Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Don't get me wrong, I personally love MH, more than I think my 6 year old does, since I feel I started this whole obsession anyways. But I've been losing interest in collecting them... mostly because it's become impossible to find them... I went from wanting every single doll, to wanting only new characters... My daughter has almost 70... and I'm just not feeling the love anymore with MH... When a new doll is announced it becomes more like "oh god, not another one, i just paid my credit card bill off" instead of the old "omg! a new doll! a new line, must have!"... 

My daughter and I still love the MH dolls we have, and we're excited to get Jinafire, Catrine, and Bloodgood, but other than that, neither of us feel all that drawn to owning every single one... I think it was the exclusives and scalpers that ruined it for us... hunting isn't as fun as it once was...

I may be alone in this, I just wondered if anyone else felt burnt out on them... 

Views: 1353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since it is after Christmas now I am hoping to find Jinafire rather easily, and hopefully another Skelita so I can return the one we have, her hair is just awful. I promised my husband I would take it easy on the collecting, I didn't tell him that I was already losing interest anyways... 

I too realize, man with the amount of money i spent on these dolls we could have gone to Paris, stayed a week and come back and still have money left over, lol.  But i am like the others here, really, ANOTHER Frankie....and when i go to the stores im a sucker "OMG I GOTTA HAVE HER" but then at home i feel guilty cuz it is a collection for MYSELF and not my daughter....shes happier now with the lalaloopsy dolls anyway...so im trying to slowly wean myself...I think it may be too much influence you know...everyones got it so i gotta have it too.  >.br/>
Charlize's Mom said:

Since it is after Christmas now I am hoping to find Jinafire rather easily, and hopefully another Skelita so I can return the one we have, her hair is just awful. I promised my husband I would take it easy on the collecting, I didn't tell him that I was already losing interest anyways... 

same here, this collection started out mostly with my daughter, i give them to her to play with... with the exception of scarah and hoodude... those are up on a shelf just to look at, lol. but it was becoming painfully obvious that this was mostly for me, and thats a good thing... she still loves MH, but with it being mostly me, I can cut back, and she isn't going to care all that much... she is focusing more on her lala's too... which is cool because she isn't messing up her MH dolls as much, and you can't mess up a lala's hair, lol.

Lily Raccoon said:

I too realize, man with the amount of money i spent on these dolls we could have gone to Paris, stayed a week and come back and still have money left over, lol.  But i am like the others here, really, ANOTHER Frankie....and when i go to the stores im a sucker "OMG I GOTTA HAVE HER" but then at home i feel guilty cuz it is a collection for MYSELF and not my daughter....shes happier now with the lalaloopsy dolls anyway...so im trying to slowly wean myself...I think it may be too much influence you know...everyones got it so i gotta have it too.  >.br/>
Charlize's Mom said:

I started only April of this year so maybe I still get excited by seeing new dolls since I'm relatively a new collector still opposed to those who have been collecting since the beginning. I won't lie that I spent a good amount of change and some to have a complete collection in MIB condition (every doll to the current releases) +  a pretty sizable loose collection of dolls just to play with.

I will say I'm pretty exhausted at this point of all the new releases of the same doll and wish they would give some other characters some love. I like that were seeing a come back of Lagoona but they could stand to leave Frankie and especially Draculaura out of a few lines but I suppose since Frankie is their "main" character and Draculaura sells well, those 2 will remain in most of the new lines.

I have tried not getting every doll but every time I see a new line I can't help it, the BF is pretty adamant that I slow down since were running out of space for all the boxed dolls. 

The overpopulating releases is whats killing me. this is what happens. Oct 2011 skull shores came out, Nov 2011 sweet 1600 came out, along with toralei. December, B and W frankie came out. January, Opperetta and Nefera came out. Febuary Cupid came out. March, The werecats and werewolf sisters came out, april was jackson and rochelle. Then may came roller maze, then june came dot dead gorgeous, July-August came robecca and venus, and the ghouls rule dolls. September came Dance class, then October 2012 came Ghouls rule abbey, and scary tales, then november-December came scaris, picture day, and ghouls alive. See? 3-7 dolls each month! this is crazy! They need to space out the dolls releases like they do with la dee da. They came out with 8 dolls. gave us 4 months to collect those, then came out with 2 more lines to try to collect. which is garden tea party, and juicy crush. I would say releasing 8 dolls every 3-4 months, is pretty managable.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service