Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hi everyone, Ive decided to start a list database of dolls known to have glue seepage or bad frizzy hair issues to help us when we want to buy a certain doll.

these are all the dolls I own that have issues so far, please contribute if you like as well.

BTW if the doll is from China, please specify, as Im curious if its true that the dolls with problems are only from Indonesia. If you dont have the box it will say where the doll is from on the back of their torsos.

MODS: please dont remove this thread! its only meant to help us when we buy our dolls, thanks!

ALL dolls from Indonesia unless specified

1st Release Basic Ghoulia- glue seep

First Release DOTD Lagoona- frizzy hair

DOTD Draculaura- glue seep

GNO Spectra & Rochelle- glue seep

School Spirit Lagoona- glue seep

Kohls exclusive Operetta- glue seep

New Scaremester/Picture Day Lagoona-glue seep and frizzy hair

New Scaremester/Picture Day Katrine- glue seep

New Scaremester/Picture Day Katty- glue seep

ILF Scarah & Clawdeen- glue seep

Classroom Mad Science Lagoona 1st and 2nd edition- glue seep and frizzy hair

13 Wishes Gigi - Glue seep

FCA Lagoona - Glue seep

Target Exc sisters pack Clawdeen-glue seep

I heart shoes Cleo- glue seep

Swim line Rochelle- Seep

Scaris Rochelle and Clawdeen-  glue seep

Fearleading Meowlody and Purrsephone 3pk- glue Seep

Original Re-Release 6pk Lagoona - Frizzy (luckily it was just her with frizzy hair but Draculaura did come with her face sunken in the center had to buy another individual one)

Picture day Operetta- glue seepage (also has a terrible wonky eye and has the wrong eye patch with the heart)

Sweet 1600 Cupid- glue Seepage (I bought her off of ebay used but still intact with her old school hairdo so I kinda left it alone)

Haunted Spectra - glue seepage

Haunted Vandala-  glue Seepage  & Frizzy hair

Robecca Steam- glue seepage (Her seepage was so bad it had gone thru the packaging and stain the card board all the way thru. Boil it and curl it so far holding.)

Music Fest Clawdeen- frizzy hair

Monster Exchange Marisol - thin hair/bald spots

13 Wishes/Basic Twyla- glue seepage

CHINESE DOLLS:

Schools out Lagoona- glue seep

Jane boo little- Frizzy hair

Amanita Nightshade- Frizzy hair

Coffin Bean Robecca- frizzy hair

UPDATE 2018

Actually, School's out Lagoona has a glue free version made in China and a glue head version made in Indonesia.

I was wondering if anybody else has a leaking first wave Lagoona?

Also, i am curious if anybody has any leaking reboot dolls.

They also have glue free versions and glue head versions of the same doll, and they do this with the dolls made in China.

I can add to the list dolls made in China available with a glue head and glue free version:

Cleo Creepateria

Dead tired and Dot Dead Gorgeous Spectra (yes, I know it's crazy!)

All the Shrieck Wrecked dolls made in China have a glue free version and a glue head version

Schools out, some dolls are made in Indonesia

Freak Du Chic Clawdeen and Gloom and Bloom Cleo and Jinafire exist in both version too. I have 2 Clawdeens (I love that Clawdeen, so spectacular!) and one has a glue head. How awful!

Sorry, all the Dead Tired Spectra I have squeezed the heads had no glue. Dot Dead Gorgeous has 2 versions, with and without. And Signature Spectra has one version made in Indonesia with glue.

EVER AFTER HIGH DOLLS

I have to mention the terrible seepage of EAH dolls. My first wave Madeline is leaking badly. When I lift her hair, I am horrified. I don't want to destroy the curls so I left her like that...for now. It puts me off buying EAH even second hand if they have a hard head. Luckily, I don't have many of them and it will probably stay that way. If they have a hard head, I will not buy them in car boot sales.

EAH dolls glue free:

Signature Ginger

Signature first release Lizzie

Faybelle (I am happy these 3 are glue free, they are some of my favourites!)

Getting fairest raven exists without glue, I have one.

Way to Wonderland kitty has glue free and glue heads versions too. She is still in box but I squeezed her head when I bought her (lol) I will definitely check her to make sure.

thanks Tula Shadowy!

UPDATE 2019 (glue leak)

Day at the Maul Draculaura (Indonesia)

Scaris Draculaura

Diner Draculaura

Catty Noir 13 wishes

Cleo dawn of the dance

Frankie Sweet 1600 (so bad leek)

2015 Re-release of Gloom Beach Frankie

Scaris Skelita

Art Class Skelita

Catty Noir New Scaremester

from Tula Shadowy

All the bloody original Gloom Beach line (Ghoulia is only leaking mildly. It is s a sort of miracle, I hope it will last.)

And Signature Nefera to add to the list too. Most of the original dolls made in Indonesia do leak (original Ghoulia has 2 versions, one made in Indonesia and one made in China. The doll made in China has no sign of glue seepage. Same for Spectra made in China).

EVER AFTER HIGH

Raven Queen and Briar beauty Legacy Day

Views: 972

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

add classroom lagoona mine has really gluely greezy hair thou I'm not sure where she was made she's the release walmart version if that helps.

My first edition Classroom Lags is bad as well, she is from Indonesia.

13 wishes Gigi - Glue seep
Frights, Camera, Action Lagoona - Glue seep

Rochelle's GNO has it too!

thank you and database has been updated

the re release of lagoona in the 6 pack

I've had problem with several dolls. And I just check them and found that most of them are from Indonesia as you said. I have fixed some of the problems by just leaving the doll alone with it's hairdo but some I've had to fix cause it was horrible to look at. Most of the frizzy hair I've fixed by just boiling and curling to give it a look. All of them have held their curl but they do sag down a bit after time if the doll's hair is long and heavy but to me it's look better then just leaving it frizzy. The ones with real bad seepage that have straight hair that I didn't want to curl I've had to use talcum powder to even be able to comb the hair like Cleo from I heart shoes and Rochelle from the swim line. I soaked Cleo and Rochelle in alcohol and still no good. Talcum powder did the trick.

Indonesia

Cleo I heart shoes Seepage (but Draculaura was okay)

Rochelle Swim line Rochelle Seepage

Rochelle and Clawdeen Scaris city of fright Seepage (yet Frankie was okay)

Meowlody and Purrsephone Fearleading 3pk Seepage (Toralei was fine)

Gigi Grant 13 Wishes Seepage (Her hair is not undone but I can tell just by looking and feeling it that it has alot of it.)

Lagoona Original Re-Release 6pk Frizzy (luckily it was just her with frizzy hair but Draculaura did come with her face sunken in the center had to buy another individual one)

Operetta Picture day Seepage (also has a terrible wonky eye and has the wrong eye patch with the heart)

Scarah Screams I heart Fashion Seepage my fav too :(

Cupid Seepage (I bought her off of ebay used but still intact with her old school hairdo so I kinda left it alone)

Spectra Haunted Seepage

Vandala Haunted Seepage  & Frizzy

Robecca Steam Seepage (Her seepage was so bad it had gone thru the packaging and stain the card board all the way thru. Boil it and curl it so far holding.)

China Frizz (no seepage)

Jane boo little Frizzy (was the first doll I tried boiling and curling and it work she came out awesome)

Amanita Nightshade Frizzy

You can usually find the boiling and curling process on youtube if anyone is interested. Hope this helps.

Robecca Steam Seepage (Her seepage was so bad it had gone thru the packaging and stain the card board all the way thru. Boil it and curl it so far holding.)

that happened to my 1st wave Ghoulia doll, awful.

I dont think theres any true remedy for the glue problem other than removing it all and rerooting or wigging. :(

Ive tried the boiling curling thing with pipe cleaners on some of my dolls but it never looks nice, the hair tends to frizz and look messy. Not sure what it is I do wrong. :(

Hi found the link to curl MH hair. I do suggest for "dolls with seepage" after you drain out as much excess water as you can in the last dunk of the cold water to leave the doll with the curls on in front of a fan for a few hours or overnight if you can. It helps. I include some pics of dolls I've done this too. Jane had horrible frizz but no seepage. Robecca was all seepage. And Cleo has a straight hairstyle so I didn't curl her hair but I used talcum powder. You can see a bit of it in the shade of the hair color but at least I can comb it and it feels soft not sticky and gooey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rzvRTM0-z8

Attachments:

thanks for the link! Id like to try it again but with something other than pipe cleaners. I really like how Jane's curls came out!

Thx. That straw with the aluminum and bobby pins seems to work pretty good. Some dolls' hair are tougher than others to work on.

Basic twyla is the one I have the most problem with. her hair is lank and sticky and disgusting. It's the worst of any of my dolls and I don't understand why. I mean, I don't really wash product out of the hair or do anything much to them, which means the majority of my dolls are ok but twyla? out the box she was ick and it's just gotten icker.

Classroom lagoona's hair is friiiiizzy.

Music fest clawdeen's hair was stupid frizzy too, but took a boil wash lovely.

also worth noting. Marisol has stupidly thinly rooted hair. I feel like really thin hair should be something talked about too.

I'll have a fondle of all my dolls (I own most of them) and see if there's any others to add.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service