Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

From Amazon :

• Following mons-tradition, the bad seed of the Corpse Flower, Amanita Nightshade, likes her naps and awakens every 1,300 years or so, and this is the year!
  • Making every other flower in the garden look like a weed, this model/fashion designer is sure grow on the ghouls of Monster High
  • Her gore-geous dress creates quite a ?stink? designed in her signature colors of green and purple and with garden-inspired elements like ruffled sleeves and a floral print on the sheer, flowing skirt
  • Uhhhh-mazing accessories include clawesome jewelry, a hair-raising headpiece, scary sweet bag, fingerless gloves and to-die-for shoes that have creepy cool climbing vines for heels
  • Doll comes with her modeling portfolio (with signed headshot) and diary with extra-gory details about her un-life

Once, every 1,300 years, the Corpse Flower blooms -- and this is the year! Following mons-tradition, the bad seed of the Corpse Flower, Amanita Nightshade, will wake up too! Making every other flower in the garden look like a weed, she is sure to grow on the ghouls of Monster High. Her gore-geous dress creates quite a “stink” designed with her cultivated style and in her signature colors of green and purple. Garden-inspired skelements include ruffles, pleats and sheer fabric. Flowers and leaves of poisonous plants decorate her flowing skirt and uhhhh-mazing accessories that include clawesome jewellery, a hair-raising headpiece, scary sweet bag and to-die-for shoes that have creepy cool climbing vines for heels. And the fingerless gloves “really” grow on you. A model/fashion designer, Amanita Nightshade, comes with her modeling portfolio (with signed headshot) and a diary with extra-gory details about her unique un-life. Able to turn photosynthesis into photo-genius, girls will love adding this character to their Monster High collection for monster play and display! Includes doll wearing fashion and accessories, portfolio/headshot and diary. Ages 6 and older.

No images yet, but I'm interested to see how she turns out!  She appears to be like Jane Boolittle or Casta Fierce, a single-pack standalone new character doll.

Views: 2440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She sounds cool, I really can't wait to see pictures!

i hope her skirt has the shape of an inverted corpse flower
she is totally related to the Gloom and Bloom line

I'm excited she's a model - we've been missing one in the MH universe, but fashion designer... i think we have enough of them already

For starters, I'm happy she's not a singer. The description sounds very interesting and I agree with Triumvirate about the 'Clawvenus 2.0' vibe of this.

With Casta, her backstory indicates she's a one-off (of course one can never be sure) and her headmold was re-used from the CaM Witch. From the sounds of it Amanita will be one-off too (she'll probably go back to her 1,300 year nap, haha) so I wonder if she'll get a re-used headmold and if so, who's will it be?

And also, will she be on the adult body aswell?

Great name!  I'm very interested to see what she looks like, especially having my favourite colour-combination (green and purple); it's just a pity she's based on the 'flower' I detest above all others!  :p  Hopefully she won't smell quite as badly as it does.

Huh, she sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing her. A model that only awakens every 1300 years though sounds like somebody that would have almost supernatural beauty and I really hope theyre able to translate that into doll form or else it will be a bit of a let down. I mean, supernatural beauty is hard to do with a piece of plastic but it will be lame if she just looks like another run-of-the-mill monster high doll, she should pop a bit and stand out from the crowd.

1300 it's just because they have to make thousands of years of everything to make it sound un-normal... don't forget draculaura sweet 16 became 1600. I'm ok if she's a one-off, although i think we'll get another Casta too... and even another Amanita if she sells well..

Awww yissss~!

I've been waiting so very patient for another plant-based Ghoul to appear. I cannot wait for the pictures of her, very excited! That and I hope she sticks around for a bit, would be great if she wasn't a one-off.

Claws crossed!

Sounds quite interesting!  Can't wait to see pictures of her!

From her description, I think she is part of the Bloom and Gloom line. The description of what she wears sounds like what Jane and Venus are wearing. Especially the shoes. Perhaps she will be part of a new special.

I'm with you, I can't wait to see what she'll look like! I too wonder if we may see two of these releases this year, since so far they have been succesfull, and usually Mattel ups the number of something succesfull, haha!

You also make a good point about her being exclusive. I know Catty, Jane and Casta were not released in my country and that's usually what happens with exclusives, but I don't think in the US they were a specific store exclusive. Amanita could be, and then a second character released like this may be a general release, more towards the end of the year.

On another note, I'm also still curious about the potential deluxe Frankie and Ghoulia for Haunted. I think I remember a reliable source mentioned these here (Brian perhaps?), but I haven't been succesfull at trying to find that post back, so now I'm questioning if I remember that correctly. Do you remember such a post?

Triumvirate said:

Every day I'm scouring the fandom waiting for a first image of Amanita to show up and it's kind of torture. I'm wondering if she's the next Catty/Casta type of release, and if so she'd be the first one released for Spring, which makes me wonder if they might actually do a Spring and Fall release of that type in 2015 instead of just one in the Fall?

There has been some talk about whether Amanita might a store exclusive or not. The fact that no pictures have been shown could support that, because the store exclusives do tend to get later reveals than wide release items. But I'm thinking Gloom and Bloom is this year's replacement for Secret Keepers, though, and follows the same format as Ghouls Night Out/Catty, and Amanita will be the replacement for Jane (who is also in Gloom & Bloom interestingly enough) but with more a Catty style release while Jane's was more of a true basic. That's how my brain works whether or not that explanation makes sense to anyone else - lol.

So, anyway, I want to see her already!

Aha, that explains, thanks for clearing that up! I made the exact same assumption then, that it was info revealed rather then a question. And especially when artwork for Rochelle was found, everyone (including me) was waiting for the other artwork of the two remaining characters.

I think I missed the post from Operetta Fan, but it makes alot of sense aswell. If there were more dolls to Haunted they would've been known now. Unless Mattel decides to go 'Scaris' on us, and a surprise two-pack store exclusive is suddenly released between now and a few weeks. But I doubt it because we're allready getting the Scarisian Vacation two-pack.

Anyway, I'm taking them off my list of potential dolls, haha, keeping things neatly organized :D

Triumvirate said:

I remember that post but don't know where it is. All Brian said was something like "Why didn't they show the third Haunted line?" and then based on the description speculation started that a third line would include Frankie, Ghoulia, and Rochelle. But no one ever said anything about specific characters. Anyway, Operetta Fan just cleared this up and said that there are no more Haunted reveals coming, actually. So, no Frankie and Ghoulia, no third Haunted line. I'm thinking now that maybe Brian was just asking a question and I took it that he was revealing something.

Mighoula Scaremeyer said:

On another note, I'm also still curious about the potential deluxe Frankie and Ghoulia for Haunted. I think I remember a reliable source mentioned these here (Brian perhaps?), but I haven't been succesfull at trying to find that post back, so now I'm questioning if I remember that correctly. Do you remember such a post?

Amanita isn't going to be a store exclusive; Amazon doesn't upload full descriptions for those ahead of time as the listings are set up by third party vendors.  For example, see the listing for Rochelle and Garrot, which is a TRU exclusive.  She is a release along the lines of Jane Boolittle, Catty Noir and Casta Fierce; a standalone enhancement to the line. 

They aren't generally stocked by smaller stores because of price point and box size; it also seems that internationally some distributors vie for exclusive release.  Since most Euro countries account individually for less than 1% of Mattel's overall sales, it's probably easier for them to negotiate exclusivity to drive sales.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service