Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

For those of you missing Holt Hyde, EntertainmentEarth.com has it available for pre-order! He, together with Spectra, Wave 2 Frankie, Wave 2 Cleo and Wave 2 Clawdeen will be re-released this July! http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTN2851C#.Uap...

Source: http://marsmcflytrap.tumblr.com/

Views: 7917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This looks like nothing more than just an error by entertainmentearth. That is the first 2011 fall case, same dolls, same number for each doll. It is the exact same picture and page entertainmentearth used when the dolls were really released the summer of 2011. The logos on the boxes are the 2011 logo, and the rest of those dolls box logos were updated last year, except of Cleo. 

If Holt was coming out, I really don't see Mattel packaging him with 4 dolls that were available most of last year. I have never seen Mattel go back and reissue an old case, they always create a new case/assortment.

It looks like they accidentally updated Case 3 (MTN2851C) instead of what they call Case 12 (MTN2851M) -- which would have Picture Day Opereta. PD Opereta has been found on store shelves that does does mean Case W (ee's case 11 or MTN2851K) and Case X are shipping at the same time.

Somebody needs to contact them and find out what the deal is here.

Wow, they're going to have a lot of cancelled orders and upset customers if people are expecting to get Holt and instead get Picture Day!!! 

Mattel has rereleased old assortments in the past. There is nothing about this listing that appears to be an error. Wave 2 Cleo, Clawdeen and Frankie were found recently so this is all about Mattel making a profit. The case assortment is different than it was originally released. Holt was not originally released with Spectra.

Could they just be rereleasing Holt in picture day packaging? He is shown on the back of the series 2 dolls, I know several others are but it could be an easy way to get him back out there.

I definitely think they'll be rereleasing Holt (whether or not he comes with school's out or picture day wave 2 is a different story), simply because of all the nude defects that have been popping up for cheap suddenly. 

I sent in an email to customer service to verify the case assortment. Will updated on the discussion boards when I hear back from them.

Triumvirate said:

Somebody needs to contact them and find out what the deal is here.
Thank you! I'm eager to find out what they say!

i think i'm going to buy these and keep them in their boxes as i already have them out of box.

Just a few comments

2851 (or really N2851) is the Picture Day assortment, but it's also the first Monster High assortment and the "School's Out" assortment -- the assortment number is all the same.

Holt was released with Ghoula before Spectra -- but when the "School's Out" dolls came out with the updated box with this black logo w/pink ribbon (as pictured above) the new box for Holt was in the same assortment as Spectra -- and it is the same number of each dolls as listed above. "School's Out" Frankie is what was not selling out of this assortment and why the next case was not ordered in the same quantities -- very limited before the first 2012 (Toralei) case was release. Abbey, new box Ghoula and "School's Out" Lagoona was that limited case that followed the assortment pictured above.

I would suspect we will see Holt and Ghoula again, but in the Original Favorite assortment (BBC40), and not until next year -- along with Lagoona.

And someone said that UK Mattel told them what Holt was not coming out this year -- and the UK info seems to be right on the money, with the except of some US exclusives that were not on the UK list.

Someone from I believe New Zealand said that they talked to Mattel and that Holt was getting re-released this year.

Brian Sheppard said:

Just a few comments

2851 (or really N2851) is the Picture Day assortment, but it's also the first Monster High assortment and the "School's Out" assortment -- the assortment number is all the same.

Holt was released with Ghoula before Spectra -- but when the "School's Out" dolls came out with the updated box with this black logo w/pink ribbon (as pictured above) the new box for Holt was in the same assortment as Spectra -- and it is the same number of each dolls as listed above. "School's Out" Frankie is what was not selling out of this assortment and why the next case was not ordered in the same quantities -- very limited before the first 2012 (Toralei) case was release. Abbey, new box Ghoula and "School's Out" Lagoona was that limited case that followed the assortment pictured above.

I would suspect we will see Holt and Ghoula again, but in the Original Favorite assortment (BBC40), and not until next year -- along with Lagoona.

And someone said that UK Mattel told them what Holt was not coming out this year -- and the UK info seems to be right on the money, with the except of some US exclusives that were not on the UK list.

If these do share the same designation as Picture Day it would make sense that people who know the lines coming out this year wouldn't know about the re-release. Isn't it possible that these could ship simultaneously as Picture Day and occupy the same shelf space? Does a School's Out re-release really have to have a new or separate designation as proof that's it's real?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Stu Carter.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service