Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

That straightening a dolls' hair its kinda like a sin? I mean
I like to think that included in the dolls price i also get the hair styling techniques that i surely would not be able to replicate (think industrial curls, or gelled mohawks, or braids)... i'm sure it would not be a problem for anyone who can replicate those airstyles but to me... "changing" whatever was their original design (hair included) it's just wrong :( i would never do that. Maybe try to "improve" curls - i did this once - they were kinda loose, but... i'm seeing stuff like EAH with straightened hairs and i'm thinking "why would anyone do that???" they got curls, it's part of their character!!! maybe it's just me being a little OCD i don't know but i'd like to know if there's anyone out there like me who just would NEVER touch a dolls air

Views: 410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have fun making a character more my own through her hair :)

I wouldn't do it, only because I'm not that good with styling hair lol. But if people can fix it or if they'd prefer it straight then go for it =)

I've straightened hair on mine to make it less likely to tangle and a bit more versatile. I can see the argument against it, but in the end I can change my dolls to my own preferences.

I like leaving the curls in. (: I looooove playing with Apple and Maddie's curls. It's so cute and fun! I wish I could do that with my own hair, lol.

There are some dolls that I re-did their hair. Like my 1600 Frankie. I kind of regret it though because I did love her original hair.

see that's my point. Usually people regret doing this because they cant restyle them again. Why do it in the first place and risk it's my opinion

kikikream said:

I like leaving the curls in. (: I looooove playing with Apple and Maddie's curls. It's so cute and fun! I wish I could do that with my own hair, lol.

There are some dolls that I re-did their hair. Like my 1600 Frankie. I kind of regret it though because I did love her original hair.

Same here, I do that with my favorite characters so they feel like MY doll rather than A doll. :)

Draculad said:

I have fun making a character more my own through her hair :)

the only time i made a dolls hair different was with a dead tired lagoona. I didn't like the ponytail, so i let her hair down and brushed it and it looks way better.

I just don't do it because first of all I'm stupid when it comes to doing boil perms or anything like that to a dolls hair.
Not only that I've become a super impatient person(and I hate that) so I really can't sit down for a day and just do curls or anything to a dolls hair because I'll just end up frustrated and end up crying ._. so I just leave it as is.Unless it's horrible box hair then that needs some fixing.

Nick, I agree with you. The only time I will straighten an MH girls hair is when her curls have gotten extremely frizzy and/or matted, and the only option I have to save it is to straighten it. Or if I have two copies of the same doll and want to use the "backup" doll to play around with her hair. I did give my Skelita a boil perm even though her hair was in pretty good condition, but in that situation I was adding curls, not taking any away, and imo she looked just as good with curls as she did without. Plus it greatly improved the texture of her hair in general. I also gave my GR Draculaura a boil straighten, but I kind of hated her curls and wanted them gone. And again, it greatly improved the quality and texture of her hair. But otherwise, if at all possible I like to leave my doll's hair as is. A great example is my Apple White doll -- I love her curls and would never want to lose them! I would only consider it if the texture got out of control and I had no other choice.

I love brushing and styling the hair on my dolls. The only time I do not is if its nice and curled. If its just straight or in a ponytail or something, there is a good chance I'm going to brush it out and play around with it to see what sort of style I can put it in. I also find it a great way to relax after a long day at work.

I usually leave my dolls hair alone but did attempt to boil straighten my wave 1 DT Draculaura's pigtails because I saw how cute her hair was when it was down, but it's sticking out at the sides and won't go down :( How do I get her hair like this?: http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/fenneki/6904050826/
You can't,it's rooted to stick up like that there is no other option sadly.

Patricia Ferry said:
I usually leave my dolls hair alone but did attempt to boil straighten my wave 1 DT Draculaura's pigtails because I saw how cute her hair was when it was down, but it's sticking out at the sides and won't go down :( How do I get her hair like this?: http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/fenneki/6904050826/

RSS

© 2020   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service