Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Hey guys, new photo mod here *waves*

So, i'm in the process of working through the backlog but this means photo submissions should be back up in the next week or so. There's over 1000 photos to be approved and sadly, a lot aren't appropriate.

So i'd like to take this opportunity to ask a few things of our users.

Uploading photos is awesome, but please stick to these guidelines and you'll find your work will be approved so much faster.

1: Make sure it's Monster High related. That means no photos of your dog, no art of MLP or Adventure time or whatever other fandom you like. post your MH art by all means, and photos of your mh dolls, so long as it's MH related in some way it'll likely be approved. I fi  reject it and you think I made a mistake, resubmit and include in the description an explanation of what the image is of (EG: This is my Monster High OC such and such). If it isn't MH related, use the groups or your own profile to show it off.

2: Make sure it's APPROPRIATE. But this I mean, please don't try to submit dolls in compromising positions. I will not approve any photos that feature dolls in suggestive poses if I can help it, it's just inappropriate. Same with art, keep it kid friendly ok?

3: Please remember to title your images and rotate them so they aren't sideways or upside down. Just makes things easier to find and makes things look prettier.

4: Please don't upload stock images or photos. So many people upload the same stock images, it ends up cluttering the place up and makes extra work for me having to go find all the duplicates. It also opens the door for leaked images which we want to avoid. Mattel are protective of their products and take leaked images very seriously. Don't get us in trouble please.

So blanket rule, don't upload stock images to the photo section.
Likewise, no mattel showroom images, for much the same reason. Leave that to the official sources please.

5: Do NOT post images of yourself or friends. No faces ok? The reason we ask this is due to internet security. Now, we have a lot of underaged users here and we want to keep this place a safe environment for them. That means no information that could be used to identify you. So please don't post any photos that show your face. In order to be fair and to be on the safeside, i'm making this a blanket rule. Even if you're over age, I won't approve a photo that features someone's real face.

6: Only post your OWN work. No images you found on flickr/google/deviantart. Only your own stuff please.

7: If while i'm going through the approval system, I notice more than 3 unrelated images by a single user, i'm going to click "delete all", which means even if you DID have something MH related in the queue, it's getting deleted along with the spam.

So do try not to upload irrelevant stuff, it just slows everything down for everyone.

And that about sums it up. Have fun sharing your photos and fanart! We love to see them.

Views: 356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks PM!
Keep in mind that u can upload your collection of Howdy Duty doll pics or whatever to your own groups.
Our host, Ning, says groups will be awesome in the next update.

Horay for awesome!

So glad this is back! I am going to upload some of mine tomorrow :-)

hay

Oooh boy, you've got your work cut out for you, Monk. @_@ However, I wish to address one small thing: art done by another of your OCs. In the past, if it was your character and you give credit to the original artist, it was fine to submit. Does this still hold?

I think Kitsune, as long as you 1: have permission from the artist (Some are cool with you sharing their art elsewhere, others get a bit annoyed) and 2: always credit and link back to them it should be ok. Just make sure you run it by the artist first.

I note already people are trying to upload holiday snaps and baby photos -_- seriously people? seriously?

We aren't a photo hosting site, Monster high related or get out. Grrr

Lmao soo true.Kinda like K-mart advertising for Black Friday/X-mas sales.Seriously.Happy you are here purple_monkfish.Yay!I'll go find my pics now.
Is posting photos back up? I ask because I've tried every way possible and nothing goes thru. Is there something else I have to do?

Photos are back, if yours aren't getting through please refer to the rules again and ask yourself "am I breaking any of these?"

If you still don't understand why i'm not accepting your images, please contact me and we'll see if we can clear the issue up. I doubt there's a server issue, more likely, it's just that what you uploaded broke a rule somewhere. Reread the rules, fix any issue, try again. Good luck!

doubledeckersoulwrecker said:

Is posting photos back up? I ask because I've tried every way possible and nothing goes thru. Is there something else I have to do?
It rejects it in seconds of me sending, no matter if its the simple uploader, or email. Its the same message i got when there was no one accepting pics. Ive sent a pic off of my phone of my collection and other MH dolls and its always the same. I did already send you a FR and a message, but im sure you get tons of messages from everyone here. Id really like to resolve this, i cant even change my stock id pic

purple_monkfish said:

Photos are back, if yours aren't getting through please refer to the rules again and ask yourself "am I breaking any of these?"

If you still don't understand why i'm not accepting your images, please contact me and we'll see if we can clear the issue up. I doubt there's a server issue, more likely, it's just that what you uploaded broke a rule somewhere. Reread the rules, fix any issue, try again. Good luck!

doubledeckersoulwrecker said:

Let me know what steps i can take to figure this out. I belong to other forums(cars, hotrods) and have no problem uploading to the other sites. Some setting is possibly wrong??? Thanks for the help

Oh that is odd, So you upload and it immediately rejects? Unless myself or Stu are online that shouldn't happen, it should go into a moderation queue. Only time it might seem instant is if I happen to be online and go "click, accept" but that's unlikely to happen every single time. Hmmm. Have you tried uploading a single image? Upload one thing and tell me what it does. I'll accept your fr and we'll see if we can sort this.

Edit> Ooo note you finally got it to upload! What a cool collection! And no, not seen those images pop into my mod queue previously so there's gotta be some issue in the upload process. How strange. Let me know if you keep encountering problems with the uploader.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service