Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Found the latest basic releases at BJs today - Spectra, Frankie Ver 2, Clawdeen Ver 2, Draculaura and Cupid (which they had TONS of) for 18.99 each. However, as I'd never been there before, I didn't realize they require a membership for ALL purchases, which is 50.00 for a year. Since I was buying 1 doll, I thought this was ludicrous and left. But, if you do happen to have a membership or know someone who does, it's a great place to get some basics.

Views: 527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They usually offer trial memberships, you just have to ask. It lasts about 60 days.

That would have been good to know, but the conversation I had with the manager went like this:

"Hey, it's (the automatic check out machine) asking me for a card, do I need a membership to buy this?"
"Yeah."
"Oh, I've never been here before. How much is a membership?"
"50.00 for a year."
"Are you kidding me?"
"No, 50.00 for a year."
"For 1 doll?! I don't think so!"

Had he told me about a trial, I would have stayed, but he looked like he wanted me out of there because I wasn't buying 1000 rolls of toilet paper or something...

tabwish said:

They usually offer trial memberships, you just have to ask. It lasts about 60 days.

Just curious what drew you in there if you weren't with a member and didn't know what it was?? :)

Michi Kaioh said:

That would have been good to know, but the conversation I had with the manager went like this:

"Hey, it's (the automatic check out machine) asking me for a card, do I need a membership to buy this?"
"Yeah."
"50.00 for a year."
"Are you kidding me?"
"No, 50.00 for a year."

Had he told me about a trial, I would have stayed, but he looked like he wanted me out of there because I wasn't buying 1000 rolls of toilet paper or something...

tabwish said:

I didn't realize you had to be a member to shop there. I thought it was one of those places where if you had a membership you got a better price. I was drawn in there because it's a big chain retailer and I wanted to see if they carried dolls. I check every chain store that might have toys to see if they have MH dolls, hoping beyond hope to find those few missing ones I still need for my collection...

monster mom said:

Just curious what drew you in there if you weren't with a member and didn't know what it was?? :)

Michi Kaioh said:

"Yeah."
"50.00 for a year."
"Are you kidding me?"
"No, 50.00 for a year."

tabwish said:

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service