Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

::::::::Updates::::::::

Sally is 100% complete.

::::::Original Post::::::::
I recently purchased both a Create-A-Monster Color Me Creepy Starter Pack (the blue one [based on the Laguna doll?]) and a Skelita Art Class doll, with the intent to fully convert these dolls into both, Jack Skellington and Sally the Ragdoll from The Nightmare Before Christmas. These dolls are to be presents for my 3 year old Niece. She loves TNBC (thanks to me) and has a love for Dolls. I'd like to have Sally done by her birthday (june) and Jack by Christmas. If not sooner.

I wanted to use these forums to get feedback and tips, and perhaps help anyone else interested in such an endeavor.

I've looked up tutorials on removing hair, makeup, Et Cetera. So I'm really just here for any tips on what may go wrong.

I have already removed the hair and makeup from Skelita and have plans on using sculpty, or simular clay to build up Jack's features upon her face, and to build up her ribcage to hide her breasts.

As for the Color Me Creepy to Sally, I have not received that from Mattel as of yet, but I plan on also removing the makeup on her face adding a long, dyed wig (the one I have is Blonde) and making the clothing for both her and Jack.

Below (or attached, depends) are photos of my progress. I plan on coming back to this thread frequently to answer questions, or to ask my own, as well as post more updates on the project.

Any and all feedback is welcome and wanted lol.

Such as, what would be the best way to remove the feminine curves of Skelita? I can hide most of them with the suit I will be making for Jack, but if there is a way to heat the plastic, so I can take some of the curves out (and flatten the feet) I'd love to know how!

Thank you everyone.

The Color Me Creepy I have coming to me. Is there a way to stop the color change? I saw a thread about it, but I'd like to be sure it worked before I try it. Remove the Color Change Feature Thread

Yes I tried to shave her head lol. I later learned of the Boiled water technique and pulled her hair out that way.
{Screams Internally} Poor girl lost her face....

Sorry for Page stretching, was working on the project as I waited for my account to be authorized. Won't happen again.

Views: 4560

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She looks good and very sweet! I am sure she's gonna love them!

Ok everyone, here is the final post from me on this thread.
Any questions I'll be more than happy to answer.

Bless her! So sweet!! And that wrapping paper is gorgeous!! I'm so glad she likes her, it makes it all your hard work worthwhile :)

That wrapping paper was a pain to make!
I couldn't find white paper, so I used the reverse of some cheap silver paper. Then after wrapping, drew the lines on. Trying to make a cohesive design on a box that shape is not easy lol.

She's still a little young to fully appreciate the doll, but she did like it. It makes me excited to make Jack. :)

PlagueRat said:

Bless her! So sweet!! And that wrapping paper is gorgeous!! I'm so glad she likes her, it makes it all your hard work worthwhile :)

Ah how precious!

I'll bet! I have thought of making my own NBC wrapping paper, I think I'd get about 2 done then give up lol. You should make more...definitely ;)

SpikeStarkey said:

That wrapping paper was a pain to make!
I couldn't find white paper, so I used the reverse of some cheap silver paper. Then after wrapping, drew the lines on. Trying to make a cohesive design on a box that shape is not easy lol.

She's still a little young to fully appreciate the doll, but she did like it. It makes me excited to make Jack. :)

PlagueRat said:

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service