Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

HEY MATTEL- Can the FANS get a chance to BUY SCARAH, TOO? SDCC sighting RANT

I don't complain much....but this is RIDICULOUS....

Mattel- Are you driving up your bottom line by making the dolls scarce and allowing DEALERS privileged buying at the COMIC CON? Do you honestly think that this is BENEFICIAL to YOU?

Mattel is allowing dealers at the convention to buy Scarah before the "average joe"....that's right, THE OTHER DEALERS and their family members have privilege to buy before the public and are causing the sell outs of the (piddly 100 dolls per day) allotment of dolls. It was bad enough that people with fake and photocopied badges were allowed to buy dolls, but how do you honestly expect middle class collectors (and poor kids) to buy your DOLLS? It is marketing and advantage tactics like this that make me want to sell my entire collection and say "MONSTER BYE". 

WE AS FANS have hired an ACTUAL COLLECTOR to spend his time and money (almost $2000) to go to the Convention to help us get these dolls at a price FAR lower than Ebay. AND WE AS FANS are getting SCREWED! (pardon my french) because he has no access to the dolls.

PROOF you want?

Here's the beginning....and I will continue to upload as I get them:

Dealer #1:  (you will note that he has more than the 6 doll allotment)

and he actually COMPLAINED that he was shorted 2 dolls.....hmmmmm

Views: 5650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well lol... this isn't boding well at all for those of us who pre-ordered dolls from someone specific. Yikes. Just terrible. Such bad management from such a large company... they had to know it was going to be insane. I hate the scalping situation with these silly dolls, but coming from a history with vintage toys and only being able to buy from eBay I'm just used to having to have patience. Still though, I dropped more than I ever have on a doll to get this damn exclusive and now I'm honestly very disappointed that this seemingly sure thing isn't going to happen.

I feared this would happen. Thank god I kept my personal day request in for the 23rd. Now just to fight the masses. SIGH.

I totally agree!! my family went( i stayed at home :o(  )and the got up super early waited outside they were one of the first ones in on fri and all the dealers had already bought everything!!  THAT IS WRONG!!!! it is totally unfair to allow them to do this and leave nothing for the kids or collectors.  Even with the "special" dolls for only specific store it is getting old TRU & Target NEVER EVER has the werecats or werewolves sister packs all the employees scoop them up first or do not put them out.  you need to start making it easier for the "average joe" to get these dolls!!!! well said Jill!!!!

sorry ladyNisa but on this you are mistaken on this one...My Family went woke up at 4am ( on more then one day)got in line and all the vendors had bought before the doors even opened! Mattel is WRONG for doing this!!

LadyNisa said:

...so you hired someone to go to the con for you? And you're complaining about other people doing the exact same thing?

And yes, it was 1,000 dolls a day, not 100. If you were in line early, you did get a chance to get them, but if you didn't show up until right before it opened, then no, you didn't.

I think I just lost some respect for Mattel, they are aware of the scalper problem yet they allow vendors (scalper ones) to buy dolls? Also allowing 6 dolls per person, they should know that the vendors most likely has friends who are in the line aswell who help them get more dolls. Its pretty stupid to know that Mattel doesn't really care for their fans, only money. What happened within the last few years where they actually cared that fans were able to come to comic con and buy the exclusive dolls plus for other collectors now it seems you can't do that now unless you're lucky. Also after looking at the pics there weren't many new reveals at this comic con compared to the other years which is pretty disappointing.  Mattel are going to end up losing alot of fans if they keep this up.

Indeed. If that doesn't get them in the end, the mass release of new dolls in a short period of time will. :(

This Scarah situation has me upset at Mattel. They should have known better. It just bothers me that they'd say on the facebook page " Get Scarah and HooDude, ONLY at ComicCon, fans!", but not really give the fans a fair shot of them.

Sarah Quilter said:

I am pretty sure after this Mattel are going to loose alot of fans and they only ones they will eventually have left are scalpers. They are for sure going to drive this doll line into the ground sooner or later if they carry on this sort of thing plus if they continue with the limited supply and exclusives. 

The limit number can go either way on this. Its very difficult to decide what the perfect "quantity" is to sell.  Can you imagine how expensive the dolls would be if everyone was only allowed to buy two and the stock was limited? It would definitely make it more difficult for people who live no where near SDCC to obtain the doll.  Also, as a company, Mattel probably did not want to overstock on an event exclusive doll and they become worthless.  I understand its disappointing working your tail off to get a doll thats exclusive to one area.  But you also have to keep in mind these were exclusive to draw people in.  Which is just what they did.  

One thing I do agree with you guys about though, is that it is not fair vendors got first dibs and was able to jump into the front of the line.  That does ruin the reason people go and will eventually turn people away from purchasing exclusives. If you guys did miss out though, the tumblr they run is giving five away.  The monster high twitter gave away their 13 already.  So I do wish you guys the best of luck if you do try for them in the contest.

The EXCLUSIVE limits was 6 per person. It was on the form you filled out to make your purchases. Because I couldn't get SCARAH I picked up the Cars 2 mater.

Lily Raccoon said:

The limit last year was 4, so i think they are actually HELPING the scalpers by raising the limit to 6.  Mattel makes no profit whatsoever on Ebay sales, so i dont know why they did this....

Alicia V said:

Maybe if Mattel gets enough emails from their customers, about changing the limit amount for next year, things may be different?

I agree vendors shouldn't be allowed to get first dibs and allow collectors who want the dolls for their collection to get a chance. I am sure there were lots of collectors there who were trying to get a doll for themselves and for others who couldn't go but most didn't get a doll. I thought the reason for having that line was to buy FROM them not then having to go to people who are re-selling them for a higher price. 

Corey Maness said:

One thing I do agree with you guys about though, is that it is not fair vendors got first dibs and was able to jump into the front of the line.  That does ruin the reason people go and will eventually turn people away from purchasing exclusives. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCx92DubpnE&feature=youtube_gdat...

Link to a video by Mattycollector

Tells you a bit about getting stuff at sdcc.

Preview night is limited to atendees buying only.

Also its 6 per person per line wait
I thought facebook was going to do a give away too

Corey Maness said:

The limit number can go either way on this. Its very difficult to decide what the perfect "quantity" is to sell.  Can you imagine how expensive the dolls would be if everyone was only allowed to buy two and the stock was limited? It would definitely make it more difficult for people who live no where near SDCC to obtain the doll.  Also, as a company, Mattel probably did not want to overstock on an event exclusive doll and they become worthless.  I understand its disappointing working your tail off to get a doll thats exclusive to one area.  But you also have to keep in mind these were exclusive to draw people in.  Which is just what they did.  

One thing I do agree with you guys about though, is that it is not fair vendors got first dibs and was able to jump into the front of the line.  That does ruin the reason people go and will eventually turn people away from purchasing exclusives. If you guys did miss out though, the tumblr they run is giving five away.  The monster high twitter gave away their 13 already.  So I do wish you guys the best of luck if you do try for them in the contest.

This is not fair to those of us that don't live anywhere near San Diego!

My friend has gone every morning first thing to get me a doll... and every time it was sold out.

Whoever it was talking smack about people complaining who asked friends to get them a doll... stop it. Some of us just can't make it this year and not everyone can afford to go. That means we don't have any right to complain?? When you see people with freakin' CRATES of the dolls for sale on Ebay... that is sure as hell something to complain about.  Last year it was no problem getting dolls at SDCC... but over the last year the popularity of this line as quadrupled... as has the BS scalping. This is an asinine situation that Mattel should have prevented. They KNOW this crap goes on... and do NOTHING. 

Mattel has been a major fail to Monster High collectors and more importantly... people buying them for their kids. They need to straighten this crap out.... they need to sell the damn dolls direct on their website so we can get them at a fair retail and not have to deal with scalpers AT ALL. PERIOD.

Once I get Robecca I'm done with this line and Mattel in general... this is just ridiculous.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service