Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Views: 1586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The coloring on this doll is lovely, and she is more eye-catching than the rest of the line to me...but...This whole line just falls flat for me...They look like little kid dolls, very baby faced. Maybe they will be more impressive in person, dolls usually always get me once I see them in store LOL

I agree. Although now that I have seen Maddie, I really hope the Cerise doll will do her artwork justice. Cerise is my favorite designed character, closely followed by Lizzie and Maddie. If Cerise and Lizzie are done well, I'll get them. Still not sure about Maddie. I'm also potentially interested in Kitty and Goldie. Of course Cupid too, I still consider her a part of MH, but I hope that doll won't dissapoint either.

All in all, dissapointed in the doll line, even though the clothing is beautiful and very detailed.

Abbinormal said:

Think the only reason I really have to get these would be for their clothes (which are wonderfully done and very detailed) and to make customs out of them. Though I will have to see Cupid, who i hope they will keep relatively the same with new hair and clothes, the queen of hearts character and Cerise Hood. Those are by far my favorite.

Here's a face by face comparison of them all so you can compare the face ups. From EAH FB page

Thanks for that close up ! As we can all hopefully see Raven and Maddie have some what of a Spectra looking face if you look at their cheeks. Apple and Briar are slightly different in the case that Apples chin is pointed unlike Briar's which is more rounded  :)

Anais_Sorciere said:

Here's a face by face comparison of them all so you can compare the face ups. From EAH FB page

i love them all. Even though maddie looks peeved, I still love her.

Yeah, its sad that the dolls seem to lose a lot of the spunk the characters have in the webisodes. Though I do give them credit for giving each of them slightly different skin colors (at least thats what it looks like from the shots above). Im really hoping they dont change the face mold for Cupid but I can see them doing it. While this line is a spin off it definatly has its own style and her monster mold might be deemed unsuitable. :(

Mighoula Scaremeyer said:

I agree. Although now that I have seen Maddie, I really hope the Cerise doll will do her artwork justice. Cerise is my favorite designed character, closely followed by Lizzie and Maddie. If Cerise and Lizzie are done well, I'll get them. Still not sure about Maddie. I'm also potentially interested in Kitty and Goldie. Of course Cupid too, I still consider her a part of MH, but I hope that doll won't dissapoint either.

All in all, dissapointed in the doll line, even though the clothing is beautiful and very detailed.

Yes.

Although, in the case of Cupid, I always felt that her Ghoulia headmold didn't match her artwork face. Her artwork was more rounded then the face she actually got, so maybe if they do decide to change it for the new line, it is more of a match. If they do it right, that is. If it doesn't look very good, then I'll just stick with her S1600 version :)

Abbinormal said:

Yeah, its sad that the dolls seem to lose a lot of the spunk the characters have in the webisodes. Though I do give them credit for giving each of them slightly different skin colors (at least thats what it looks like from the shots above). Im really hoping they dont change the face mold for Cupid but I can see them doing it. While this line is a spin off it definatly has its own style and her monster mold might be deemed unsuitable. :(

Mighoula Scaremeyer said:

I agree, I can see no difference at all if I count out angles and shadows.

Triumvirate said:

These are all the exact same face. Any slight differences they may appear to have are due to shadows, angles, and optical illusions created by the differences in their face-ups. 

PandaArt said:

Thanks for that close up ! As we can all hopefully see Raven and Maddie have some what of a Spectra looking face if you look at their cheeks. Apple and Briar are slightly different in the case that Apples chin is pointed unlike Briar's which is more rounded  :)

Anais_Sorciere said:

I agree with you....they do look like little kid dolls....They remind me way to much of Moxie Girls..are these the same size as Monster High dolls?

phuntom said:

The coloring on this doll is lovely, and she is more eye-catching than the rest of the line to me...but...This whole line just falls flat for me...They look like little kid dolls, very baby faced. Maybe they will be more impressive in person, dolls usually always get me once I see them in store LOL

can't wait for today's reveal.

I think that Raven has a little difference in her mold. We can't see very well, but her cheeks don't look very round, if we look close the line near that collar. It can be me, but it's a little different.

Triumvirate said:

These are all the exact same face. Any slight differences they may appear to have are due to shadows, angles, and optical illusions created by the differences in their face-ups. 

PandaArt said:

Anais_Sorciere said:

Agree.

Have you seen the last revealed picture today of the four dolls grouped together? If you click to enlarge, and compare Briar to Apple, would you think their face-up is actually the same, only different color? I tried to find a difference, but to me the shape of the eyes and lips look identically the same.

Triumvirate said:

The real question I have at this point is why people seem so determined to believe that any of these have unique head molds from one another. Their heads are all so similar that it wouldn't make any difference if the head molds weren't all the same. You would barely be able to tell the difference anyway.

I realize that a lot of people want this brand to be like Monster High and have a unique look for every character and are disappointed that this is not the case with regards to them each having a special head mold. But, Ever after High is Ever After High and Monster High is Monster at the end of the day. Monster High needs unique head molds for each character because they are portraying monsters of very different species. All of the Ever After High girls are human looking. They actually do have unique faces in the sense that each girl does not have the same face-up in a different color, but has a face-up that is not like the any of the others. That's all that is needed here when they are all the same species.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service