Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

This appeared on Tumblr and on Facebook - supposedly it's legit. It's a contest on the official MH site to decide which backgrounder will get a doll in 2015 but since Gory was trademarked i can see the thing being steered towards her. Making a doll requires some planning time ahead. I Would have loved the official harpy girl though she's the second most common backgrounder after Gilda to me. It's still nice to see that they're planning to make more students from the school as dolls though.

Ryder and his wheelchair though could be a very good SDCC kind of "special" doll, with his own special box and new body mold to accomodate the wheelchair. I'm just throwing ideas out.

Views: 2980

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quill definitely should win.

Do doll releases indicate further development of Finnegan's and Quill's characters in future MH media? 

Although I'm thrilled for Finnegan's potential release, I'm also a little nervous about it - I love this guy and I just hope they get him 'right'.  I don't really want the typical MH boy physique for him, otherwise, he'll seem too much like Gil.  But I also don't want Manny's torso; Manny seems HUGE and I think that would be an awkward size for a guy in a wheelchair. 

And what's the story behind his name?  Finnegan's Wake is the name of James Joyce's final novel as well as the title of a comical Irish ballad - why the reference(s) (if there's any reason behind it)?

I think that if Mattel wants to add another vampire to the doll line, it should be a male. Not everyone has the CAM Gargoyle/Vampire kit or the Puma Boy accessory pack.

I've suspected right from that start that Gory will "magically" win. She's the cheapest to produce, therefore, I can see her being somehow the one who wins regardless of what the actual vote numbers say.

I've been puzzling over Finnegan Wake as well. It's a reference but I doubt it has any more meaning than that, it's a pun though. Fin and Wake, both watery.

Speaking of backgrounders, anyone noticed a lot of Eyera recently? I mean he has a name, and he's always in the background (that eyeball dude). I want him! I want him so bad hahah. I think he'd be fairly easy to custom but I don't care, I want an official giant eyeball doll lol.

I think the pink werecat boy is Catrine's secret crush mentioned in the Ghoul Chat box

I honestly see gory and bram as TRUs next exclusive after Rochelle and garrot (following frankie and jackson) it would make sense that two characters we've seen loads of would be made into store exclusives rather than SDCC Exclusives. I completely agree with everyone who says that Ryder is 2015s SDCC exclusive I see that happening so fast, I mean they would have he opportunity to have a huge awesome box again due to his size. I see quill being released also as SDCC exclusive tbh I think her design is so "out there" that she qualifies just as much as Ryder but I don't see her just being released on her own as an SDCC exclusive (which makes me wonder if a finnegan/quill two pack is even a possibility) I know they'll all get dolls eventually I just truly see gory as a wide release

I still say Gory is too bland to be a doll.

Maybe Quill will get a release with that faun dude? lol. or plant girl? or one of the other backgrounders.

What about the new 2-pack with Rochelle and Garrot? Only at TRU and has a new character

Triumvirate said:

Other than Meowlody & Purrsephone they have never done a regular or even store exclusive release of two brand new characters together, that's only happened so far at SDCC, so I question Gory and Bram getting released together as a 2-pack anywhere but SDCC.

And I'm not even sure I'd count Meowlody & Purrsephone in that respect because they're a package deal as twins anyway. I'm not saying it will never happen, but it hasn't happened yet. Seth & Lux Ptolemy will likely be a 2-pack as well, but again, they're likely siblings and another package deal. 

It's looking more and more like I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely think Gory and Bram fit the pattern of the SDCC 2-packs so far. 

I completely agree with what you are saying about Finnegan and Quill, though, unfortunately. I really don't want Quill to be an SDCC exclusive, though. I'd rather her get the 5-pack treatment like Gilda if not her own separate wide release. 

Monsterjools said:

I honestly see gory and bram as TRUs next exclusive after Rochelle and garrot (following frankie and jackson) it would make sense that two characters we've seen loads of would be made into store exclusives rather than SDCC Exclusives. I completely agree with everyone who says that Ryder is 2015s SDCC exclusive I see that happening so fast, I mean they would have he opportunity to have a huge awesome box again due to his size. I see quill being released also as SDCC exclusive tbh I think her design is so "out there" that she qualifies just as much as Ryder but I don't see her just being released on her own as an SDCC exclusive (which makes me wonder if a finnegan/quill two pack is even a possibility) I know they'll all get dolls eventually I just truly see gory as a wide release

Oh, nevermind. But still Gory is not really something I would see in SDCC, but then we got Scarah and she wasn't to special too besides Hoodude

Triumvirate said:

Two new characters in the same 2-pack. They don't do two new characters at once. Rochelle is not a new character. 

werecatluvr122 said:

What about the new 2-pack with Rochelle and Garrot? Only at TRU and has a new character

Triumvirate said:

Other than Meowlody & Purrsephone they have never done a regular or even store exclusive release of two brand new characters together, that's only happened so far at SDCC, so I question Gory and Bram getting released together as a 2-pack anywhere but SDCC.

And I'm not even sure I'd count Meowlody & Purrsephone in that respect because they're a package deal as twins anyway. I'm not saying it will never happen, but it hasn't happened yet. Seth & Lux Ptolemy will likely be a 2-pack as well, but again, they're likely siblings and another package deal. 

It's looking more and more like I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely think Gory and Bram fit the pattern of the SDCC 2-packs so far. 

I completely agree with what you are saying about Finnegan and Quill, though, unfortunately. I really don't want Quill to be an SDCC exclusive, though. I'd rather her get the 5-pack treatment like Gilda if not her own separate wide release. 

Monsterjools said:

Personally I want Gory just because I want more villains, especially since they seem to be trying to make-over Toralie's image like the did Cleo.

That would be cool if Nefera comes back to MH not just there doing what she does. I would like her to have maybe a person to be her friend or something.

Triumvirate said:

I'd like more villians too, but you know as soon as they make Gory into a doll they'll start to tweak her character to make her more likable and sympathetic too just as they did with Cleo and Toralei. Not that I have a problem with that, because I like a villian with some depth and some humanity, but then they'll have to make a fourth villianess to fill the void after Gory goes good. Or really they just need to bring Nefera back. Scarah's diary said Nefera cheated and would likely have to return to Monster High to earn her high school diploma fairly. 

Rodimus Knight said:

Personally I want Gory just because I want more villains, especially since they seem to be trying to make-over Toralie's image like the did Cleo.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service