Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Someone probably already posted a topic like this but I'm going to again. A lot of my MH dolls have had that nasty glue seepage problem. My most recent doll I got in the mail from a friend. Her head is covered. Worst I have seen, I tried everything to get it out. Her whole head is sticky and when I brush it the hair falls out in clumps. Does anyone know the best way to get rid of the seepage? Besides tea tree oil? I can't really afford to buy that. Thanks so much.

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might want to try baby powder. While some take off the head and fill it with powder, for the beginning I would just coat the hair with a generous amount, comb it in, sprinkle more, let sit (e.g. over night). Then, either brush it out, this might work, but I found that it left the hair dull and grey on my Nefera, so she got a hair wash with dish liquid, afterward with fabric softener, and then I dunked the hair briefly into boiled hot water (not too long, though, or the head might soften).

Thank you! I tried the baby powder method and it worked wonders! You are right it makes the hair very dull though.

Samseramsamsam said:

You might want to try baby powder. While some take off the head and fill it with powder, for the beginning I would just coat the hair with a generous amount, comb it in, sprinkle more, let sit (e.g. over night). Then, either brush it out, this might work, but I found that it left the hair dull and grey on my Nefera, so she got a hair wash with dish liquid, afterward with fabric softener, and then I dunked the hair briefly into boiled hot water (not too long, though, or the head might soften).

Hello,

A few months ago, I tried the following method (The Baking Powder Method):

You'll need hot water, baking powder, a plastic spoon, and maybe some gloves (If you don't want to touch that glue with your hands). 

Soften the doll's head / neck with super warm / hot water, and remove the doll's head. Wet down the hair, and work the baking powder into the hair, and into the scalp. You may also spoon the powder into the doll's head, so that you can leave it in for awhile. Try to wipe the face clean of all powder, and store the doll's head, in an upside-down position, in an open plastic baggie, so that everything will dry out.

I've left a ton of Monster High doll heads in that exact position since about late March, and, pretty soon, I'm going to open those baggies, so that I can see if the Baking Powder Method really works super well.

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

please let us know the results! I havent heard of using Baking Powder yet, Id like to see if it works. Ive tried so far:

alcohol-doesnt work

dish detergent(Dawn)- works only for very tiny amount of glue, doesnt work for huge leakage or hair that is completely gluey/greasy

baby powder- works but leaves the hair dull colored

Goo Gone- works the best so far but it depends on how bad the glue on the dolls head is, may need several applications and you have to be very careful with the face not to get the Go Gone on it...

good luck!

Hello,

Okay, so here's what happened. I finally decided to take a look at my handiwork....after about two and a half or three months! 

It seems that I'm not quite out of the woods yet, because, even though the hair feels sooo much better, there are still so many stuck gobs of melted glue inside of the heads! I need to buy a pair of tweezers, and then, I need to pray to the doll gods that I don't accidentally pull all of that lovely hair out by accident!  LOL!

As for the process of getting all of that baking powder out of my dolls' heads and hair, it's taking much longer than I originally figured that it would take. I had to tip the heads right-side-up, squeezing them and shaking the powder out, and shaking it out again, and shaking it out again, and then brushing tiny remnants of glue out, and using un-folded paperclips to scrape the insides of the heads, etc. Wow! 

We need to march into the Mattel factory, start doing what I just described, and then demand to be paid to do so, because we're doing this for free!

I may have to apply some more baby powder later, or whatever, but I'll let you all know what happens during the future, with regards to the glue situation.

These days, I feel as though almost every MH doll that I have should be treated! What a depressing outlook for me, but such is the life of any good Monster High enthusiast....or so they say....LOL!

<Disappears into a shadow>

Goodbye,

The Whispering Wolf

Hi,

This glue is so depressing. I'm so disgusted I even think of getting rid of my leaking dolls unless I'm attached to them or they are very spectacular! Never if it is Ghoulia or Spectra, of course! I've been lucky with Ghoulia so far but until when?

I have recently bought 2 second hand ever after High dolls. They are in great condition except for the worst glue seepage I have ever seen. I've seen the seepage when I bought them but it seems impossible to get rid of the bloody glue. They were bought in 2 different countries so you can't even think it comes from the climate (!!). One was bought in a charity shop in the UK and the other from a carboot sale in France. I am not familiar with EAH dolls, I had only 3 before and they are still boxed (better check them, oh dear!) I have never unboxed them as I had housing problems at the time. I am horrified with the leaking. I have never had so bad glue seepage with any of my MH dolls. It is absolutely terrible. I tried tea tree for the first time but it does not seem to work.

I think talcum powder is so far the best thing I have used. I know it makes the hair dull but I prefer this to any disgusting greasy sticky hideous sign of the bloody glue.

Just the idea of it inside my dolls disgust me even if they have no sign of glue seepage. I love the dolls with soft glue free heads. It is a delight to squeeze them!! One of the reason why I love the old budget dolls. No bloody glue! And signature Spectra is glue free, thank you Mattel for saving me the pain of seeing her gorgeous purple hair being destroyed.

It probably saves Mattel money to fill the heads of our poor dolls with that crap. It goes well with the rest of their company policies.

Good luck with your experiments. It seems to be a lot of hard work! And let us know what results you will have.

thanks for the results. Id like to try the baking powder on some of my Fashionistas.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service