Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I had to store my dolls all together in a box for a while as I had no where to put them, now i'd taken them out and a few of them have really messed up hair and fringes. Its mostly their hair sprayed/gelled fringes as I was able to brush most of the kinks out of the others. Anyone know how I can fix this? :(

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With the fringes, dampen the hair and run a comb through, then let it reset. Youdon't want to wash ALL the gel out as that's what keeps the fringe in shape (Washing it out often leads to wierd fluffy fringes) but you want to wet it up enough for the gel to go sticky and pliable. I usually use warm/hot (not boiling) water to kinda melt it a bit, use a comb to restyle or just my fingers (finger curling works but you get sticky hands ew) and  then you leave it to set again.

My first Operetta I had to spend hours redoing her rolls due to box crushing, it was very um.. sticky and unpleasant.

Thank you very much for your response! I will definitely try that. 

purple_monkfish said:

With the fringes, dampen the hair and run a comb through, then let it reset. Youdon't want to wash ALL the gel out as that's what keeps the fringe in shape (Washing it out often leads to wierd fluffy fringes) but you want to wet it up enough for the gel to go sticky and pliable. I usually use warm/hot (not boiling) water to kinda melt it a bit, use a comb to restyle or just my fingers (finger curling works but you get sticky hands ew) and  then you leave it to set again.

My first Operetta I had to spend hours redoing her rolls due to box crushing, it was very um.. sticky and unpleasant.

Good luck, hope they come out looking fab again! I remember how angry I was when my original Operetta arrived, her box was crushed and she'd been shoved into her box with no regard by the factory (she was tacked in, just in a manner that crushed her face against the box).

Her hair was wrecked, took hours to sort.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service