Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Gilda *so* reminds me of Jinafire.

Views: 4334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heads up, I just tried adding the We Are Monster High pack to my trolley on the Argos website... and it said "Reserve it now to collect in store in 4 days" (this is my local store in Birmingham.) So I don't think there's going to be much time to save up at all! (I'm reserving one to view, personally - not buying one until they come down to at least £50.)

I used to do this all the time but now on some MH or EAH dolls but I used to wait for clearence. Like for a 5-pack is mostly about $60 but go to about $30 on clearence so it's like $6 per doll

I'd pay about £60 for the set I think, but yeah, hopefully it'll drop in price pretty quick. Come ooon Argos, give us some catalogue launch sales! lol.

Catalogue launches end of July btw, either the 19th or the 26th. I'm curious about what'll be in it aside from the stuff already out everywhere else lol.

If you're gonna view, totally take photos! be unashamed! Just snap them pictures and then be all "nah, not today"

I'm waiting for it to hit my region, we seem to always be last to get Argos stock.

Funny story - my friend tried to buy a Dance Class 5 pack today but at the register, they wouldn't let him buy it because it said they can't be sold until August 1st! Of course we know target recycles dpci #s, so if you're looking for the new 5 pack, I'd say right around August 1st would be a good time to find it! 

I love this Scarah dress

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/monster-high-we-... My set arrived today, I got to reviewing immediately.

A few details that weren't obvious in the photos, so worth a look if you're curious about what exactly you're getting.

go go go! *shameless plug*

It's gel not glue, it rinses out but you need a bit left over to keep the hair styled up. But yeah, the holes are annoying. not much I can do though, mattel don't care. They're just "return to store" and the chance of getting another set who all have decent faces hah.

Apparently i'm not the only one who's gotten a mo with that sticking to backing card issue either, another collector mentioned it on facebook only hers lifted the flock. So be warned guys, seems the packaging choice is gonna cause some issues with mo specifically.

Thanks for the comparison pic of Gilda & Jinafire, purple_monkfish. :)

No worries! It was a bit tricky to get the lighting in such a way as to show the difference. But they've very clearly quite different colours irl. I was gonna undress Jin but her outfit is all tagged together and her tail kept falling off so i decided it was too much effort lol.

One thing I did learn from pulling dolls off my shelf was that sdcc scarah desperately needs her hair washed again. Ew. They caked so much glue into that poor doll. I hope Iris doesn't suffer the same super gloop fate. I should wash Gilda's hair as well but i'm worried i'll screw up her style. hmmm.

we are very excited overall for this set!!!!!! I don't have any complaints about any of them! =)

Only if you really saturate or scrub it. What I usually do is try to avoid wetting the flock, I dunk the tip of the hair and as much as I dare into water lol. The flock does get a bit wet but as long as you don't touch it and leave it to dry, damp flock is ok. I had to scrub the back of slo mo's head with my finger nail to get that stupid cardboard off it, argh. flock held but it was wary of using much more force than just my nail and carefully picking at it. i've had flock lift and it comes off in rather large chunks when it does that. It's not fun.

But yeah, damp flock is usually fine. Soaking it isn't.

Keen said:

Doesn't flock fall out if it gets wet?

purple_monkfish said:

It's gel not glue, it rinses out but you need a bit left over to keep the hair styled up. But yeah, the holes are annoying. not much I can do though, mattel don't care. They're just "return to store" and the chance of getting another set who all have decent faces hah.

Apparently i'm not the only one who's gotten a mo with that sticking to backing card issue either, another collector mentioned it on facebook only hers lifted the flock. So be warned guys, seems the packaging choice is gonna cause some issues with mo specifically.

so Im guessing this is the only Gilda at this time. I dont like that the first production of a character is stuck in a 5-pack of dolls that my daughter already has. Especially when there are no immediate plans to come out with a standalone version. I cant see paying $60 at Target to get 1 new doll for her to play with.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service