Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Mattel is doing the same shit as last year, basically if You DID NOT GET A DOLL TONIGHT, YOU WILL NOT GET ONE DURING CON.

The RULES ARE: 6 Dolls per badge, per time in line.

I was in the mattel line for an hour this evening, the dolls sold out by 7pm.

Meaning tomorrow, the dolls will start selling at 9am, when the mattel booth opens, vs. the general public is not allowed in until 930am.  Meaning the exhibitors will have access to all the dolls before anyone else is allowed in.  And yes, the dolls are being sold at Vendor Booths for 150$.  Why Mattel is allowing this i dont know. 

I was in the MH booth and one parent asked a mattel representative why the dolls are so hard to get.  He said to the parent to get there super early the next day.  WRONG.  It doesnt matter how early you get there, the exhibitors get EARLY ACCESS.

Views: 1003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Other than the cost of badges to locals, which is Comic-Con's decision (I don't think I've ever seen any convention offer discounted prices to local residents. If they did, I'd go to C2E2 every year!), it seems fair to say that the restriction of doll purchases and the long insane lines falls squarely on companies like Mattel. Yes?

Thanks Maylee! My girls loved it, it was our first time. As rookies we made some mistakes but had a blast. Dolls were sold out everyday we were there, but a great friend helped us out. The time spent meeting the creative ppl behind MH was invaluable. No doll compares to that.

maylee dysher said:
Well that's good about them reducing the number you can buy. Maybe their stock will last a bit longer then. Hope you get her and have fun at SDCC, MikeyC!

Mattel is definitely in the driver's seat when it comes to setting the rules for the SDCC exclusives.  I don't know who makes the utterly asinine decisions that seem to be all about screwing the fans over, but I doubt that they do it just to thumb their noses at non-locals/non-Californians.

And I've never heard of any con that's ever offered discounted admission to locals, either.  It was just a knee-jerk reaction to that "Californians are elitists" comment made earlier.

Purple Jae said:

Other than the cost of badges to locals, which is Comic-Con's decision (I don't think I've ever seen any convention offer discounted prices to local residents. If they did, I'd go to C2E2 every year!), it seems fair to say that the restriction of doll purchases and the long insane lines falls squarely on companies like Mattel. Yes?

I don't know why they don't adopt a "Fast Pass" system like  Disney World

The fast pass would only work for people in CA lol.

Jill Spectrafan said:

And even then, you'd have to be faster-than-fast, or you'd miss out.

MikeyC said:

Jill Spectrafan said:

Right...but they could do some serious crowd control with it. They could have the slow lane (where you camp out in front of the door) and the Fast pass lane with your return time on the ticket (and you can ONLY get in during those 10 minutes)...they could do the lottery online (in some fair style)...and with each Fast Pass, you only get one line purchase. (But you can have multiple passes).......

But could you imagine the stampede if they used the little ticket machines to dispense them like Disney? LOL

Midori Fae said:

And even then, you'd have to be faster-than-fast, or you'd miss out.

MikeyC said:

Jill Spectrafan said:

I can beat that. I am in San Diego County...and I still couldn't go. Not going to pay the money for a CC ticket and hope to get a doll. I will just have to buy her from Ebay. Just like I did for Scarah. I won Scarah at $65 last year. Much cheaper then a CC ticket.

Midori Fae said:

Hear, hear!  I'm one of them, and I live in the L.A. area (only about 2 hours from San Diego)!

Just because we live in the same state that San Diego is located doesn't mean that we can just drop everything and make a weekend jaunt to Comic-Con.  If you don't live in southern California, it's going to be a long, tedious drive.  If you're from the Bay Area (San Francisco/Oakland), that's like what, 9 hours?  Yikes.

That, and we have to buy our tickets, book our hotel rooms, and whatnot, and unlike Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and other such places, there are no discounts for locals; we would have to pay the same prices to get into Comic-Con like everyone else, and not all of us have that kind of money to throw around.  Even if we did, I've heard that Comic-Con passes are very difficult to get, regardless of where in California, the rest of the U.S., or the rest of the world you might be.  

Heck, going to Vegas for the weekend is way easier and probably less crowded, even on a holiday weekend.  

The Dark Lord's Daughter said:

Some of us Californians couldn't drop everything and drive 6+ hours to San Diego or purchase tickets last year. :/

i^D said:

I'm waving my proverbial pitchfork too.

Really this is SO STUPID.

And a dirty trick.

I'm still unhappy about Scarah and Hoodude being exclusive last year. I still don't have a set of them yet.

It sucks.

It feels like Californians are the world's biggest elitists: "Oh, you can't drop everything and travel cross-country/globe to be at the San Diego Comic Convention? Sounds like a personal problem!!! Too bad, so sad! Ha, Ha!"

Comic CON indeed.

No, the rest of us will have to be content with next year's selection of mass-marketed MH dolls, which will be any color you want provided you want pink.

How long until all the "monsters" are blonde too?

BARF.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service