Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

When i was a kid i got 2 dolls over £15 dolls at the most for birthdays and christmas and maybe the random under £5 doll when on holiday.

I see lots of videos on youtube of mainly american tweenagers with the full set even spares to put the outfits on even every vehicle and accessory.you name they've got it.

these dolls arn't cheap,they must be getting a monster high thing every week, or worse every few days, no kid deserves that much praise!!!!.

there parents must be either rich,taking out a loan.....or shoplifting.

Views: 2928

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, this. It's very annoying when people ask why I "waste" so much money on dolls. It's almost always trashy people who spend 100 bucks a weekend getting drunk.

Essence Beasley said:

If those kids have ads set up on their youtube videos, they actually can get paid per view. So, they could be making their own money to spend on MH to make more videos to buy more dolls. 

When I was younger, I saved my lunch money ($20 every 2 weeks, we didn't get a real "allowance") and just got up early to make a sack lunch. Then when I was old enough to push the lawnmower, I got another $20 to mow the lawn every week. And then in high school, I ran a "bakery" out of my homeroom class and sold brownies, cupcakes, and/or fruit punch (but I didn't buy dolls with that money). Now I'm 21, and I have a part time job and I buy the dolls when I see the ones I want or ones I think I can trade for ones I want, but my collection is currently only 32 strong. I think kids today just might be more enterprising with the advancements in technology.

Completely off-topic (or a little on-topic): It annoys me to no end when my friends try to lecture me about buying my MH dolls. I mean, I know I don't NEED MH dolls, but I love them. And frankly, it's none of your business if I spent $25 on a doll or what I plan to do with the dolls. And it's especially annoying because none of them spend their money on anything more practical. Oh, you go out drinking 4 nights a week and that's somehow more cost effective than buying a doll (or 3) every 2 weeks? Oh, you eat out at Whataburger or order a pizza every other day, or go get a spray tan and a manicure/pedicure every week, but that's more prudent than me having a collection? It's not like I don't have a savings account, or I skip rent or anything, I'm very responsible, so let me have my one fun thing! *END RANT* 

But seriously, other people judge you guys, right?

I'm so sick of seeing all the mean spirited things people say about wookiewarrior. I see it a lot on Facebook from ADULTS. I'm sorry, but that's just pathetic. If their parents want to buy them the dolls, who cares? It's nobody's business. At least they appreciate the dolls and have them displayed nicely.

I can understand people just not being a fan because they don't like the videos, everyone has the right not to watch their videos. However not liking them for their large collection is just a sign of jealousy and such almost be considered bull. All their videos are funding for that collection so they are technically earning their money fair and square just like the rest of us, they just manage to have that extreme fan base giving them a bit more than others. The only ones you could possibly complain about then are the ones sent to them by Mattel and you know there's a way to do that too, build yourself up on YouTube as they did (it's hard but if you want a free doll that much you might as well try). They did work for what they got and instead of complaining they should be trying to get their own money so they can try and get as many as they do if your that envious of their collection. >.>

Gina said:

I'm so sick of seeing all the mean spirited things people say about wookiewarrior. I see it a lot on Facebook from ADULTS. I'm sorry, but that's just pathetic. If their parents want to buy them the dolls, who cares? It's nobody's business. At least they appreciate the dolls and have them displayed nicely.

well I'm 13 and my parents get me some allowance. so I end up saving up for about 2 weeks, then i get it but i work for my money. My parents will also get me something (like if I see a rare doll and have no money) and I will earn it and they won't let me have it till I work hard for it. And christmas and b-day are pretty big but thats because I have a big family and they each get me 2-5 presents depending on how much money. and I think this is fair :).

My jaw literally dropped when i saw that pic.

But yeah, I have two dolls, (one of which is becoming a custom) but they were both bought with my own money, all the supplies for customizing bought with my money, not my parents.

CKasper said:

I work at FORD ( $15.00+ hr ) my wife works as a nurse ( $18.00+ hr ) - my daughter has well over 40 dolls and im fine with it as long as she takes care of them. she gets about 1 a month BUT me and her mom by them when ever we see them and put them up in are closet untill the next big day ( b-day - christmas ) we also hit stores on delivery day and will never use Ebay with there crazy prices ( this helps keep cost down ) my daughters B-day was 2 days ago and the pic below is all she got in monster high - all her other items ( non MH related ) are not pictured

As a child, my parent's weren't big on gifts. I'd get birthday and Christmas gifts, plus some random toys every now and then when I was well behaved. I didn't get an allowance either. Now that I'm older, I use my own money to buy my dolls. Later this year, I'm getting a promotion that will allow me to reasonably afford 1 doll a day every day after bills and necessities are met. Not that I'm actually going to do that, it wouldn't be reasonable. But I do work hard for the money I make and I have every right to spend it on what I want so long as my responsibilities are taken cared of. I've had people criticize my extra spending habits, all while having their own spending habits to deal with.

I like wookiewarrior. Usually I'm interested in other MH stuff too, and not just the dolls. And they usually do videos of such types of items as well. So I get to see what it looks like up close and whatnot before I buy it online or somewhere. It's obvious that they take care of their dolls and not just throw them aside after the videos. 

woww thats alot you got for your daughter  i only get one doll per holiday and i only have 7 right now because i cant get any on a normal day only if its  a holiday and yes i think the same thing how do they get the money because i buy some of my dolls with my pocket money its shocking how tweens on youtube have ALL of them :/

CKasper said:

I work at FORD ( $15.00+ hr ) my wife works as a nurse ( $18.00+ hr ) - my daughter has well over 40 dolls and im fine with it as long as she takes care of them. she gets about 1 a month BUT me and her mom by them when ever we see them and put them up in are closet untill the next big day ( b-day - christmas ) we also hit stores on delivery day and will never use Ebay with there crazy prices ( this helps keep cost down ) my daughters B-day was 2 days ago and the pic below is all she got in monster high - all her other items ( non MH related ) are not pictured

I just want to say that just because a parent showers their child in toys and gifts, doesn't make the kid an annoying brat that whines for toys and brags that they have them. Maybe they earn it, with good behavior, chores, and other stuff. And so what if their parents buy them even if they don't work for it, its none of your business. As a kid, I got most the toys I wanted, but I didn't whine or beg or annoy the crap out of my parents just to get them.  I earned them, I kept my grades up, I was always on my best behavior, and I helped out with the new baby. Occasionally, I got a toy for doing absolutely nothing. As for Wookie Warrior 23, I like them, I enjoy their reviews. I think they make money off of their videos, which helps raise funds for dolls. It makes me want to make reviews on toys lol :)

BUT you can make money off of YouTube so they could get money from YouTube but I have 78 dolls and Indomt whine and complain to my parents. And my parents don't shoplift. I will do my best in everything I do and that's how I get my dolls. So its possible to get that many dolls.

I'm from the US, and honestly, I see a problem with these girls who have a gazillion dolls... It's getting ridiculous... But I do think that there's a difference between what you're seeing on YouTube and what happens for the majority of girls over here.  

My family doesn't spend that much on birthdays, but we go big for Christmas.  Still, my sister's and I received one single doll for Christmas last year and that was just fine with me.

Maybe it's because a lot of successful parents have only one child, and can therefor spend a lot of money on said child.  I have three sisters, and a large extended family that meets for holidays.  We don't go crazy on these dolls, though it is hard to resist buying a new one every once in a while, which I think is okay... :)

Hope that made sense! I lost track of what I was really trying to say somewhere in there!

Well I think if Monster High were around when I was a kids I'd have just as much because of my birth mom and her sister. I'd only see them a week before my birthday and Christmas but they would call a month or two before our lists. Basically anything we asked for my brother and I got, no matter how much the cost or how much we asked for. They would showup for our visitations with our birth mom with a carload of gifts each time. To get a idea how many toys I had, my dad would joke about how could sleep with so many eyes staring at me and it was too the point that kids who saw how much I had got jelaous of me.
The thing is all these gifts came at the price of my birth mom trying to buy our love but at the time we were too young to see it. It is safe to assume I have no contact with her anymore.

Yeah and I could be a woman with a good paying job supporting herself and buying the dolls because they are a fun, creative outlet. It also helps that I have no children to support or a husband to try to tell me "no".... :P

Lily Raccoon said:

Yeah!  I could be a spoiled rotten wife who's hubby cant say no!  :P

MoNsTeRgIrL♥ said:

"don't just assume that they are those spoiled rotten kids where their daddies can't say no."

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service