Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Haven't run across a trolled doll in a long time, and then wham I saw 2 today - one at Target and one at Kohls.  i can see maybe the Clawdeen getting through, but the Drac in the Cupid box? Come on!

Views: 5393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aww they even stole the bracelet on the first one O-o. btw I love how theres just that one random Deuce hanging around all the Cleos(:

GoodDollHunting said:

saw this today at TRU, which is pretty sad. I also found 2 SS Lagoonas at Target but no shoes, and one had no brush or doll stand and the other was missing the drink. I feel really bad for the stores :(

Here are the Skull Shores Lagoonas that were at Target. Can you spy all the missing stuff?

They gave me 25% off, so $9.74 each, but I'll probably take them back now that I see the shoes are $8.95 a pair on ebay. :(

the only trolls I remember having as a kid were these

They were the original 'trolls' before they added a Z and made them tall and skinny fashion dolls!

mangapartypal (mlp lover) said:

aww those poor dolls it just mean to return a doll like that.

This is a little off topic but Hasbro made trollz dolls they look similar to what a mh troll would look like. They have detachable feet and there not as pose able but you can buy one for 2 dollars at a second hand store. I have a few i bought as a kid plus one from a thrift store.

Triumvirate said:

I never heard the expression "trolled dolls" either. Kind of fitting for Monster High being that a troll is a type of monster. I only wish that the MH team would actually give us a troll character. 

Onlyalisa said:

I agree it is funny... I also learned something new i didn't know you guys call them trolled dolls... LMBO

Reece said:

Ha, Kinda funny.

Actually it is within any retailer's right to refuse a return even with a recipt if they believe the product is not complete depending on their posted return/exchange policies. The problem would be proving that the product being returned is indeed incomplete and in the case of non big ticket/electronic/hygiene items that very rarely happens.

TBH to the untrained eyes those Scaris 2 packs look complete. I really had to study them for a minute or so before I realized what exactly was missing. Now the average TRU employee would probably not know enough about these dolls to know they were incomplete and just accepted them as a return.

I can't see an average employee stripping dolls of accessories if they were not also a collector/scalper who knew that there was some value in the accessories/clothes. Which would lead us back to the fact that adults are more than likely responsible for "troll" dolls and items. And that really is such a shame.

- Ashley

LunarNightLights said:

I disagree, they could have easily bought 3, taken them home and removed the dresses then brought them back.

the legally can't accuse you of taking parts. and they legally cannot refuse a return  if it seems brand new and you have the receipt.

And I'm Javert [Marghoul NO PC] said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say this was an "inside" job... as in, someone at TRU is doing it. Has to be, for that many on a shelf to be done in the same fashion. Can't vouch for most TRUs in this country but at mine, I can't dig through the MH section without being asked by three different team members if I need help. Not easy to scalp parts from dolls on-shelf when that is going on. :P

Pokefan908 said:

Aww they even stole the bracelet on the first one O-o. btw I love how theres just that one random Deuce hanging around all the Cleos(:

GoodDollHunting said:

saw this today at TRU, which is pretty sad. I also found 2 SS Lagoonas at Target but no shoes, and one had no brush or doll stand and the other was missing the drink. I feel really bad for the stores :(

What's wrong with em?

GoodDollHunting said:

they are missing their tunic covers

the scaris 2 pack looks more like a factory mistake cos what would someone want with 3 tunic covers for.

i've seen jinafire long on a few site pictured without her headress thing.

Their shoes were also tampered with, putting the "cheaper" looking pairs that used to be attached to their shopping bags onto the dolls themselves and stealing the two more detailed pairs. Cleo's anklet is also missing from all three.

SunStrker said:

& lagoona's octopus ponytail clip is missing in all 3

MonsterMenagerie said:

Their shoes were also tampered with, putting the "cheaper" looking pairs that used to be attached to their shopping bags onto the dolls themselves and stealing the two more detailed pairs. Cleo's anklet is also missing from all three.

SunStrker said:

I find the pics of trolled dolls quite interesting and funny, but I feel sorry for people who buy them for little kids and don't know the difference between the character on the box and the different doll in the box. Best trolled doll I've seen was a Scaris Deuce in a Scaris Frankie box at a local toystore, the managers face when I told her was an absolute picture XD

Wow, you guys are sharp! I never saw any of that. I only knew that Lagoona's top was missing on all three, and that's why I took the photo. Sadly I've seen a lot of this around, like a DC 5 pack with 2 Lagoonas instead of Gil. sigh...will take pics if I see more.

monster Girl ;} said:

& lagoona's octopus ponytail clip is missing in all 3

MonsterMenagerie said:

SunStrker said:

More trolled dolls. I got the one on the left for 20% off because the box is torn at the top, but as far as I can tell is complete (help me out if I'm wrong). The one on the right is obviously not so complete. :/  

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service