Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

As posted on Monster High's facebook page with the most curdy image of Ghoulia all ready for the big even dressed up as DeadFast. XD

"Dying to get a freak peek at this year's special San Diego Comic-Con doll? I couldn't keep this locked in the coffin any longer. Check out G4's Attack of the Show tonight at 7:00 EST to see even more!"

See more info on G4's page here. So anyone watching it? I'm going to see if I can get it recorded on the DVR tonight and maybe post up a video of it here or something. Otherwise, if someone else can share it, that'd be great. :)

Views: 1238

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I wasn't saying I was better or doing a favor.  Prices will be higher... on ebay or Justice or what have you because it's a limited collector's item.  I don't think it's right to charge $300 for a $20 doll and I'm not doing that.  I guess a whole other way to look at it is, if tons of people go to a convention and buy a collector's item (like this doll) and they all end up on ebay, then that changes the whole supply and demand dynamic too; if 1000 of them end up on ebay, then the price changes, no one is going to pay $300 if there's a bunch on ebay for $40 and Justice can't sell them - whatever.  They sell for over cost($20) because they are in limited quanitites, just like how people were willing to pay $100 for the hydration station before it hit toys r us.

With time/money/gas/shipping I've spent over the last year tracking down dolls for my kiddo and (other family members/friends), I don't feel bad if my sister sells one doll and makes a $20 profit.

I agree with that point.  I had to tell my kiddo in May we weren't going to pay $50 at a boutique store for the clawd/draculaura pack, that we'd wait and see if we could find it when it hit Toys R Us. 
I wasn't talking about getting them for money gain  and placing them on ebay but It really doesn't hurt for a few people add them on ebay for other for no money gain like I said about the honest seller as a buy it now. I do agree with the people buying them up from others just to sell them on ebay, that is wrong.

Triumvirate: Wun, Tou, & Thrii said:
I have a problem with Ebaying stuff when it's like the one person saying. They payed and went to comic-con and wanted to get a Tonner doll, and they were all sold out and then up on ebay minutes later. We actually almost went to comic-con this year, and would have liked to get Ghoulia there. I would have been so mad to wait in line for her and then find out she was sold out so people could put her on ebay and make a profit on her.

Ayaka502 said:

I for one don't have a problem with people ebaying stuff.  It does give people a chance to get items from SDCC when they couldn't go like myself. Now starting it off at the price you got it would be appropriate and let the bidding begin. Now they can be honest and have a buy it now for the amount they paid for it plus shipping. 

I know you weren't talking that you were going to do that and it was hypothetical question. I was just answering it. ^^

cursivequeen said:

To clarify, I wasn't saying I was going to charge a friend $40, was just asking would it be different if I got an extra and a friend wanted to pay me $40 for it (because they knew going to the con is expensive, whatever) would that be different than having a $40 ebay listing.

Our walmart has been increasing the prices... I went to see if they had new plushies -- the first wave they had were priced at 15.97!
I would never charge a friend for time or effort to get something for them. I actually have a friend going to SDCC who's going to try to pick me up the doll if there's any left. He's picked up exclusives at my request before and never asks for more than the cost of the item & shipping. As a lifelong collector, I can say that people scalping stuff on Ebay is a huge pet peeve of mine. I had a coworker who would do this with items we got in the store & I gave her a nice rant one day. I'll admit, I've sold stuff on Ebay & made money off of it, but it's stuff that I've had for years & decided to get rid of just to free up room, never to turn a profit. From what I've noticed over the years I've been in retail, a lot of scalpers make it their job. They show up right when the store opens, wipe out the product, & then go home & sell it. Some stuff you never even get a chance to find & if you're like me, you simply can't afford what they're trying to sell it for. I refuse to pay over MSRP on anything.
I definitely agree. I have sold stuff on EBay because I have no use for some of the stuff I have and it just keeps taking up space and collecting dust. I don't think I even got half of what I really paid for for the items I sold, but they got out of my hair. I find it just terrible that people would do such a thing as overpricing items on EBay and grabbing a bunch of cheap items that sell well just to do so. Especially those Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. I have a friend who is going to SDCC and is going to try and get the doll for me. I told him I will give him x amount of money for the doll and shipping and he told me to wait until afterward because he may not be able to get the doll. Plus we aren't exactly sure how much it costs. I think it costs $20, but it is best just wait to see if he can get his hands on one for me.

Neonlexicon said:
I would never charge a friend for time or effort to get something for them. I actually have a friend going to SDCC who's going to try to pick me up the doll if there's any left. He's picked up exclusives at my request before and never asks for more than the cost of the item & shipping. As a lifelong collector, I can say that people scalping stuff on Ebay is a huge pet peeve of mine. I had a coworker who would do this with items we got in the store & I gave her a nice rant one day. I'll admit, I've sold stuff on Ebay & made money off of it, but it's stuff that I've had for years & decided to get rid of just to free up room, never to turn a profit. From what I've noticed over the years I've been in retail, a lot of scalpers make it their job. They show up right when the store opens, wipe out the product, & then go home & sell it. Some stuff you never even get a chance to find & if you're like me, you simply can't afford what they're trying to sell it for. I refuse to pay over MSRP on anything.
Yeah, I'm 99% sure the doll is going to be $20. At least that's the info I've seen listed. I feel it's fine to have someone pick one up for you. My friend, for example, is a third party with no interest in Monster High at all. He's not buying multiples to scalp. He'd just specifically get one for me. As for Ebay, I've come out pretty well with some things I've sold. Awhile ago I unloaded a lot of loose action figures & had no idea people would pay so much. I started them really cheap. I think sometimes with toys, you get a lot of the customizers who buy things for the parts, especially if you sell them in lots. More recently I've just been listing stuff on classified ads. Before I moved, I put up a bunch of figures up on a marketplace & just listed them around what I paid for them & offered discounts if they bought multiples. I had some people contact me immediately, shocked that I was selling some of the stuff so cheap. I ended up looking at Ebay & realized some of them were selling for over $100. While that amount would have been nice, at least I got back what I paid & made someone extremely happy.

Lillian Gracey said:
I definitely agree. I have sold stuff on EBay because I have no use for some of the stuff I have and it just keeps taking up space and collecting dust. I don't think I even got half of what I really paid for for the items I sold, but they got out of my hair. I find it just terrible that people would do such a thing as overpricing items on EBay and grabbing a bunch of cheap items that sell well just to do so. Especially those Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. I have a friend who is going to SDCC and is going to try and get the doll for me. I told him I will give him x amount of money for the doll and shipping and he told me to wait until afterward because he may not be able to get the doll. Plus we aren't exactly sure how much it costs. I think it costs $20, but it is best just wait to see if he can get his hands on one for me.

Good news for people attending the convention, or with friends who will be attending; MattyCollector.com is able to do their product vouchers again this year, which enables people who will be physically present to pre-order certain products.  That can guarantee you a Ghoulia, and at the $20 list price, not whatever obscene thing the scalpers are charging.  Here are the details:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#...

They don't ship, so you not only need to be attending/know someone who's attending, the person who will be making the pickup must be the owner of the credit card used to pay.  Still, this is at least an option.

'Mai.

They also have to pick it up before sunday (which is too bad... the floor is less crowded then)

Last year at least, the voucher pickup was off the main floor, in a much less crowded area.  So it cut down on traffic and frustration for all involved.

'Mai.

One more update on the Matty Collector pre-sale, this time relating to post-show sales:

For those not attending SDCC, the sale of remaining items will take place August 1st at 9AM Pacific.  Please note that for the after-show sale Swamp Thing won’t have the Un-Men and Queen Marlena will be packed as Captain Glenn Heroic Galactic Adventurer, but she’ll still have all the accessories you need to transform her into Marlena.

If you are unable to obtain a Ghoulia at the con, or from a friend attending the con, this may be a good avenue for you.  Matty doesn't charge extra for exclusives, making them substantially cheaper (and more legit) than the eBay scalpers.

'Mai.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service