Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

HEY MATTEL- Can the FANS get a chance to BUY SCARAH, TOO? SDCC sighting RANT

I don't complain much....but this is RIDICULOUS....

Mattel- Are you driving up your bottom line by making the dolls scarce and allowing DEALERS privileged buying at the COMIC CON? Do you honestly think that this is BENEFICIAL to YOU?

Mattel is allowing dealers at the convention to buy Scarah before the "average joe"....that's right, THE OTHER DEALERS and their family members have privilege to buy before the public and are causing the sell outs of the (piddly 100 dolls per day) allotment of dolls. It was bad enough that people with fake and photocopied badges were allowed to buy dolls, but how do you honestly expect middle class collectors (and poor kids) to buy your DOLLS? It is marketing and advantage tactics like this that make me want to sell my entire collection and say "MONSTER BYE". 

 

WE AS FANS have hired an ACTUAL COLLECTOR to spend his time and money (almost $2000) to go to the Convention to help us get these dolls at a price FAR lower than Ebay. AND WE AS FANS are getting SCREWED! (pardon my french) because he has no access to the dolls.

 

PROOF you want?

Here's the beginning....and I will continue to upload as I get them:

Dealer #1:  (you will note that he has more than the 6 doll allotment)

and he actually COMPLAINED that he was shorted 2 dolls.....hmmmmm

Views: 5652

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If my sister was there she would grab that box just lying there and run off with it...the one the that his stuff isn't on...he deff wouldn't be able to catch her she would disappear into the crowds on the streets. xD yeah she just said that to me.

I know its wrong, but if he is a scapler, he deserves it...

Every word of this! As a collector, I think all this is a slap in the face -- but I am personally not a serious MH collector. As a parent, I'm practically foaming at the mouth. Every other doll seems to be an exclusive, they bring out a new basic student doll at SDCC and distribute it horribly. I am still thrilled that these dolls came out and so we dodged the Barbie/princess bullet completely in our house....but it's become frustrating beyond belief. Especially when they are constantly making new basic characters so hard to get! (Cupid, Meowlody, Purrsephone, Howleen, Scarah, Bloodgood, Catrine de Mew). It's a level of aggravation I really just can't handle anymore. This weekend really killed off my enthusiasm for the line. Now, the little one still loves them and probably I'll fall back in love but....so, SO unhappy with Mattel right now.

Shannanigan O'Crabby said:

My friend has gone every morning first thing to get me a doll... and every time it was sold out.

Whoever it was talking smack about people complaining who asked friends to get them a doll... stop it. Some of us just can't make it this year and not everyone can afford to go. That means we don't have any right to complain?? When you see people with freakin' CRATES of the dolls for sale on Ebay... that is sure as hell something to complain about.  Last year it was no problem getting dolls at SDCC... but over the last year the popularity of this line as quadrupled... as has the BS scalping. This is an asinine situation that Mattel should have prevented. They KNOW this crap goes on... and do NOTHING. 

Mattel has been a major fail to Monster High collectors and more importantly... people buying them for their kids. They need to straighten this crap out.... they need to sell the damn dolls direct on their website so we can get them at a fair retail and not have to deal with scalpers AT ALL. PERIOD.

Once I get Robecca I'm done with this line and Mattel in general... this is just ridiculous.

You might be right.  I haven't really checked up on facebook about it. If so, thats even more chances at trying to get the dolls for free instead of 25 dollars to 100 being dished out.

Deanna Aguilar said:

I thought facebook was going to do a give away too

If Facebook is gonna give away the dolls, I haven't heard of them (or noticed them) talking about it lately. But it would be fair, since they give some away on other sites.

Corey Maness said:

You might be right.  I haven't really checked up on facebook about it. If so, thats even more chances at trying to get the dolls for free instead of 25 dollars to 100 being dished out.

Deanna Aguilar said:

I thought facebook was going to do a give away too

Well on face book it has a event created here is the link http://www.facebook.com/events/list#!/events/340350096042429/

 

._.
 
FrejaSashe said:

If Facebook is gonna give away the dolls, I haven't heard of them (or noticed them) talking about it lately. But it would be fair, since they give some away on other sites.

Corey Maness said:

You might be right.  I haven't really checked up on facebook about it. If so, thats even more chances at trying to get the dolls for free instead of 25 dollars to 100 being dished out.

Deanna Aguilar said:

I thought facebook was going to do a give away too

This. It is just starting to get plain stupid. mattle doesn't seem to give a crap about there fans.
After I get Cupid, Venus, and Robbecca. I might be done with MH, unless the do something about this problem. Mattle is digging there oun grave right now.
Shannanigan O'Crabby said:

My friend has gone every morning first thing to get me a doll... and every time it was sold out.

Whoever it was talking smack about people complaining who asked friends to get them a doll... stop it. Some of us just can't make it this year and not everyone can afford to go. That means we don't have any right to complain?? When you see people with freakin' CRATES of the dolls for sale on Ebay... that is sure as hell something to complain about.  Last year it was no problem getting dolls at SDCC... but over the last year the popularity of this line as quadrupled... as has the BS scalping. This is an asinine situation that Mattel should have prevented. They KNOW this crap goes on... and do NOTHING. 

Mattel has been a major fail to Monster High collectors and more importantly... people buying them for their kids. They need to straighten this crap out.... they need to sell the damn dolls direct on their website so we can get them at a fair retail and not have to deal with scalpers AT ALL. PERIOD.

Once I get Robecca I'm done with this line and Mattel in general... this is just ridiculous.

This pisses me off. WTF
 
Joshsboringlife said:

Haha if you would get your head out of your butt you would of read that many people DID actually spend the money to go there. Many outside of the US. They stood for hours in line for these dolls just to be told re-sellers bought them all. That's the complain going on. Why should anyone waste their time going there if in the end they are just left with the option of buying the product from low lives like yourself? 

 

Monster4Life said:

Stop with the crying about dolls. Hop on a Plane and go get the dolls or just cough up a few more bucks and buy on eBay stop b****ing
To be honest it true in retail stores too with Ebayers I've witnessed Ebayers trying to mow down my daughter (almost 7) trying to get to the MH isle first.... It sickens me greatly!!!

Nira... "Monster4Life" is a Scalper and likes to come around here flaunting it and getting people worked up. Not worth anyone's time to respond to them directly. ;)



Nira Bominable said:

Haha if you would get your head out of your butt you would of read that many people DID actually spend the money to go there. Many outside of the US. They stood for hours in line for these dolls just to be told re-sellers bought them all. That's the complain going on. Why should anyone waste their time going there if in the end they are just left with the option of buying the product from low lives like yourself? 

 

Monster4Life said:

Stop with the crying about dolls. Hop on a Plane and go get the dolls or just cough up a few more bucks and buy on eBay stop b****ing

Yeah, I know. It is fun to respond every now and then though ;P I just figured I put my response just in case anyone else reads this and doesn't quite understand to whole ordeal of the thread. 

Shannanigan O'Crabby said:

Nira... "Monster4Life" is a Scalper and likes to come around here flaunting it and getting people worked up. Not worth anyone's time to respond to them directly. ;)



Nira Bominable said:

Haha if you would get your head out of your butt you would of read that many people DID actually spend the money to go there. Many outside of the US. They stood for hours in line for these dolls just to be told re-sellers bought them all. That's the complain going on. Why should anyone waste their time going there if in the end they are just left with the option of buying the product from low lives like yourself? 

 

Monster4Life said:

Stop with the crying about dolls. Hop on a Plane and go get the dolls or just cough up a few more bucks and buy on eBay stop b****ing

I'm with Triumrivate and Shannanigan O' Crabby here. Firstly, WHY were vendors allowed in BEFORE everyone else? What is the logic behind that, even? Many, many people have spent lots of money in order to go to SDCC and buy Scarah- and they weren't just because some people were actually allowed to buy all the stock available before opening hours? That is ridiculous. 

And secondly, I think that if you were wronged, you have every right to complain. Every. Right.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service