Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Okay.. I was on FaceBook a couple weeks ago and saw this thing called "Bratzillas". I thought they were cute at first but then when I saw them up close I got sooo mad because, THEY ARE TOTALLY COPYING MONSTER HIGH! yes I know. they are kinda nice and I like the one with red hair but I just can't beieve MGA did that -_- I don't mind if any of u like it but I just wanna know your thoughts on the subject. Would u buy it? Or would you rather pass. Thank you and leave your thoughts below. I know this isnt the fist discussion on this topic, but I wanted to know ur thoughts anyway lol :) happy typing <3

Views: 4160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bratzillas are copycats!

Thank you so much <3

Cemetery Minda said:

I'm not a fan of them. They don't look like a quality doll to me. My first instinct is that they are a lower-quality imitation of the MH line and possibly a response to a decrease in Bratz sales due to MH. But I don't have any stats or anything. Just my first impression. They caught my eye in the store, of course, but on closer look, I'm just not impressed with the way they look--a combo of Monster High and LIV (the eyes). They don't look much like Bratz to me. I'm not a real fan of Bratz, either though. So these are just my personal thoughts. And, like someone said, if you don't like them, don't buy them. Not for me, anyway. My daughter likes one of them. The red-haired one, I think. We'll see.

Good topic.  :)

Yup. Glad u agree ;) <3

Monster High (hates to pc & mc) said:

bratzillas are copycats!

I still love MH first and foremost but the Bratzillaz have grown on me.

The pros are:

They don't come apart like the MH

Their stands are much more sturdy. They are one single piece as opposed to having to pop them together and have them pop apart.

My daughter loves them and their music video.

She does play with them right along with her MH. Last night Sashabella, Jade, Sweet 1600 Draculaura, and Sweet 1600 Frankie all laid with her until she fell asleep.

I do see that it is clearly to go up against MH but as others have pointed out MH is way too popular a line not to have competition. My husband brought up a good point. Mattel hopefully pays attention to these other lines and starts making the dolls easier to find. Otherwise you will have some people who start buying other lines because of accessibility.

A pro with Bratzillaz is with competition, Mattel with try harder to make to dolls more epic, have better quality, and try to produce them better. Also I will admit I love the music video. The one with the red hair is calling me. But I'm into Novi Stars, and MH. I can't buy all these dollies. >.< 

MonsterHighMommy said:

My daughter loves them and their music video.

I do see that it is clearly to go up against MH but as others have pointed out MH is way too popular a line not to have competition.

As much as I agree that yes, they are slightly copies and are obviously MGA's answer to Monster High....

I can't agree about the whole looks thing. And agree with Justin...Black and white hair...wasn't invented by MH, neither was purple hair...and tbh I don't think pink skin was either.

No, I think you're just looking at the obvious similarities...and are forgetting the real reason people (like me) think they're the 'copy'.

1) The whole idea:

Monster High is a school for Monsters

Bratzillaz is an academy (posh word for school) for witches

I don't see much difference there.

2) The theme

they're both basically in the 'monster-horror-freaky-fashionable' theme. Which...before MH wasn't really in fashion.

3) The music video

Like...what the hell?...I look at the thumbnails on Youtube and sometimes can't tell the difference. The tune isn't the same or anything...but the video is quite similar to the fright song.

But overall I have nothing against Bratzillaz I'm actually hoping to get two of them.

Justin said:

This isn't random.  They made Bratz with black and white hair in 2005.

♫ White Cat ♫ said:

Yeah, Bratz dolls are about  fashion and stuff. I think is a little weird that they would just randomly make dolls with white and black hair, (Like frankie.) and pink skin. (like draculaura.) and ghouls rule clawdeen had purple hair like one of the bratzilla dolls. D:
dont get me wrong, I like bratz, I just think that these are copies.
Spectra&BillyLuvr said:

Okay. Guys listen. MGA decides to make dolls and weirdly they look creepy oh wait it looks just like Monster High. Just because there witches and not monsters doesnt mean there not copying. HELLOO?.. If they use the Monsters theme they could be sued. So they deside to use wiches insted. And all of a sudden they have ACTUAL feet (that fit Monster High shoes ), they can move at joints, they have scrolls insted of Diaries, they have stands, they have tatoos, pets, special powers for each one and they use " Freakingly Fabulous " on there FB page ( FYI Clawdeen has that on her INFO ) . COME ON FELLOW MONSTERS! CANT U SEE THAT THEY ARE COPYING?! gosh. #just sayin

Fact.  Anyone remember the Bratz Rock Angelz? 

Striped hair on dolls is so commonplace that I can't believe that people are using it as an "OMGMGAISCOPYINGMONSTERHIGHTHAT'SSOWRONGOMGOMG!!!111!!!" argument here.

Justin said:

♫ White Cat ♫ said:

Yeah, Bratz dolls are about  fashion and stuff. I think is a little weird that they would just randomly make dolls with white and black hair, (Like frankie.) and pink skin. (like draculaura.) and ghouls rule clawdeen had purple hair like one of the bratzilla dolls. D:
Spectra&BillyLuvr said:

Okay. Guys listen. MGA decides to make dolls and weirdly they look creepy oh wait it looks just like Monster High. Just because there witches and not monsters doesnt mean there not copying. HELLOO?.. If they use the Monsters theme they could be sued. So they deside to use wiches insted. And all of a sudden they have ACTUAL feet (that fit Monster High shoes ), they can move at joints, they have scrolls insted of Diaries, they have stands, they have tatoos, pets, special powers for each one and they use " Freakingly Fabulous " on there FB page ( FYI Clawdeen has that on her INFO ) . COME ON FELLOW MONSTERS! CANT U SEE THAT THEY ARE COPYING?! gosh. #just sayin

Yes. This exactly. I actually like them a lot and have been resisting collecting them hardcore.

Fokkusu said:

My thoughts?... well, if you really want them, here they are...

They aren't copying Monster High. I get tired of seeing people say that. They are definitely meant to compete with MH, yes; but they are all witches, not monsters. The actual dolls look nothing like Monster High dolls. The only similarity I see lies in the concept art, which was made by an artist who had previously worked on MH.

And why did you get mad? Competition is good, it means Mattel will have to make even better dolls to compete.

Also, the all-bold lettering wasn't really necessary. It's kind of hard to read.

MGA Entertainment sent me 1 of these for review :)

Except they're doing nothing illegal. All they're doing is jumping the MH band wagon. Taking ideas is different from copying. Mattel isn't doing anything extremely new and original, the MH idea has been done many times before. It just so happens they're making it popular at the moment.

Deveena Skeene said:

MGA is so stupid! they should get sued!

I won't be buying one but I must admit I like the glass eyes......

My friend's older sister has the Bratz doll with black and white hair.

Midori Fae said:

Fact.  Anyone remember the Bratz Rock Angelz? 

Striped hair on dolls is so commonplace that I can't believe that people are using it as an "OMGMGAISCOPYINGMONSTERHIGHTHAT'SSOWRONGOMGOMG!!!111!!!" argument here.

Justin said:

♫ White Cat ♫ said:

Spectra&BillyLuvr said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service