Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I'm sure this is a thread already but I figure I'd start a fresh one so I can read everyone's response as it comes.

Recently I decided to take a new approach on collecting my dolls, nothing drastic but different. When I started collecting Monster High, I was the collector that needed it ALL and by all I meant all the dolls and what I referred to as their "things" (beds, cars, etc.), I even had dolls from certain collections I wasn't fond of or "things" I could do without.  I literally had every line and every one of their "things" up until the Wave 3 release. My room was becoming a Monster High museum and I was running out of shelf space.

I decided that from now on I would ONLY 100% stay up to date on "basics" or the first version of a doll and ONLY collect the dolls I truly loved (ss lagoona, so clawdeen, lagoona, favorite fashion packs) or the one time release dolls within a line  (Gil, Cupid, Clawd in SO forbitten combo)  I figured it would help with moderation and give my wallet a break.

I'm holding on the to my complete 1600 and classroom because they have sentimental value because I got them on my birthday Draculaura and I shared birthday parties on her Sweet 1600! :)

So anyway, I'm interested to know how you collect? Are you an everything person? Are you a certain lines person? Are you a one character person? Do you buy in mass like entertainment earth? Do you just collect what you can get? Do you only trade? 

Views: 1704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I try to only buy one of each character, the basic of that one. Recently I find myself liking the newer lines coming out and wanting to buy one particular doll from that line. So basically what I like. 

Well, I buy what I want AND if I see it on shelves I immediately buy it if I have money because you know who comes and wipes out the MH isle… SCALPERS. 

Like many other people, I only buy the Basic of each character, because I consider having the character's pet and diary to be a huge deal. However, I have made exceptions for GB Jackson (there wasn't a Basic version of him then), SS Gil (because he doesn't have a Basic version yet), and Sweet 1600 Clawd (because I despise his Basic version) :)

I try to get them whenever I can but I may not always get them, as in money wise.

Another Basic Only collector here.

But now that I have most of the basics and there haven't been many new characters being released, I'm starting to branch out just to get my doll fix =X Now I want at least a full set of swimwear and formal wear characters too.

And I'm also starting to really want the CAMs now that they've been re-released with 2 Torsos

I really want to start the CAM but I only want the add on packs not the 2pack one :/ but it doesn't have a torso... and non of them match the white ghost girl #firstworldproblems

Werecat Strut said:

Another Basic Only collector here.

But now that I have most of the basics and there haven't been many new characters being released, I'm starting to branch out just to get my doll fix =X Now I want at least a full set of swimwear and formal wear characters too.

And I'm also starting to really want the CAMs now that they've been re-released with 2 Torsos

UGH Im that way too, I find myself buying something I'd rather buy later because I'm in the store for something else I need to buy like groceries or work things BUT I know I either a. will never see it again or b. I'll end up pay 2x, 3x, 10x the price 

Spongebob Squarepants said:

Well, I buy what I want AND if I see it on shelves I immediately buy it if I have money because you know who comes and wipes out the MH isle… SCALPERS. 

i buy one of EVERY doll released and pthem boxed, i the buy one of every BASIC to open for display (plus ones like s16 cupid and ssgil ones with no basic) then for each fashion pack i buy a spare doll usually try to get a second hand one or a nude doll of ebay, failing tht i buy another doll then ebay there clothes to recoop a few pennies. then i really love the fearleading pack so i have purchased lots of uniforms and have a big cheers squad for my fave dolls 14 atm , just got a nude jackson today though to add to this and got him a deuce scream outfit to wear.

with all the new stuff coming again ill only get one boxed then duplicate basics (venus and robecca to open)

awwwwooooooo

My oldest is a basic's only collector, but since my 6 yr old wants to get in on the act and they aren't making any more plushies I got her the gloom beach set, Jackson, and SS Abbey and Lagoona.  I may get her the DDG Spectra and Operettas.  

I started out collection everything but with the latest info about the "holiday exclusives" I decided I needed to start picking and choosing the things that I really like and not getting the stuff I think is just so-so.

I keep my dolls in their boxes and I've gotten every one except SO Lagoona. I only saw her in the stores once and didn't buy her because her accessories had all fallen to the bottom of the box and I wanted her mint. Luckily I think she'll be in an assortment closer to the end of the year. I wanted to only collect the ones I liked, but I like mostly all of them and I'm a little OCD about having things complete. I don't, however, buy any of the "stuff". No cars or beds or fearbooks or walkie-talkies (though I did find a Draculaura t-shirt I liked a lot in a kids' X-large XD). Just the dolls. That's why playsets drive me MAD. On one hand I want everything mint in its box, but on the other I don't want bunk beds and hydration stations. (In the end, the MIB thing wins out and I have to suck it up.) I try to limit myself to keep things fresh. I won't buy more than 2 dolls at any one store unless I'm also buying for other people. And I try to find them IN STORE - not online or through trades. I prefer the thrill of finding them when I'm out "hunting". Ordering online isn't quite so thrilling and it's hard to inspect trade dolls like I would in the store. I'll pass on dolls if their paint jobs are wonky (*cough* Werecats *cough*) or their boxes aren't mint and hope I see them again in the future. That way I get things like SO Lagoona - the one that got away that I'm now stalking, waiting for her re-release.

I used to buy whichever new ones I spotted. The first doll I got was a wave1 Spectra but I didn't know how much she was worth and did a custom on her oops! 

I own really random dolls. Sweet 1600 Clawdeen and Frankie, Dead Tired Ghoulia and Frankie, Ss Ghoulia and Abby.. Then I decided to collect only Frankie because she's my favourite. I also pick up rarer dolls if I see them, a Ss lagoona, toralei. I bought a Rochelle too cause I think she's cute . 

I am trying to buy less as I'm an adult and it looks like clutter in my apartment.

Amanda (Ghoulia Yelps) said:

I keep my dolls in their boxes and I've gotten every one except SO Lagoona. I only saw her in the stores once and didn't buy her because her accessories had all fallen to the bottom of the box and I wanted her mint. Luckily I think she'll be in an assortment closer to the end of the year. I wanted to only collect the ones I liked, but I like mostly all of them and I'm a little OCD about having things complete. I don't, however, buy any of the "stuff". No cars or beds or fearbooks or walkie-talkies (though I did find a Draculaura t-shirt I liked a lot in a kids' X-large XD). Just the dolls. That's why playsets drive me MAD. On one hand I want everything mint in its box, but on the other I don't want bunk beds and hydration stations. (In the end, the MIB thing wins out and I have to suck it up.) I try to limit myself to keep things fresh. I won't buy more than 2 dolls at any one store unless I'm also buying for other people. And I try to find them IN STORE - not online or through trades. I prefer the thrill of finding them when I'm out "hunting". Ordering online isn't quite so thrilling and it's hard to inspect trade dolls like I would in the store. I'll pass on dolls if their paint jobs are wonky (*cough* Werecats *cough*) or their boxes aren't mint and hope I see them again in the future. That way I get things like SO Lagoona - the one that got away that I'm now stalking, waiting for her re-release.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service