Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I remember seeing a post in this category months ago about a line of 3D-printed ball-jointed dolls, and it perked my interest.  The dolls are particularly interesting because people are able to use the Makie site's free software to design their own doll and the company will print the doll out based on the design.  I designed a doll shortly after Makie introduced a new rounder, cuter face design and finally ordered one when they started to include a light face-up for the dolls.  I got my little elf today (after only about three weeks) and she's adorable!

She stands very well on her own!  I'm really impressed with the detail, and I'm glad they come with a light face-up now.  The faces are definitely a lot cuter than they were when I saw them initially.  You have the option of choosing between four skin types, several eye colors, wigs, and a few outfits.  The most unique option allows you to alter the face to your liking; you can make it gaunt or round, you can slope the nose, raise the eyes, make the face look angry... there's many options!  You can even give them pointed ears!  I have a preference for round, elvish faces, so I made a little elf girl named Twiddle.

They don't come with shoes (unless you buy them) but there's a forum on the site and a variety of other sites that will suggest doll clothes that'll fit Makies.  I believe Makies used to be shipped nude with their eyes, wig, and clothes in a baggie?  My girl came fully assembled so I didn't have to fuss with putting her eyes in and her wig on.  Her wig actually seems glued in a small spot to her scalp, but I'm thinking it got a little fused being shipped from the UK to Las Vegas.  

Overall, I'm very impressed with this little cutie.  She's smaller than Monster High, and I probably could've bought a cheap Dollfie for the cost I spent, but the fact that I designed her myself means a lot.  I'd love to get one of these for my niece when she gets a little older. 

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She's very cute. I was playing with Makie software earlier but I can't justify the cost yet.

I'd kinda like a boy and a girl lol.

Got any shots of this cute girl alongside other dolls? Like MH or whatever? That'd be interesting to see the proportions etc.

I agree the cost is a bit too much, but I did like create a bunch of different ones without making it reality I would like to buy one but it's just too much to pay for but they are really cute and interesting and a whole lot different and also is a lot of fun.

I'll take a comparison picture maybe tonight! :)

purple_monkfish said:

She's very cute. I was playing with Makie software earlier but I can't justify the cost yet.

I'd kinda like a boy and a girl lol.

Got any shots of this cute girl alongside other dolls? Like MH or whatever? That'd be interesting to see the proportions etc.

Twiddle standing between Operetta and a Once Upon a Zombie Rapunzel.

She is adorable!! I wish I could afford them, I'd have a million lol

And face-up! 

I know, I'd probably have a small army like I have with my MH dolls.  I've only had this one for a day and I'm hooked on how cute they are!

Boomunki said:

She is adorable!! I wish I could afford them, I'd have a million lol

Oh wow, she's really cute!  I really do like the idea of how unique you can make these dolls.

I have a Makie too, one of the older ones before "Cuties" I believe they've dubbed them.

I do love the customisation on the face you can do (I've made mine to be a little goblin type character), that you can pick different skin tones without it costing anything and the fact they come with clothes and wig (even with a silicon cap :D) is great too. I believe Makie's wigs will come stuck on by default unless you specify not to (I messaged one of the team to make sure mine didn't come attached as I wanted to have the option to change).

I love the body too, maybe it's because it fits the character so well, but it's a nice change from the typical doll bodies you get.

For me the posing is a bit to limited for the price I'd rather have a Monster High or Obitsu for less with better posing and the height is a little disappointing, but that's more a personal thing as I would really like her to be similar in height to some of my other dolls. At the moment the height difference does make it seem like she could be a little sister.

Though for any one who owns Blythe's I believe they're similarly sized and can wear some of their loose fitted/knitted clothing

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service