Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

HEY MATTEL- Can the FANS get a chance to BUY SCARAH, TOO? SDCC sighting RANT

I don't complain much....but this is RIDICULOUS....

Mattel- Are you driving up your bottom line by making the dolls scarce and allowing DEALERS privileged buying at the COMIC CON? Do you honestly think that this is BENEFICIAL to YOU?

Mattel is allowing dealers at the convention to buy Scarah before the "average joe"....that's right, THE OTHER DEALERS and their family members have privilege to buy before the public and are causing the sell outs of the (piddly 100 dolls per day) allotment of dolls. It was bad enough that people with fake and photocopied badges were allowed to buy dolls, but how do you honestly expect middle class collectors (and poor kids) to buy your DOLLS? It is marketing and advantage tactics like this that make me want to sell my entire collection and say "MONSTER BYE". 

WE AS FANS have hired an ACTUAL COLLECTOR to spend his time and money (almost $2000) to go to the Convention to help us get these dolls at a price FAR lower than Ebay. AND WE AS FANS are getting SCREWED! (pardon my french) because he has no access to the dolls.

PROOF you want?

Here's the beginning....and I will continue to upload as I get them:

Dealer #1:  (you will note that he has more than the 6 doll allotment)

and he actually COMPLAINED that he was shorted 2 dolls.....hmmmmm

Views: 5652

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree totally. I think actual fans have a better chance of getting Scarah for a reasonable price if we band together and a few of us go there and pick up the dolls for the known collectors. Matty Collector having them online (whether they impose a limit or not) will only help the scalping.

FrejaSashe said:

I'm guessing they're trying to keep a certain amount for MattyCollector. But that doesn't quite make sense to me. Why don't they, if only 5k were made, have 2,500 at the con itself, 1000 for pre-ordered, and the rest for MattyCollector? 

Scalpers suck. One thing for sure, there's no way in hell I'm paying $100.00 for a doll that sold for $25. I will try my hardest to acquire her thru the Matty site, and if not, then I will wait for the ridiculous prices to drop. And if I miss out on her, then I miss out, oh well. Losers like that guy make it impossible for us die hard collectors to get a one of a kind doll at a decent price.

I read on another forum Mattel was releasing 1,000 MH dolls a day.  The other forum reported people started standing in line at 6:30 am to be able to purchase.

Thankyou Jill Spectrafan ... I couldn't get her either and I was there pretty early in the line on Thursday. So now I've decided not to bother getting her anymore and certainly will not buy from a scalper.  RIDICULOUS MATTEL!

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME .......ON YOU FOR DOING THIS TO FANS.

...so you hired someone to go to the con for you? And you're complaining about other people doing the exact same thing?

And yes, it was 1,000 dolls a day, not 100. If you were in line early, you did get a chance to get them, but if you didn't show up until right before it opened, then no, you didn't.

Your obviously one who didn't go to comic con. I did.  Stop talking trash.

I'm not talking trash, I'm trying to clarify. Because from the original post, that's what it sounds like is happening. But I'm also not ranting about not getting it, either. :)

However .. I  was in the MATTEL line waiting to buy her ... in half an hour she was GONE and I also saw boxes of dolls being carried out but did not realise until this post that they were vendors.

Mattel said that she could be purchased at CC  ... turned out to be a lie.

It is costly to go to CC so yes ..  allow me to rant about it... and I came from overseas.

I paid someone to buy me a doll, yes. I paid him $12. It helps him pay his expenses there. How many Ebay vendors give you the same deal? ...if you know the man in the picture and you would like to speak for him, by all means tell me he's doing the same as the man buying for me. I am sure there are some people from this site who are doing that....which is fine.

The problem I have, is that the VENDORS at the Comic Con are using their early entry and getting up to the front of the line before anyone else can get to it. My problem is also with the people (as others AT the Comic Con have verified) who buy the dolls at the front of the line and then proceed to SCALP the dolls just outside the doors for $100+. It's hardly the same thing as what my friend does.

You won't hear me use the term "scalp" often....but I believe this is textbook scalping.

And there are only 100 being sold at the counter...this is from a MATTEL employee at the counter of the Comic Con line. Where did you get your number of 1,000?

LadyNisa said:

I'm not talking trash, I'm trying to clarify. Because from the original post, that's what it sounds like is happening. But I'm also not ranting about not getting it, either. :)

^my first post wasn't even directed at you, it was at the OP, so i really don't understand what you're upset *at me* about?

She said she hired someone to get the dolls FOR her instead of going and getting it herself (like what you did). And then complain about "dealers" buying everything.... when she did essentially the same thing.

I totally understand being upset about not getting a doll though, that does suck, especially when you come overseas. Rant away!

I heard 1000 from my friends who also went and also talked with mattel people. They actually got their dolls too, and no, they aren't scalpers or vendors. They are normal people who are collectors. $12? That's maybe half the cost of one of the dolls... is this a personal friend of yours? Doesn't seem right, but at the same time, $12 is a small amount and hardly worth ripping someone off of...

Thats awesome that your friends were able to get dolls. My friend said the mattel people told him different numbers everyday but none were close to 1000. Maybe that's the total for the whole show...idk. He charged $12 fee plus cost of dolls ($37 total). I have been in constant contact with him throughout the convention. It would be an awful lot of work on his part to earn a measly $12 or even $37.

LadyNisa said:

I heard 1000 from my friends who also went and also talked with mattel people. They actually got their dolls too, and no, they aren't scalpers or vendors. They are normal people who are collectors. $12? That's maybe half the cost of one of the dolls... is this a personal friend of yours? Doesn't seem right, but at the same time, $12 is a small amount and hardly worth ripping someone off of...

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service