Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Ever After High True Hearts Day Nickelodeon Special (spoilers)

The special had all three parts of True Hearts Day.

SPOILERS WARNING!

I really liked the glimpse of the other girls Getting Fairest (Ashlynn, Cedar, Cerise, Kitty)

New character, Melody Piper (Daughter of the pied piper) was revealed. Unfortunately, she is so plain jane. Even other backgrounders (like Bo Peep) have much more interesting design.

Love Triangle between Cupid x Dexter x Raven is still in full unresolved. Raven backed out because she saw Dexter and Cupid talking together, and Dexter backs out again because Lizzie takes away his chocolate hearts (Cupid gave everyone chocolate hearts to give to their true hearts, and he tried to give it to Raven but Lizzie swipes them, MAYBE she secretly likes Dexter too lol). Which was funny to me since it was also Lizzie who chopped up his bouquet to Raven in part 1.

Ashlynn ended up giving her chocolate heart to Hunter, and declared that she would rather be a Rebel than a Royal if she could not be with Hunter as a royal. Apple gave her chocolate heart to Ashlynn because they're friends forever after, and that although she is worried for Ashlynn and Hunter's story, she will accept it cause she's their friend. So is she officially a Rebel now or is she still a Royal because Apple accepts Ashlynn/Hunter's relationship?

What I really didn't like was that Sparrow was mad at Duchess, I really wanted those two to hit it off, but they weren't invited to the True Hearts Dance. Duchess tried to figure out where it was and took Headmaster Grimm with her to get everyone in trouble, but was lead astray to Sparrow's and his Merry Men band rehearsal instead.

I really, really, REALLY want a Duchess doll, she is absolutely my favorite female ever after high character.

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I loved the parts with Lizzie they were so funny!
I loved how she took everyone's hearts and said "all mine!" but I'd like for her to get some character development though.I wouldn't want for her to just walk into a scene and "off with this!off with that!" Hopefully when she gets her doll we'll get some character development there.
Although I kinda expected to see the O'Hair twins in part 3..but I was satisfied with seeing Melody even though she is a bit blank..

This may not be true but I don't think it was only this story cause I suspected Melody to get an intro like most other students, also if you remember the preview of true hearts day you can see Maddie in her getting fairest clothes and also Raven and Apple were talking when they were getting fairest. I'm somewhat upset that most of the cool characters are mostly bad, Duchess, Kitty, and probably Lizzie. Yet, I have to say it wasn't too bad. Also in part 2 we can see Poppy O' Hair.

So when it comes to EAH, I have been on the fence when it comes to the over all story since the whole Royal vs. Rebel schtick frankly gets old fast and I feel the writers have yet to put real stakes or balance into the whole discussion of "destiny". At this point is feels like their only playing the fandom into being all "OMG Rebels 4  LIF!" while in reality, both sides do have good reasons for what their doing.

However, with THD, I think the writers are slowly and I do mean slowly moving into the right direction.

The main story overall was cute, they FINALLY gave Apple reasons outside her own destiny to be a Royal and gave some food for through on the whole "I hate my destiny, but don't want to fully rebel from it" with the addition of Duchess storyline. I feel she makes for a nice something in-between Apple and Ravens dynamic and pushes a lot of good conflict and possible character development to the forefront. They left a lot of side stories open that can be picked up at later date which makes me hopeful that their not just going to fall back on tired old story plots from MH and will do something different or at the very less, will make the drama more balance and the rise and fall of characters make sense. 

I think they represented Valentines Day nicely with  EAH - vise version, it both fit the in canon world and has potential for some very cute merch if they decide to make any. So for a holiday special I think it worked overall.

Honestly, my only critique and its less a critique and more a question is, are the writes while trying to push the whole pro-Raven stance, subtly, showing she is fare from the fairest in the land? I mean, her believing that Daring was the one to write the letter was not only farfetched, but the fact that she would be willing to pursue it, knowing fully that 

1: Daring is or should be Apples prince, as right of her story.

2: That even if he did write it, that it would hurt if not total destroyed Apple to know the man she thinks she is going to end up with, is now trying to hook up with the person who more or less put her life into mess, causing her nothing but pain and worry since LD. 

3: Can we call major flip flop on Raven, please!!!!. I mean first she seem infatuated with Daring ( for no real reason, but sure, for plot lets go with it.) and once she realizes its not him, moves on like its nothing to Dex, which I might add is one of her closer friends, making it all the more weird and frankly fake. I mean...eh it felt rather grimy to me and made Raven out to be not only a flake but someone who is rather shallow in her pursuits of romance, which in a world that romance would tie into destiny heavily, makes it all the worse.

I could not help but feel a bit satisfied at her thinking Dex and Cupid are a thing and seeing her crushed by it. Honestly at this point, Cupid feelings and actions have for the most part been pretty pure, while she does love him, she more or less has pushed them aside to help Dex win Ravens heart and while I do feel for Dex, I hope he and Cupid get together, since right now Raven has done nothing to show she deserve such admiration.

On the idea that Lizzie liking Dex, ehhh. I think her collecting the hearts and the cutting of the roses were just plays on her character being the daughter if the Queen of Hearts and rose scene from Alice in Wonderland. If their is shipping fuel, I think its to early to tell.

Nicely put and totally agree with you!

When was this aired , and a Duchess doll would be awesome !

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service