Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

http://monster-high.livejournal.com/532550.html

She says she picked'r up. Can't see the pics too well, but eh.

Views: 12806

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Five to a box? That is good. Gives me hope on seeing them whenever I go to Walmart next time. <3

Sarascreams said:

Sorry I forgot to put in my earlier post I found her in a box waiting to be put out there were 5 cupids in the box. I bought 3 one for my daughter and nieces. They rang up at 18.84 each. But having 5 per box should help in getting them. Good luck hunting all. I was so excited When I saw them because I didn't think they were out yet that I jumped up and down. I will be the coolest mom and aunt this Christmas for sure.

The problem with most important holidays is that they basically sprang from a mish mash of religions and origins.

evilgrrl said:

You need to look up Oestara i.e. Easter before you say she doesn't have the same mythic status as Eros. Oestara was the Germanic fertility Goddess, thus her asociation with the prolific bunny, which was her emblem. See also Ishtar. Try Wikipedia. :)

As for Santa, some people argue that his roots go back to the pre-Christian Great Horned God, and was made over into the Christian St. Nichols later.

Ninapedia said:

Even though Eros was mutated into a Holiday Character she's not based of the Cherub Cupid attributed to Modern Valentines day. She would be a Greek Demigoddess. So I don't think Santa and the Easter Bunny would have equal standings as they don't have a "mythical god" equivalent. And don't forget that Santa- Saint Nicholas- was a real person before he became Santa, and is still a religious figure in many judeo-christian faiths, so I really doubt he'd have a child going to Monster High.

I also don't think she goes to Monster High, if I remember right she's "working". While her father focuses on love in the human world she focuses on love in the Monster World. I don't think she's going to school so much as doing her job.

Zombie Passer-By said:

So is this implying that all the famous holiday mascots and characters (Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny et all) and the various Greek Gods have kids which attend Monster High?

Does anyone know what the item number is for Cupid? If not, could someone who has Cupid please post the item number? I went to my Walmart yesterday and they said they could only check stock for her if they had the item number :O Thanks! I may check again tomorrow.

My drunk uncle said he would get her for me but he was drunk:(

WTF...

Scorpiana gomez said:

My drunk uncle said he would get her for me but he was drunk:(
Lol ;0

She looks so... ugly :O The heart lips, the halo thing, the pink hair, the no-reason-why textured hands, the clip-on wings (although I admit that the ribcage-heart shape is clever), her monster parent being Eros?! What? I am Greek, and I really can't see how he can be a "monster". I understand Ninapedia's answer on the previous pages, but I really dislike that fact. -_-

Of course, her box art is lovely, but the actual character is pretty disappointing for me.

@evilgrrl I did not know the thing about Easter, thank you! That was really informative.

I did know that Santa did have pagan origins though however I'm still of the opinion that Modern Santa would not have a child as it is to ingrained in the routes of a very influential religious group while Valentines day has lost most of it's religious significance in the mainstream media, while Christmas is still a very religious Holiday for many (despite it's pagan routes).

I definitely agree with PGirl both Easter and Christmas hold too much religious significance for Mattel to safetly get away with making characters of either.

P-girl said:

The problem with most important holidays is that they basically sprang from a mish mash of religions and origins.

evilgrrl said:

You need to look up Oestara i.e. Easter before you say she doesn't have the same mythic status as Eros. Oestara was the Germanic fertility Goddess, thus her asociation with the prolific bunny, which was her emblem. See also Ishtar. Try Wikipedia. :)

As for Santa, some people argue that his roots go back to the pre-Christian Great Horned God, and was made over into the Christian St. Nichols later.

Ninapedia said:

Even though Eros was mutated into a Holiday Character she's not based of the Cherub Cupid attributed to Modern Valentines day. She would be a Greek Demigoddess. So I don't think Santa and the Easter Bunny would have equal standings as they don't have a "mythical god" equivalent. And don't forget that Santa- Saint Nicholas- was a real person before he became Santa, and is still a religious figure in many judeo-christian faiths, so I really doubt he'd have a child going to Monster High.

I also don't think she goes to Monster High, if I remember right she's "working". While her father focuses on love in the human world she focuses on love in the Monster World. I don't think she's going to school so much as doing her job.

Zombie Passer-By said:

So is this implying that all the famous holiday mascots and characters (Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny et all) and the various Greek Gods have kids which attend Monster High?

More states:

WV, RI, NH

monster mom said:

People from the following states have her for sale on ebay so I think she is making her way around

IN, NJ, PA, MO, VA, TN, MD

I agree 100%. They would be stepping on a lot of toes if they were to make monsters based on extremely religious holidays. I agree that Valentine's Day lost its religious significance and most people think of it as a day to do something special for their significant other and that's it. Mattel isn't stepping on any toes and everyone is happy because Cupid works for it since she is roughly based off the Cupid that many kids and adults grew up with.

Ninapedia said:

@evilgrrl I did not know the thing about Easter, thank you! That was really informative.

I did know that Santa did have pagan origins though however I'm still of the opinion that Modern Santa would not have a child as it is to ingrained in the routes of a very influential religious group while Valentines day has lost most of it's religious significance in the mainstream media, while Christmas is still a very religious Holiday for many (despite it's pagan routes).

I definitely agree with PGirl both Easter and Christmas hold too much religious significance for Mattel to safetly get away with making characters of either.

P-girl said:

evilgrrl said:

Ninapedia said:

Zombie Passer-By said:

Well Valentine's Day stepped on some toes at my brother's past elementary school in the 90s. St. Valentine angered some annoying Jewish parents (not all are like that, these guys just looked into it too much) or something and you know what happened for one year...  "Okay kids lest ass out your Love Day cards!" Yep my brother had to give out LOVE DAY cards instead of VALENTINE'S DAY cards. One of the disadvantages of living in such a multi-cultural town. If this doll were to come out then I bet those parents would be mad. -_-

Sarascreams said:
I just purchased a Cupid from Walmart in Ohio

Do you mind sharing what area of Ohio- I'm in the Cleveland area and called 10 stores today and none of them had even seen her.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service