Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hi guys

I know everyone's all hyped up about Toy Fair at the moment, but it doesn't look like anyone has reported this yet - on Tumblr, I just saw a photo of someone with the supposed I Love Fashion (although it's not labelled as such) Venus in hand, apparently found in Mexico. Venus isn't one of my personal favourites, but this doll is pretty epic! You can find her by scrolling down Tumblr for Monster High with the Recent Posts filter set, or with the tag "venus mclytrap" (yes, missing the "f" - the tag is misspelled). And in case you're wondering, yes, she does come with that dress that has previously been posted on here, that people thought might be a DDG dress;)

Views: 2897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoa, she looks great! Very impressive. Only her makeup is a little boring, but everything else makes up for it. She's awesome.

Since when was punk associated with angst? Isn't it more "screw the norm!" etc etc? Like.. rebellion and revolution and such?

Oh btw:  http://linksdahora.com/modules/imagery/uploads/punk-pink-300.jpg

Lol, awesome.

Anyway, as for this Venus, I do like her. The black is a little odd for a plant girl, makes me think of blight. Black on a plant is usually a very bad thing. It's all death and decay and disease. Something perhaps more appropriate for a zombified Venus. I like the black in her hair though, it works and i'm sure with a rinse and some poofing out, her hair will look cool. I like that it's so different to her usual style which honestly, has been waaaay overused. I like shorter hair on dolls and the bangs this time look decent rather than the "child hacked her hair" bangs of GS. It's also fun to see something done with her flock, patterns yay. It's the one thing I loved about music festival Venus' hair, the pattern in her flock.

But the black vines yeah, not sure what that's about. A very dark green or even brown would perhaps have been less worrisome (I would love to see an autumnal shade Venus lol) but hey, she still looks good to my eye.

I'm not convinced she suits the dress she comes with though. Maybe on a different venus. But I do very much like the outfit she comes dressed in and the other one has some very useful pieces.

I'm a londoner, i'm well aware of what punk looks like thank you very much.

There are even pictures of Avril Lavigne on that Google search, I don't think it can be taken it very seriously...

It cannot be taken seriously at all since it even shows pictures of... Miley Cyrus!  I mean, come'on, seriously? She's as punk as Dolly Parton is goth!!

As for this Venus, it's one of her best versions so far. Stunningly beautiful. I LOOOOOVE the black vines. It's a really nice and bold change.

Wait, Dolly Parton isn't goth?! XD

Ghosteros said:

It cannot be taken seriously at all since it even shows pictures of... Miley Cyrus!  I mean, come'on, seriously? She's as punk as Dolly Parton is goth!!

As for this Venus, it's one of her best versions so far. Stunningly beautiful. I LOOOOOVE the black vines. It's a really nice and bold change.

Haha...I thought the same thing when I saw Miley Cyrus!!! I said exactly that....seriously?? :))))

I've been thinking something similar, P_M. Well, wondering if all the pieces ideally suit all the characteristics of the doll, or if some might be more ideal for other Venuses, that is. We may not have the same reasons in mind.

This Venus and the Zombie Werecat Twins are just the top of my list for the coming season, because this doll is so pretty and her stuff looks so fun to play with and combine with Venus' other existing outfits. I *really, really* like all these items, other than maybe the hot pink recolor of the Music Festival booties, and then only because the solid hot pink plastic doesn't look convincingly like a shoe to me; previous recolored booties have always seemed to have some paint details to help sell the look. (I have no fundamental beef with shoe recolors; sometimes I like to have the same shoe in more than one color).

But it's interesting that this doll's hair and a few of the clothing items are done in very classic Venus shades of hot pink and green, while her face up and some of the other new garments have pulled toward a more restrained, cooler, darker black, white, raspberry, wine, and bottle green color palette. I like both color profiles - her face up and the tunic she comes in, especially - and they don't clash with each other, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like if her hair, which is a notable accomplishment in and of itself, were also moving more in that cooler, darker direction. Black and wine and raspberry and bottle green hair on a Venus? I would *love* that variation! It makes me tempted to stalk this doll and see if one day I might possibly get a really, really cheap one to reroot. That way I'd have one version with the checkerboard hair and bob (hopefully) intact, and a second version to really celebrate those cooler, darker colors in her face up and some of the clothes.

But, then, as for the dress, which probably straddles the line between the two color ways, maybe it feels off for the doll, because of the interaction of the neckline and her unique length of hair? LOL, I guess that wouldn't be even a little bit the same reason.

purple_monkfish said:

I'm not convinced she suits the dress she comes with though. Maybe on a different venus. But I do very much like the outfit she comes dressed in and the other one has some very useful pieces.

Can't people simply talk about the doll herself, instead of her style? Punk, rock, alternative, disco or whatever! Let's talk about the doll.

Here, Here! Fashion evolves past the stereotypes that 'define' the style on a regular basis. This doll is sooo beautiful, as well as the clothing & I would definately buy her for myself.

Ghosteros said:

Can't people simply talk about the doll herself, instead of her style? Punk, rock, alternative, disco or whatever! Let's talk about the doll.

I looked on eBay... Its on there, so is Zombie Dance 2 pks, son of unicorn, freaky fusion IN BOX, and others. Those were on the first page for Monster High!!

I read information and reviews everywhere and I can not find the truth. Cleo and Venus were found in Canada, Mexico or Chile?

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service