Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

When i was a kid i got 2 dolls over £15 dolls at the most for birthdays and christmas and maybe the random under £5 doll when on holiday.

I see lots of videos on youtube of mainly american tweenagers with the full set even spares to put the outfits on even every vehicle and accessory.you name they've got it.

these dolls arn't cheap,they must be getting a monster high thing every week, or worse every few days, no kid deserves that much praise!!!!.

there parents must be either rich,taking out a loan.....or shoplifting.

Views: 2899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know! It's just so weird to see someone, having ALL DOLLS. I only have 5 dolls, the Deuce and Cleo set and Lagoona, I paid for those myself, Ghoulia which I got for my birthday and dead tired Draculaura that I got from my mother because I had a lot of health problems and she felt sorry for me that we couldn't do anything in the summer break because we're pour O-O

I'm an adult, and I buy dolls for myself, but I also pay all my bills, food, gas, etc. Honestly i don't know how I would afford everything with a kid on top of it. That being said, birthdays and christmas in the US are generally REALLY big deals. There is so much commercial push to buy your kids more, that it makes me glad that I don't have any, and can buy for myself and my boyfriend! Kids still get stuff throughout the year, but those two are the biggest.

my parents said if they win the lottery they are going to buy every monster high doll ever made for me and my sister and we will get a nice big house and we will have a room for all the dolls and they are going to get someone to make a giant mh dollhouse and they will also get us a video camera so we can make awesome videos with them.

I'm also an adult collector, I live in the uk so dolls aren't cheap for me. I've noticed that sometimes a doll in america with shipping can be cheaper than here. Not always of course.
I wouldn't like to be a parent right now everything really is so commercialized that they feel they have to spend to keep kids happy. I was brought up by my dad who couldn't afford brand new toys all the time. I just don't know how they do it. Whole series of dolls eek.

I have near 70 dolls now. I rarely buy my own, because I reinvest back into my own company with most of the money I make. However, a lot of my fans buy dolls for me because they love my work, so its sort of like I buy my own dolls :P My husband buys a lot of stuff for me and my kids and while they are spoiled, not nearly as much as all that. They get toys based on their grades. The older of my two boys is an honor student in advance placement classes making all As so when he asked for an ipod I didnt flinch. Some kids now days though, its pathetic. They are 8 and have new iphones and talk awful to their parents and are barely B or C students!

I think rewarding kids when they do well is good because it gives them a good sense of achievement. But parents who throw money around like it grows on rrees is ridiculous. I have to work for my money and only buy dolls if I've got enough after bills. I don't squander it and I am grateful for every purchase I make. I don't think its always the parents fault. I think the pressure is immense these days with kids that expect so much

My God, see these vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TuCXyQUi...!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1YD3UnNO5c&feature=related

Little girls that are hardly ten years old, that have ALL the dolls, THIS ISN'T NORMAL.

Really depends on your parent(s) and also the size of your family Aunts,Uncles,Grandparents. Number of siblings and what you like, for example if you like video games well they can be expensive 50 bucks for a new one. So you get a few expensive video games or a bunch of less expensive stuff. 

VaughanH7 said:

you're from UK right? I think birthdays work different over the pond in the US. I've seen a TON of MH birthdays lately. Not once did I EVER have that many presennts as a kid. And neither did ANY of my friends. (And my school was tight knit, under 30 kids, so we all knew each other) When we were kids, our parents NEVER spent more than £50 on birthdays. But judging by literally over a hundred photos I've seen of various people in the US, they spend well over $200 on birthdays.

So yeah I think they just take birthdays just as serious as we here in the UK take christmas. (hiding presents all year until the big day etc) On my birthdays, my mom asked me what I wanted about a week earlier, and she got it for me then.

So help me out Americans, do you take birthdays a bit more seriously then we do? Because that's my only explenation of why I've never seen anyone here in the UK have that many gifts. I think the only time it got close to that, was on my sixth birthday, when we had a HUGE party with everyone from school, and all my relatives coming down to the village hall for me. Yeah I got a ton of gifts then, but you can tell why xD

This is a very interesting, potentially sensitive topic. I don't want to be redundant, so I'll just say, while every family's financial situation is different and everyone has their own views on parenting, I don't think there's anything wrong with the number of dolls/toys a child has either way as long as they are taught the value of a dollar and to take care of their belongings.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular but there seems to be some jealousy or irrational animosity behind a lot of comments about youtube videos of collections and such. I don't understand this, especially when it involves children showing off their toys. Whatever your age, what does this have to do with you? Sure it's irritating to see an obviously spoiled child with lots of attitude showing off an immense collection of dolls, tripping over toys, throwing them around, picking them up off the floor, from behind the couch, marks on their face/dress torn/hair chopped, making comments like "I don't even like this one," or "I don't even know how many I have," etc. But a lot of kids (who often grow up to be adult collectors) take very good care of their toys and are very proud to display them. Some kids are incredibly fortunate and their parents may buy them a lot (and work just as hard as everyone else for their paychecks), but as long as they are actively teaching their kids these life lessons I don't see the problem. Obviously this doesn't happen in a lot of cases lol, but my point is the concepts aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

I'll be honest, I couldn't make it through the entire videos because I really don't have the patience lol, but I thought what I saw was very cute. These girls are obviously very proud of their dolls and take excellent care of them, and it looks like their parents/family have spent a lot of time in helping them display their collections, making dollhouse projects, etc. I don't see anything necessarily bad with either. These kids may be budgeting their own allowances when the camera isn't rolling and doing chores, who knows.

Spectroona said:

My God, see these vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TuCXyQUi...!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1YD3UnNO5c&feature=related

Little girls that are hardly ten years old, that have ALL the dolls, THIS ISN'T NORMAL.

The type of children you named first is the type I dislike so much, I've seen so many of those that I just can't get them out of my head. I have such a strong opinion about them that I even dislike children who really care about their dolls and do chores for them.

I think it's because I'm a child too, and I also do chores and work hard and save money but I'm absolutely not the same as those children on youtube. I don't get an allowance, I don't have a big family and it's save to say that I live in a poor family.

Now that Mattel is finally releasing more dolls in the Netherlands, I look at the shelves in my toy store, see dolls I want so bad but just don't have the money to buy them (and neither do my parents). Then I look at all those children on youtube and the fact that they maybe even work as hard as I do just dissapears out of my mind and the only thing I see is spoiled children who don't even know how much their parents paid for all those dolls that they have.

Billy Bathory-Van Helsing said:

This is a very interesting, potentially sensitive topic. I don't want to be redundant, so I'll just say, while every family's financial situation is different and everyone has their own views on parenting, I don't think there's anything wrong with the number of dolls/toys a child has either way as long as they are taught the value of a dollar and to take care of their belongings.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular but there seems to be some jealousy or irrational animosity behind a lot of comments about youtube videos of collections and such. I don't understand this, especially when it involves children showing off their toys. Whatever your age, what does this have to do with you? Sure it's irritating to see an obviously spoiled child with lots of attitude showing off an immense collection of dolls, tripping over toys, throwing them around, picking them up off the floor, from behind the couch, marks on their face/dress torn/hair chopped, making comments like "I don't even like this one," or "I don't even know how many I have," etc. But a lot of kids (who often grow up to be adult collectors) take very good care of their toys and are very proud to display them. Some kids are incredibly fortunate and their parents may buy them a lot (and work just as hard as everyone else for their paychecks), but as long as they are actively teaching their kids these life lessons I don't see the problem. Obviously this doesn't happen in a lot of cases lol, but my point is the concepts aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Do I think it's a good idea for parents to be that lavish? No. Because how can you REALLY appreciate your new things when it's so many, so quickly and so easy? But, whatever. She's obviously taking good care of them so even if you want to call her "spoiled", you can't really add the "rotten".

I was reading the comments and ended up closing the window. I need to be an adult here and not get into digital yelling matches with grade schoolers but I swear, sometimes it's SO HARD. One of the comments accuses her of having no friends and using dolls instead. It's SO OBVIOUS that she's jealous. Mom and Dad won't buy her as many dolls as the girl in the video but! but! At least she has FRIENDS, right? When you're jealous, it's easier to pretend the other person is either a jerk or a loser so you feel vindicated.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service