Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Sometimes I feel too old to be collecting dolls.  I'm 28 years old and I love collecting Monster High dolls (currently have 16 and looking for more), Jem dolls, action figures...etc  But how old is too old?  Or are you ever too old?

How old are you and what do you think?? 

Let's use this to see what the average age of a Monster High fan is!

Views: 3666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm 24, and just got married. I started collecting just after Christmas this year, and I own 34 of these crazy awesome dolls. I have 6 on the way in the mail, and have started customizing! I don't think you're ever too old to collect dolls, a lot of others compare it to collecting figures or stamps or something, and that's totally true! Just because your subject matter is different, it doesn't make it any less of a collecting hobby. My husband likes to tease me about it, but he's on the internet every night downloading songs to remix off Beatport, and has his DJ equipment all over the house. We like to joke around, but we know that each one of us needs something of our own. It's all about acceptance!
oh wow, you are definitely never too old. I mean, granted i'm 21, but I still watch disney princess movies, I watch Barbie movies (mostly with my sister), I collect Belle dolls, I go to WWE wrestling shows and collect figures. There isn't an age limit, and the older you get the more you can appreciate and take care of the figures you collect. Nobody can tell you you're too old to buy monster high dolls, honestly! :)
We should be soo thankful for MH dolls and other dolls, they light up your life!!!
I've got a lot of WWE figures too, and I don't think there's anything to feel bad about it :)

Anne Marie Voelker said:
oh wow, you are definitely never too old. I mean, granted i'm 21, but I still watch disney princess movies, I watch Barbie movies (mostly with my sister), I collect Belle dolls, I go to WWE wrestling shows and collect figures. There isn't an age limit, and the older you get the more you can appreciate and take care of the figures you collect. Nobody can tell you you're too old to buy monster high dolls, honestly! :)
Yeah, besides MH dolls I have Jem dolls, action figures and one Twilight Edward Ken doll.
I love this post. I am 23 years old and me and my best friend/sister, same age,also collect these dolls. we started with Bratz when we were around 16.We saw MH and instantly fell in live with them and WE ARE NOT ASHAMED AT ALL. We don't plan on stopping anytime soon. :)

Triumvirate... a creamer?

Anyway, I'm 38 and I love my dolls.  I use to just talk to my mom about collecting them and wishing in books.  Then one day I bought my first barbie for collecting and then it all snowballed from there.  I dug out my old Jem dolls that I never could part with.  And I'm glad I didn't.  I wake up every morning looking at them and they put a smile on my face first thing in the morning.  Now I have Monster High dolls with them, because honestly, they are just a wacky as my Jem dolls.  (and I have two twilight dolls with them as well. Victoria and Bella as barbie thank god.  I'm not a big twilight fan but I do like vampires which is why I bought them.  I have all but Jacob but only two out of the box.).  I ramble but I have a friend in TX that has many more dolls and she is older than me.  And she said and I agree, You can grow old, but you don’t have to grow up.

26 Here :-)
Im "As old as time itself" an I love collectiing MH dolls I used to collect alot of G.I-Joe and StarWars toys but got tired of it as the low quality of those toys got to me.So I started collecting MH and havnt looked back.

Up to now, of the 35 responders that disclosed their ages, we have an average age of....

.....*drum roll*.....

26 years old!!!   Awesome!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!  I've tried to explain collecting and I've gotten some strange looks and oookays.. but they don't know what they're missing out on! :)

Tyna Verhoeff-van Ruitenburg said:

Tomorrow I will turn 39 and I'm a doll collector for 20 years, I have Barbies, Jem dolls, Living Dead dolls, Ellowyne Wilde, Gene, a couple of BJd's and Monster High!!

I personally think you never have to feel to young or old to collect or love something!!

I once tried to explain to a non-collector how happy it makes you to add something to your collection, how much joy that brings you... he didn't get it...

Love your collection!!

And the great thing about collecting is, is that people always have something to give you for your birthday!!

My husband and daughter have Spectra and DotD Ghoulia waiting for me... sweet!!!

I'm 21 but I love so much the "Monster High Dolls" <33

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service