Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I'm new to this site and do not know if a post like this one exists but I would like to ask any members who have been to SDCC in previous years and were able to purchase the MH exclusive how they did it. I am going this year, but I'm not sure if it will be easy or it's guaranteed I can get my hands on Wydowna. Does she sell out fast? How long did you wait in line? Do I need to be at the con on the first day, which would be July 18th right? I just want to maximize my chances of getting her, since I'm pretty much looking forward the trip just for her. Thank you!

Views: 7555

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

$4.25 for a single corn dog!?!?

I hate to ask, but who is Kevin? How did people tell him they wanted a doll? I'm lost. D;

Yes it did! Thank you! For next year though, how do you get included in his list?

Jill Spectrafan said:

I am Kevin's secretary during SDCC..

Kevin is a Cars collector (he has a website boydcoddingtonrccars.com) who started going to SDCC because he & his wife wanted someone to get them a certain item several years ago and no one would. They are members of Takefiveforlife.com (I think that's the name of it) and offered to go to the SDCC so everyone could get the same collectable Cars thing. Everyone from the group helped pay their expenses, which made it cheaper than Ebay. Since then, he has become a member of Mattycollector and then he heard of Monster High.

Last year, Kevin came to this board and offered to help us get the dolls. His price was so low compared to Ebay that I gave him, basically, an interrogation (which he was really good about). It was more than 45 days before the SDCC and I wanted to be sure I wasn't losing my money. He provided an unbelievable amount of proof and I ended up agreeing to help him. People found out about him through other people and he has a list of us that he buys for. The mark-up depends on what items he is selling and how many buyers he has (plus a bit for his time), divided by his expenses.

I tried to give the short version...did that help?

epicwin124 said:

I hate to ask, but who is Kevin? How did people tell him they wanted a doll? I'm lost. D;

I think only people on this years list can get on next years. OR you need to have a good referal to him from someone on the list.

epicwin124 said:

Yes it did! Thank you! For next year though, how do you get included in his list?

Jill Spectrafan said:

I am Kevin's secretary during SDCC..

Kevin is a Cars collector (he has a website boydcoddingtonrccars.com) who started going to SDCC because he & his wife wanted someone to get them a certain item several years ago and no one would. They are members of Takefiveforlife.com (I think that's the name of it) and offered to go to the SDCC so everyone could get the same collectable Cars thing. Everyone from the group helped pay their expenses, which made it cheaper than Ebay. Since then, he has become a member of Mattycollector and then he heard of Monster High.

Last year, Kevin came to this board and offered to help us get the dolls. His price was so low compared to Ebay that I gave him, basically, an interrogation (which he was really good about). It was more than 45 days before the SDCC and I wanted to be sure I wasn't losing my money. He provided an unbelievable amount of proof and I ended up agreeing to help him. People found out about him through other people and he has a list of us that he buys for. The mark-up depends on what items he is selling and how many buyers he has (plus a bit for his time), divided by his expenses.

I tried to give the short version...did that help?

epicwin124 said:

The list is currently CLOSED, however, spots do open up. We have had people back out as late as this week.

epicwin124 said:

Mattel just changed the maximum purchase to 2 per person.  (Of course, this doesn't help if they still open at 9am, but don't let the public in until 9:30am)

Anyone need/want any last minute items? Speak now or forever have to find it somewhere else...

Here's what available that I am aware of:

ONE set of Transformers 

Hello Kitty Ugly Dolls

Hello Kitty is now SOLD OUT

How much is Webarella retailing for at SDCC?

Anyone have a Weberella they want to sell?

To Kevin and his wonderful staff, I received my Webarella today. We can't thank you enough for all your help. You made the impossible, possible. You have a customer for life. She's in perfect condition and came with the comic as well. What more could you ask for. Looking forward to next year. Thank you all so much. :)

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service