Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

HEY MATTEL- Can the FANS get a chance to BUY SCARAH, TOO? SDCC sighting RANT

I don't complain much....but this is RIDICULOUS....

Mattel- Are you driving up your bottom line by making the dolls scarce and allowing DEALERS privileged buying at the COMIC CON? Do you honestly think that this is BENEFICIAL to YOU?

Mattel is allowing dealers at the convention to buy Scarah before the "average joe"....that's right, THE OTHER DEALERS and their family members have privilege to buy before the public and are causing the sell outs of the (piddly 100 dolls per day) allotment of dolls. It was bad enough that people with fake and photocopied badges were allowed to buy dolls, but how do you honestly expect middle class collectors (and poor kids) to buy your DOLLS? It is marketing and advantage tactics like this that make me want to sell my entire collection and say "MONSTER BYE". 

WE AS FANS have hired an ACTUAL COLLECTOR to spend his time and money (almost $2000) to go to the Convention to help us get these dolls at a price FAR lower than Ebay. AND WE AS FANS are getting SCREWED! (pardon my french) because he has no access to the dolls.

PROOF you want?

Here's the beginning....and I will continue to upload as I get them:

Dealer #1:  (you will note that he has more than the 6 doll allotment)

and he actually COMPLAINED that he was shorted 2 dolls.....hmmmmm

Views: 5652

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I sit on a T1 fiber at work. You can't get a whole lot faster than that and I still did not get a pre-order, they sold out in minutes, not hours. Sometimes that's just the luck of the draw. I understand being frustrated very much, but blaming people because their internet is "better" than yours is silly.

sshaoshao said:

Isn't that what they already have with the pre-sale on matty collector? the only difference is that there's a 1/person limit as opposed to their 6. And even then it was crazy, people with faster internet have a better advantage considering the scarah perorder sold out within hours. I was somebody who was not able to get a preordered doll and my only option was to rush over to the line and try to get one. If they had ALL been preorders than people like me would have been SOL, and that doesn't seem very fair either. 

LOL, i'm not "Blaming" anyone, considering I was lucky enough to nab her, I'm just saying that we can go back and forth forever saying that this is fair and this is unfair, the truth is there really isn't a more fair way of doing it than they are doing it now. 

I was just saying that issuing vouchers online isn't any different than the system that they already had through matty collector.

LadyNisa said:

I sit on a T1 fiber at work. You can't get a whole lot faster than that and I still did not get a pre-order, they sold out in minutes, not hours. Sometimes that's just the luck of the draw. I understand being frustrated very much, but blaming people because their internet is "better" than yours is silly.

sshaoshao said:

Isn't that what they already have with the pre-sale on matty collector? the only difference is that there's a 1/person limit as opposed to their 6. And even then it was crazy, people with faster internet have a better advantage considering the scarah perorder sold out within hours. I was somebody who was not able to get a preordered doll and my only option was to rush over to the line and try to get one. If they had ALL been preorders than people like me would have been SOL, and that doesn't seem very fair either. 

Ah, I totally see what you're saying now, sorry that I misinterpreted!  I do agree that I'd *like* to see things be more fair, or scalpers better handled, but really, they're already doing the best that they can to be the most fair to everyone.

sshaoshao said:

LOL, i'm not "Blaming" anyone, considering I was lucky enough to nab her, I'm just saying that we can go back and forth forever saying that this is fair and this is unfair, the truth is there really isn't a more fair way of doing it than they are doing it now. 

I was just saying that issuing vouchers online isn't any different than the system that they already had through matty collector.

LadyNisa said:

sshaoshao said:

What is Matty collector? Is that an official Mattel store, or is it a collector's online store? I know all about dolls selling out in minutes. The Integrity Toys website crashes almost every time an exclusive doll goes on sale. Many people get 1/2 way through the process of buying a doll, only to lose the doll when the site crashes. It is such a nightmare! All the stress over a doll :-)

I can only hope that Mattel will listen to the complaints and try something different next year! I agree 100% if we do not buy from the scalpers, they will not stay in business for long. With the number of MH dolls you see on ebay, I am surprised so many people still try to sell the new dolls for such high prices. I have learned to wait and find the dolls myself, unless it is something very rare. Even then if I wait a few months the ebay prices usually seem to go down.

sshaoshao said:

Anyone else think this line is going to go the way of Beanie Babies or Webkinz if this keeps up? I remember with Webkinz the scalpers were scooping them up and now they can be found at over stock stores for $2. People just gave up and stopped caring because they were hard to find and their children moved on when they didn't get the stuff they wanted. 

I've been feeling this for some time. Especially with how it's constantly difficult to get new dolls and how stores only seem to get one or two boxes at a time (if that). For a while it happened to Skylanders when they had that drought that lasted for months. On their FB page, I'd often see parents saying how their kids no longer wants to play Skylanders anymore because of stores never having them in stock and ended up selling their collections.

I sure don't want Monster High to get to that point, but I will admit that I'll be surprised if MH is still a hit two years from now because of the current situation. :(

andrewforlife said:

Anyone else think this line is going to go the way of Beanie Babies or Webkinz if this keeps up? I remember with Webkinz the scalpers were scooping them up and now they can be found at over stock stores for $2. People just gave up and stopped caring because they were hard to find and their children moved on when they didn't get the stuff they wanted. 

Here's the link, http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/home

As you can see they will have Scarah for her retail price. They were the ones who are selling all of the Mattel toys at SDCC. They had an online preorder where you could order her and pick her up at the con a few weeks before SDCC and then they sold a bunch of them first come first serve and now they are selling her worldwide on the 23rd. So, My thinking  is that they probably split the order of dolls into three catagories: Preorders to be picked up at the Con, First come First Serve, and for the general population. Which I think is probably as fair as it can get. 

Beth L said:

What is Matty collector? Is that an official Mattel store, or is it a collector's online store? I know all about dolls selling out in minutes. The Integrity Toys website crashes almost every time an exclusive doll goes on sale. Many people get 1/2 way through the process of buying a doll, only to lose the doll when the site crashes. It is such a nightmare! All the stress over a doll :-)

I can only hope that Mattel will listen to the complaints and try something different next year! I agree 100% if we do not buy from the scalpers, they will not stay in business for long. With the number of MH dolls you see on ebay, I am surprised so many people still try to sell the new dolls for such high prices. I have learned to wait and find the dolls myself, unless it is something very rare. Even then if I wait a few months the ebay prices usually seem to go down.

sshaoshao said:

I hope by the time Scarah goes "live" on Matty Collector they change the damn limit to 1 or 2 per household. It still says 6...

sshaoshao said:

Here's the link, http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/home

As you can see they will have Scarah for her retail price. They were the ones who are selling all of the Mattel toys at SDCC. They had an online preorder where you could order her and pick her up at the con a few weeks before SDCC and then they sold a bunch of them first come first serve and now they are selling her worldwide on the 23rd. So, My thinking  is that they probably split the order of dolls into three catagories: Preorders to be picked up at the Con, First come First Serve, and for the general population. Which I think is probably as fair as it can get. 

Beth L said:

sshaoshao said:

In the years I've been ordering SDCC stuff, limits have been 6 on the day of the online sale.

Is it 6 per household or 6 per account?

Alicia V said:

In the years I've been ordering SDCC stuff, limits have been 6 on the day of the online sale.

The guy in the pic is a scalper! I understand about SDCC exclusive, but fans wouldnt travel all the way to San Diego to get a two pack dolls, they should sell to the public!!!!!

Nascarfan asked me to announce a contest from 6pm to midnight tonight. Here are the details I was given:

If you want to play in a contest...julia baum is posting facebook status on monster high doll shipping. Also look for robin fleming.

You must guess the country state or province the first to dolls went to

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service