Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I decided to make a topic dedicated to my journey through my first time modding a doll.

Last tuesday I bought a GB Draculaura  and used nail polish remover to remove her face paint. As of yesterday, she is now bald and in the middle of getting all her hair removed for rerooting.

The character I am remaking is:

Please don't take my character and claim her as your own. She's my baby.

My progress so far:

Ew, you can see my hand there. :V

Next week's plan is buying the paint and sealant for her skin. If you have any recommendations for the paint sealant, (I hear mod podge a lot on here...) go ahead and recommend it. I am also looking for any tips on how to do her bangs as well. I hope to have more pictures up soon!

7-19-11: I am almost finished painting her head.

Views: 1346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The original face paint? I used nail polish remover with acetone.

The face is now painted and is waiting for another layer of paint to be added on. I'd have images but I'm lazy. \: I'll take some when it's finished at least.

I also still need to order the things from dollyhair, but I'm also restricted on money due to my move to Vegas next month.

Her head is almost painted. :)

I'm only missing the hair and the clothes at this point. If I have the money (I have to ship stuff out to Vegas) I might buy the hair and tools friday.

Woo hooooo!! Looks great! :D (If I ever tried to do a custom, it would definitely NOT look like this xD xD)

Reeses Triepan said:

Her head is almost painted. :)

I'm only missing the hair and the clothes at this point. If I have the money (I have to ship stuff out to Vegas) I might buy the hair and tools friday.

That looks awesome!

Looks like my move is going to be quicker than planned. (Next week!! ;_; ) so I won't be able to finish this at all until I'm settled in with a job.

Thanks for the comments! and pfft, of course it wouldn't look like that - it'd be better! :p

Somewhat. :p I wish I could finish her now while I'm stuck at my new place with no job or anything to do. But the movers haven't come here yet with my stuff. )':
I'm debating on starting over with a Cleo. The body is atrocious. Paint is chipping all over the place.
Your paintjob is really quite nice! Repainting a doll's face is a difficult and delicate task. Be warned, that even with a good sealant, it's next to impossible to keep paint on the doll's joints, especially at the back of the knees.

She is going to turn out to be one cool mod! :)

Yeah, I wasn't ready for what a hassle the body was going to be. I'm going to keep this mod and go back to it later but restart with a Cleo, as she has the most "human" skin tone besides Clawdeen.
I forgot to mention, one thing that help me a little bit was using very fine sandpaper. You just sorta sand down the entire body to make it less "sleek", this seems to help the paint stick a bit.
That's an interesting idea actually.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service