Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

As you may or may not have noticed, the Monster High Fearbook is back up again on their website. On the main page, there's a "Cast your vote" ballot box, and to my surprise, there was a "Should Clawd and Draculaura hook up?" question. I nearly had a heart attack-- 25% said no, 75% said yes. I don't know about you, but I'm logging on every day to vote "no". I encourage those who are pro HUla/JUla to do the same, or at least those who think the ClawdXLala pairing was a poor choice. 

While it's true ClawdxLala are techincally official with the release of the two-pack, I say we make Mattel eat their stupid ideas! viva la revolucion!

And hey, if you like the pairing, good on ya. Be content in the fact that your pairing is real. But maybe do the rest of us a favor and don't vote. Let us have this one last victory.

Views: 199

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I have voted at least 5 times! I also saw it be 34% no ClawdxLala so it was better before. I think the idea was poor choice.
what the hell. while you guys are at it break up cleo and deuce. *rolls eyes*
I actually didn't like the pairing that much until I read a short story called the Vampire and the Werewolf. The main characters reminded me so much of Clawd and Lala's personalities that I ended up understanding and liking the vampire and werewolf pairing. I think if they do it right, it will be fantastic. If they don't do it well then it will be a bust.
I actually wonder if this is them gauging on whether to make them official. It seems like Clawd is unaware of Draculaura's feelings and just sees her as a friend. His bio seems to be somewhat ignorant of Ula-D's love as he can't play favorites in his BFF listing. I have no idea what his journal says, so until I read it, I'm going with one-sided. Mattel might be using this poll as a way to see if they should go that route, me thinks.
I'm kind of 50-50 on the pairing right now. I'll have to see the next few webisodes to decide if I support them or not.
Break up the pairing
HATERS GONNA HATE!!!

LKC said:
what the hell. while you guys are at it break up cleo and deuce. *rolls eyes*

Yeah, Deuce and Cleo are beyond help, my friend. the man just gotta have his egyptian princess.

I don't think they're using the poll to check whether they should be a pairing or not. They are already promoting the pair, so it's a little unfair in that respect. I just want to use the poll to rub it in their faces. I mean, they really don't listen to fans, just what's going to be popular amongst their target audience, which is prepubescents who read Stephenie Meyer. Frustrating but understandable.

Not to mention, was ANYONE out there a fan of Clawd and Draculaura BEFORE they started their little webisode romance thing? The answer would be ah-NO. That's because anyone with half a brain found that pairing to be annoyingly cliche, because we've had enough of the werewolf/vampire romance sap. and, oh yeah, DRACULAURA WAS WITH JACKSON. (or Heath?) but God forbid we do something original!

Now my two favorite characters have been completely ruined. So far in the webisodes, Lala, is chasing after anything that moves, and the coolest potential male character out there has been stereotyped beyond recognition. /rage

I love the dolls, I do. but seriously, the storyline that originally made them extra charming has become something frustrating. My reaction might be a little over the top, but I couldn't give a bat's ass. I fight about what's important to me.

Because, y'know, having multiple boyfriends in High School makes you a Whore.

I don't think it's that much of a big deal. I just ignore the whole thing and wait for Jackson to arrive. (He's got his image in the Fearbook. He's coming.0

Also, I think it will have a greater effect to just.... not buy a certain Double Pack. I mean, polls can be ignored. Something that just won't sell? Harder to ignore.

Seriously, Draculaura is a whore for just liking multiple guys? She's not dating them all at once. We don't know what happened between her and Jackson so let's hold off there for now. With Heath, she learned how much of a jerkwad he was and moved on to a much nicer guy. She may be 1, 599 years old, but is still very much a teenager and has fleeting romances like one.

I really hope this ship doesn't turn into something like Zutara vs. Kataang here. Or at least that in its extremes. If you don't want Clawd and Draculaura to be a couple that's just too bad, it's happening. I know that many of you whine about this new change in the story and shipping, but you will buy the double pack in the end.

Geez, way to make your 'Side' look fair and balanced. You know how rare it is to have ONE guy in your entire High School life? Multiple boys =/= whore. In fact, I think this line of thinking is horribly sexist.

I don't care for shipping. The reason I was miffed because of the Clawd/Draculaura pairing was that it took away the opportunity for Jackson to get some more 'Screentime' so to speak. With him in the fearbook, that seems to become less of an issue. For the rest, I just don't care. In fact, I'd appreciate a single Jackson.
So, just like with Spectra, I'm going to ask:
Lovers, please let the haters hate.
Haters, please let the lovers love.

And if you're REALLY miffed, I'd repeat:

Boycott works better then not voting on a silly poll.

Man, I didn't know we could vote more than once! Great! I hate the pairing so much, and even more so since they've decided to make poor 'laura such a.......creep! I can't get over that scrap book thing. I mean, I could care less about the fact they couldn't keep their pairings straight, I use what I want too for my story, but this latest idea is just annoying.....Mostly cause i feel like it's being forced on me.....And my favorite, Clawdeen, is getting hate for not supporting ClawdLa! While I may not agree with her actions regarding it, I understand why she's upset, though I may be looking deeper than it really is....^^; Anyways, I'm gonna go vote again.

Made this a little while ago, watch if you want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVtN1OEIlY&feature=channel_vide...
Jack Herby said:

Yeah, Deuce and Cleo are beyond help, my friend. the man just gotta have his egyptian princess.

I don't think they're using the poll to check whether they should be a pairing or not. They are already promoting the pair, so it's a little unfair in that respect. I just want to use the poll to rub it in their faces. I mean, they really don't listen to fans, just what's going to be popular amongst their target audience, which is prepubescents who read Stephenie Meyer. Frustrating but understandable.

Not to mention, was ANYONE out there a fan of Clawd and Draculaura BEFORE they started their little webisode romance thing? The answer would be ah-NO. That's because anyone with half a brain found that pairing to be annoyingly cliche, because we've had enough of the werewolf/vampire romance sap. and, oh yeah, DRACULAURA WAS WITH JACKSON. (or Heath?) but God forbid we do something original!

Now my two favorite characters have been completely ruined. So far in the webisodes, Lala, is chasing after anything that moves, and the coolest potential male character out there has been stereotyped beyond recognition. /rage

I love the dolls, I do. but seriously, the storyline that originally made them extra charming has become something frustrating. My reaction might be a little over the top, but I couldn't give a bat's ass. I fight about what's important to me.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service