Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Anyone know when more dolls will be sent out? I'm not sure if other people are having this problem, but I've called 5 Targets, 4 Walmarts, and 2 Kmarts near me and none of them have ANY dolls! The only place with dolls on the shelves is our local Toys R Us. It's very frustrating because I'm calling pretty much every other day to see what the stores have and I keep getting the same answer of "None, and we aren't sure when we'll be getting more."

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ive never had any luck with calling.  You get an associate who doesnt know what you're talking about or doesnt bother checking.  Or even if they do have the item in stock, they tell you no anyway.  This morning i visited one walmart, in Eastlake, CA, they had 4 Cleo's vanitys.  And a Target in Eastlake as well, they had two Nefera's two Operettas, Cleo and Torelai. 

ikr!!!

Things you should know about calling stores:

Know which stores to call. Don't call Walmart. Don't waste your time and energy. At my local Walmart, when you call the store, your call is handled and directed through the phone bank at the dressing rooms. If you ask for toys, they'll forward you through to the department, but as far as I know this means a phone mounted on a wall in another dimension. Associates have headsets, which allow for inter-store communication, but they don't have actual physical telephones on their person that recieve outside calls. So your call could ring and ring and never get an answer. Or the operator may make a page, which also may never get answered. Now, if you have a Meijer in your area, you can get a department's direct phoneline and reach a real person between the hours of 8 am and 11 pm because they have actual physical telephones in their pockets. I don't know how Target and Kmart operate.

Your average associate really doesn't know when to expect specific things. In my experience, some retail establishments make orders automatically via computer. The computer knows how many dolls a store should have, and as the stock sells down the computers know. When stock gets low orders are made for replenishment. Often times an associate won't know when new stock is coming unless product is actually marked as in transit, meaning it is on a truck and already on it's way. But WHEN a store actually gets a shipment is up in the air. How many cases is Mattel manufacturing? How many are they sending to your state, to what retail lines, to which store in which market? TRU is going to get them first, because they move the most product the fastest. RIghtly so, they only deal in toys. Walmart might get next priority, then probably Target. But where do you live? In the greater Detroit area or out in the sticks? Busier stores get more faster. So just because your store is ordering dolls doesn't mean they'll get any anytime soon. Factors are almost definitely out of their control.

For the love of god don't be obnoxious and call every day. Bad form, man. If you get to speak to an associate who knows what's the what, ask when they typically receive toy shipments. If they recieve toy shipments on wednesday, that means product, if it arrived, will be stocked over night on wednesday and on the shelves thursday morning. If you really must call, call first thing thursday morning. I guess you could try calling the day the shipment arrives, but if receiving is actively unloading the truck when you do, it's unlikely anyone will be able to help you. If it's a 24 hour store, (some Walmarts, and all Meijers) don't even wait that long. Get in your car and be on site somewhere between 12 pm and 6 am, when the stocking process is happening. You better believe the scalpers are doing this. Don't bother calling during these hours, because an overnight skeleton crew means whoever you reach will very likely have no idea what the crap you're talking about.

Hope this was helpful!

That was really helpful, actually.

I usually call every other day because 3 of the Targets nearby have told me they get shipments in on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but I didn't know that usually if a shipment arrives on Wednesday that it usually won't be stocked until Thursday. As for calling Walmart, I've noticed that about them when I call, so I'll probably stick to going there.

Soup said:

Things you should know about calling stores:

Know which stores to call. Don't call Walmart. Don't waste your time and energy. At my local Walmart, when you call the store, your call is handled and directed through the phone bank at the dressing rooms. If you ask for toys, they'll forward you through to the department, but as far as I know this means a phone mounted on a wall in another dimension. Associates have headsets, which allow for inter-store communication, but they don't have actual physical telephones on their person that recieve outside calls. So your call could ring and ring and never get an answer. Or the operator may make a page, which also may never get answered. Now, if you have a Meijer in your area, you can get a department's direct phoneline and reach a real person between the hours of 8 am and 11 pm because they have actual physical telephones in their pockets. I don't know how Target and Kmart operate.

Your average associate really doesn't know when to expect specific things. In my experience, some retail establishments make orders automatically via computer. The computer knows how many dolls a store should have, and as the stock sells down the computers know. When stock gets low orders are made for replenishment. Often times an associate won't know when new stock is coming unless product is actually marked as in transit, meaning it is on a truck and already on it's way. But WHEN a store actually gets a shipment is up in the air. How many cases is Mattel manufacturing? How many are they sending to your state, to what retail lines, to which store in which market? TRU is going to get them first, because they move the most product the fastest. RIghtly so, they only deal in toys. Walmart might get next priority, then probably Target. But where do you live? In the greater Detroit area or out in the sticks? Busier stores get more faster. So just because your store is ordering dolls doesn't mean they'll get any anytime soon. Factors are almost definitely out of their control.

For the love of god don't be obnoxious and call every day. Bad form, man. If you get to speak to an associate who knows what's the what, ask when they typically receive toy shipments. If they recieve toy shipments on wednesday, that means product, if it arrived, will be stocked over night on wednesday and on the shelves thursday morning. If you really must call, call first thing thursday morning. I guess you could try calling the day the shipment arrives, but if receiving is actively unloading the truck when you do, it's unlikely anyone will be able to help you. If it's a 24 hour store, (some Walmarts, and all Meijers) don't even wait that long. Get in your car and be on site somewhere between 12 pm and 6 am, when the stocking process is happening. You better believe the scalpers are doing this. Don't bother calling during these hours, because an overnight skeleton crew means whoever you reach will very likely have no idea what the crap you're talking about.

Hope this was helpful!

*nod* Yeah if a store says they get a shipment on Wednesday, that means the truck comes in overnight Wednesday and product will be on the shelves Thursday morning.

I know at the Target I work at, we've been getting a case of basic dolls 1-2 times a week lately. We are a smaller volume store, and I've noticed that bigger stores get more in.

Or it might even arrive midday wednesday and it'll sit in the backroom until 3rd shift stocking crew comes in to stock it overnight. This is why you MIGHT get some help if you ask on shipment days. If someone asked me, I might take a peek at what's been unloaded and within reach (at my store when pallets are unloaded they're stacked butt-to-butt in the back room; if something's in the back and against the wall it is simply not reachable until 3rd shit pulls the entire load out to the floor for stocking) but will usually say I can't help them and that they should check back in the morning.

(most associates probably won't even do this much. I would only do it because I want to buy things too!)

BlackieChuu said:

*nod* Yeah if a store says they get a shipment on Wednesday, that means the truck comes in overnight Wednesday and product will be on the shelves Thursday morning.

I know at the Target I work at, we've been getting a case of basic dolls 1-2 times a week lately. We are a smaller volume store, and I've noticed that bigger stores get more in.

Our Targets are filled with the dolls I just returned a Nefera de Nile doll earlier tonight.

Every store I went to today had nothing in stock at all. On top of that looks like amazon has increases the prices on anything they have in stock.

Mattel is probably still trying to catch up with demand after having sold every available released doll possible at every retailer. With high demand and low supply it's not suprising that things are still flying off the shelves as soon as they're stocked... think about all the gift cards and Christmas money people have been holding onto waiting for a chance to buy the doll they didn't get for Christmas.

I think one of the problems places around me are having too, is that they'll have other MH products in stock, but not the dolls.

I decided to check the Target closest to me this morning and they had 3 of the Sweet 1600 cars and several of the stuffed dolls in stock, but none of the regular ones. :(

I'll be checking the other stores close to me soon.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service