Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Is it just me or are the movies a lot more shallow than the webisodes and diaries? I mean we get some of the "I love shoes" stuff and "do stuff for me cause your my boyfriend" in the other 2 like Cleo and Deuces date night in their basic diaries and the webisodes have a lot of shoe complimenting, shopping and whatnot but its kind of ridiculous in the movies.

Its actually starting to bother me, quite a bit, the Scaris movie has to be the worst yet though. I know its just a kids show and they're supposed to be jokes but its just pushing the envelope a little too far for me and making the ghouls seem shallow and snobby. They bring a tower of suitcases that they make the guys carry, for a trip thats going to take a week and, this was what really got me, Cleo is so controlling with Deuce that she literally picks out his lunch for him everyday and when she leaves he cant even function after being told what to do day in and day out. Thats not funny to me, that's just sad.

Am I the only one who feels this way? :(

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So do I, I like the manster characters and it stinks to see them so flat and spineless character wise. They're as deep as a kiddy pool X(

Victoria Niccals said:

I agree, I disliked Deuce in the Scaris special too. I think they were just trying to make an excuse for him wanting Cleo back (he couldn't say that he was jealous she was in the world's most romantic city, that was Clawd's gig) so they took Cleo's bossiness to the extreme, with no good outcome. 

In the diaries, we see that Cleo is still bossy, but Deuce is annoyed by that, like when they were having dinner and she sent her plate back 30 times. Their relationship is much healthier in the diaries.

I hope that Mattel has read this and will try to never make Deuce like that again. He is my favourite MH boy, I don't want to see him like that.

I think the difference is that for Deuce he doesn't mind as much. If he really did he probably would have dumped Cleo by now. There are actual guys out there that do like a girl that in some ways bosses them around. Granted I can sorta agree in Scaris it was weird seeing Deuce so helpless without Cleo around. But as for it being abusive, well, this depends. How so? When Cleo bosses Deuce around does she threaten him if he doesn't do what she says? In general, she just tells him what to do and he does it. I wouldn't say that's abusive considering it's not like Deuce isn't aware of the fact that he's being bossed around, he doesn't seem to be that bothered by it, and Cleo doesn't threaten him or anything. Least not by my knowledge. In general he will have to eventually learn to do stuff for himself as it seems. Deuce is just helpless is all it is. But I wouldn't say the relationship was portrayed as abusive.

Abbinormal said:

I agree with this and in the webisodes and diaries, while Cleo is bossy and a bit controlling, it never goes as far as it does in the movies. In the movies it becomes almost abusive, I mean, if you switched their roles and had a guy telling a girl what to wear, eat ect. because hes that controlling, people would be outraged. I dont understand why the reversal is supposed to be more acceptable. Like I said, I understand its supposed to be a joke but its really not funny.

Kaliskanny said:

The thing that bothers me most about the movies is the message between Cleo and Deuce. We get that Deuce loves Cleo, but that he can't function with out her is ridiculous. And why send the message that it's okay to have a relationship like that? Where one person is so dominant that the other can not cope with out them.

When Cleo dumped Deuce in Ghouls Rule, I cheered and hoped they would not get back together. It's the only movie where Deuce acted like a man rather than a love sick puppy.

The only things that bothers me in the movies is  Draculauras voice and I dont like how Lagoona looks in them

Well yeah, we dont exactly know how she bosses him around or if she makes threats or whatever but even if she doesnt and hes okay with it it still seems very off. That kind of personality doesn't seem like one a person would have, when I think of what your talking about, I think of a dog. And no it wasnt portrayed as abusive, it was portrayed as just a silly joke but if you look at it in a certain light it could be viewed as abusive. Thats just what I saw from it. Plus thats not the Deuce we see in the webisodes and diaries, like when Cleo asks Ghoulia to go with them for smoothies and says Deuce will pay, he protests but then Ghoulia declines anyway. In the movies they seem to take all of his personality away :(

AngelLust155 said:

I think the difference is that for Deuce he doesn't mind as much. If he really did he probably would have dumped Cleo by now. There are actual guys out there that do like a girl that in some ways bosses them around. Granted I can sorta agree in Scaris it was weird seeing Deuce so helpless without Cleo around. But as for it being abusive, well, this depends. How so? When Cleo bosses Deuce around does she threaten him if he doesn't do what she says? In general, she just tells him what to do and he does it. I wouldn't say that's abusive considering it's not like Deuce isn't aware of the fact that he's being bossed around, he doesn't seem to be that bothered by it, and Cleo doesn't threaten him or anything. Least not by my knowledge. In general he will have to eventually learn to do stuff for himself as it seems. Deuce is just helpless is all it is. But I wouldn't say the relationship was portrayed as abusive.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service