Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hey all BJD lovers /collectors.

I need some help. I was going to post this on Deviant art but I felt like I could get better answers, and nicer responses here. ( I trust you guys more )

----    I`ve been looking at a doll head and was wondering if by chance it might fit a different body.

Doll head: MigiDoll Jina (Male) click here

Doll Body: FairyLand MiniF'ee Boy Body (Active Line, muscular) click here

----- Does anyone know where I can find cheap eyes other than eBay?

I`m just starting off with BJD's and was told to start off with cheap eyes to figure out the color/design i`m going to choose. But I really hate eBay and don`t particularly trust it either.

I am also curious for a place not just for eyes but wigs and other items as well.

Thanks in advance.

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is it request only now?
When I made an account a couple of years ago it was just answer a bjd related question and wait for my account to be manually approved and activated.

I'll try and send a request, but havn't been on in a while so don't know how ;)
It really depends if dolls will come back in stock. Sometimes they're just out of stock because they've not produced as quickly as the demand could keep up and will come back in stock soon: some sites do an email stock reminder. Sometimes places do retire sculpts, but they're will generally be a notice on the site saying which ones are out of production.

If it's a series, or a limited edition and if it's out of stock, they probably won't make any more again. There's
a chance they'll run the series again the next year, or just sell the doll (without the limited accessories, clothes etc) as a nude to put into normal production at a later date, but those chances aren't as high as your next best bet- to try the second hand market and wait till a couple pop up there? :)
Hope I've helped <3

It is only by request now, I attempted to make an account not even three days ago.

The question is also there but the new thing is the request part.

Alright, thank you so much. I could send you a PM with my email address if that would be of any help.

Hopefully they will restock her, I absolutely fell in love with the doll and she was on of two i`ve found and liked.

The other was sold out and the one wasn`t at the time, I figured i`d have some time to get money saved up and I checked yesterday to find she was sold out.

I`m really praying with will run the series again, I basically only wanted the doll (full doll, head and body) with her wig. I didn`t want any faceup, or her clothes. ( I mean yeah, I did but I was more hoping to get the doll than the clothes. The clothes were not as high priority.) 

Second hand market? Sorry, I`m really new to the  BJD area and whatnot. Would that be like DoA? ( I know you can`t start trading and selling `til you reach a certain requirement) 

Or is there somewhere else you are talking about?

Sorry for so many questions, and thank you so much for your help!



AthenaPower said:

Is it request only now?
...

If a limited doll is sold out, then yeah, you'll have to buy it second-hand, such as doa's marketplace forum.

Out of curiosity, is there any other second-hand store as side from doa's marketplace that you know of?

Quinn (○´・д・)ノ Lawson said:

If a limited doll is sold out, then yeah, you'll have to buy it second-hand, such as doa's marketplace forum.

ebay, but the prices there are not cheap either. You could try Denver Doll Emporium they sell BJD's from Korea based companies and they take layaway too.

DOA has the largest marketplace that I know of. It's a huge international forum, so yeah. But you can't access that part of the forum until you've been a member for 25 days and have made 40 posts.

Other than that you can try ebay, but there really aren't that many second hand dolls on there.

I'm curious about the doll you wanted though. Sometimes companies bring back a limited doll, though this raaaarely happens.

Okay, so all I need is to see if someone will send me a request to DoA, and see if that works. (I`m really not sure if members can send requests or if it has to be a MOD or something.) I need a invitation code to be able to sign up.

About the doll I was looking at the limited version is sold out but I found that the 'basic' looks just the same, I just can`t get the wig or clothes. Which is fine, I can buy other items. Though I loved the wig. -shrug-

Now, there are two others I am looking at that are sold out and only one was labeled 'limited'.

MiniFee Chloe Full Package (Amethyst)

And Sinbi Limited

With the Chloe doll I`m really only looking for the doll, no clothes, eyes or wig is needed.

I hope all of my rambling made sense.

Nymrah said:

DOA has the largest marketplace that I know of. It's a huge international forum, so yeah. But you can't access that part of the forum until you've been a member for 25 days and have made 40 posts.

Other than that you can try ebay, but there really aren't that many second hand dolls on there.

I'm curious about the doll you wanted though. Sometimes companies bring back a limited doll, though this raaaarely happens.

I can send you an invite, but I'd need your email address for that, so if you want you can friend me and send it to me ^^

Yeah, the Chloe fullset is definitely sold out forever, but the doll itself isn't, so you could still get her ^^ The only difference is that you can't get the clothes or wig. The faceup will be largely the same.
But I don't think Crobidoll ever restocks sold out dolls or sells limited dolls as basic dolls on the side, like Fairyland does.

Great, thank you I will friend you shortly.

I have found that on Fairyland there is a way to buy specific parts of specific dolls and have found that

I can get the exact doll without the clothing and wig, which is perfect for me.

Too bad about Crobidoll but I`m thinking I can survive with the one on FL. (:

Thank you so much!

Nymrah said:

I can send you an invite, but I'd need your email address for that, so if you want you can friend me and send it to me ^^

Yeah, the Chloe fullset is definitely sold out forever, but the doll itself isn't, so you could still get her ^^ The only difference is that you can't get the clothes or wig. The faceup will be largely the same.
But I don't think Crobidoll ever restocks sold out dolls or sells limited dolls as basic dolls on the side, like Fairyland does.

new questions ^^

The head is an entirely different size. Minifee headshave a 6-7 inch circumference and the Migidoll head had a 8-9 inch circumference, which would put him in the 60cm tall category, while Minifee are in the slim 40cm category. If you want a body from Fairyland, you will have to look at the Feeple category, they are 60cm tall.

I have no idea if the resin will match though. Once you have access to DOA, you can find a lot of references and comparisons between dolls and resin, so that should help you further.

About doll eyes, I don't see why you would start cheap. Just go for whatever you like. I suggest Denverdoll, Junkyspot, Featherfall and so on. They are american and canadian dealers.

That is what I was afraid of, the heads not fitting at all.

See, I ordered my FL MNF and I`m searching for a male doll for her . (  I have characters ) and I`m not in love with any of the MNF males like I was the female I ordered. 

But, I`m thinking if I order a 60cm male it will look extremely odd standing next to a 40cm female. That is why I was like hey, maybe the head I want on a smaller body!!

True, I have been waiting patiently for DOA to accept so I can browse the forums freely. I understand their system but it drives me bonkers that I can`t look at some topics. 

Thank you so much!


Nymrah said:

The head is an entirely different size. Minifee headshave a 6-7 inch circumference and the Migidoll head had a 8-9 inch circumference, which would put him in the 60cm tall category, while Minifee are in the slim 40cm category. If you want a body from Fairyland, you will have to look at the Feeple category, they are 60cm tall.

I have no idea if the resin will match though. Once you have access to DOA, you can find a lot of references and comparisons between dolls and resin, so that should help you further.

About doll eyes, I don't see why you would start cheap. Just go for whatever you like. I suggest Denverdoll, Junkyspot, Featherfall and so on. They are american and canadian dealers.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service