Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Source: Chellie A. via Facebook

So, as we suspected, Clawdeen's bubblegum gimmick is achieved with a hole in the lips... not very attractive on its own. I'm also not feeling the bubblegum pink lipstick on Toralei. What are your thoughts?

Views: 906

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think from a distance the lipstick on Toralei might be better, but this has a whole ton of camera flash on her so maybe it just looks off because of that. As for the bubblegum... I'm definitely gonna keep it in. The hole in the mouth is just too obvious.

I was convinced until I saw these pics that Spectra was my favorite, then Clawdeen, then Toralei. Now I'm thinking that Toralei is adorable. I'm looking forward to seeing these in real life so I can finally make up my mind!

I'm still looking forward to Toralei the most, Clawdeen just isnt that great with the giant hole in her face but the baseball cap is a must have for me. Its so cute, I just wish the rest of her was. Even her outfit pales in comparison to the other 2 with all of the loose threads hanging off it and the top has velcro in the front rather than the back which doesnt look good to me.

I kinda like Toralei with solid bangs like this, but I agree, the lippy washes her out a bit. A slightly darker shade would have been a little more striking.

Overall, this whole line do little for me. Their outfits are too specific and I always disliked sport hahaha. The bubblegum leaves an ugly hole that makes her look like a drink and pee baby doll and yellow on Spectra? No thanks.

Do like Spectra's curls though.

I thought Spectra's color was more lime green than yellow. Probably doesn't help to have a bright green shag carpet right behind her, eh? I think she's the best looking one out of the tree. The outfit is cute, the case for the tennis racket is neat, her visor is cute as well.

I couldn't think of the right way to say the lipstick effect on Toralei but yeah, you're right. Clawdeen is a drink & wet doll... hah! Don't give the wrong customizers any ideas!

purple_monkfish said:

I kinda like Toralei with solid bangs like this, but I agree, the lippy washes her out a bit. A slightly darker shade would have been a little more striking.

Overall, this whole line do little for me. Their outfits are too specific and I always disliked sport hahaha. The bubblegum leaves an ugly hole that makes her look like a drink and pee baby doll and yellow on Spectra? No thanks.

Do like Spectra's curls though.

I have mixed emotions of these characters "trying" new colors. Besides Toralei.

I like toralei the others don't really appeal to me.

It's a pass from me. Am I alone in thinking that some of the full-pice dolls these days actually look cheaper and less detailed than the budget ones did a couple years ago? I started collecting around this time in 2012, and I personally think the Skull Shores Lagoona I bought then had more detail in in her outfit and accessories than any of these three, plus she came with a card, drink, brush and stand - for £10.99. The current Scaremester dolls are way less intricate than the equivalent originals and School's Out too, and are more expensive.

Going off topic slightly I know, but I personally would rather see fewer lines with more work put into each one. Ghoul Sports, and quite a few of the other 2013/2014 lines, feel rather thrown together to me (although I readily admit there are still lots of winners in there, for instance Sweet Screams and all the I Heart Fashions, wow!)

Spectra definitely looks the best out of the three, she just looks too good and works the lime green/ yellow perfectly! Even the eyeshadow works great for her. 

Clawdeen's outfit is a liiiittle weird, it sits on her weirdly IMO. The bubblegum looks cool though, it's a pretty neat gimmick (although I constantly think, completely irrationally, "You'll swallow it while running around, Deena!" XD)

Toralei... well, you all know my feelings about her. Short version: sorry, 100% dislike her, but that's just me.

Ah Toralei, you're just too cute for your own good.  I had considered Clawdeen as well, but now I'm iffy.  Though she and Spectra will probably be the only ones I get to see.  I have still yet to see Coffin Bean Toralei or Cat Tastrophe in person.

I really like Spectra I think she could be my favourite of the line but I can't decide that until I get them, it looks like we are treated to another silky shiny haired spectra like 13 wishes & G.N.O I'm very glad about that as it looks really nice and is a lot easy to deal.

I like Toralei's outfit the shin pads are very interesting I like the look of them.

I love Clawdeen's outfit  I love the glove and the hate, the gum hole is very interesting I do hope it stays in properly and doesn't keep falling out and going missing it is kind of fun though, I really love the bone bat very clever.

I think I might buy all 3 of these in this line it's a very fun line I'm not in to sports at all I never was but for some reason it just seems really fun. 

I love Spectra even more now :-)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service