Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

My sister was out looking at dolls today and she went up and asked the clerk for help finding the dolls she was looking for. He asked in a mocking tone if the dolls were for her. She said no that they were for her sister (me). He then asked her how old I was and she told him 24. He rolled his eyes and said "ridiculous," he then proceeded to be dismissive and not help her at all.


Aside from being extremely unprofessional I also think that he was being quite judgmental. I mean it kind of makes you think: what really makes and adult? As an adult it's okay for me to enjoy some things and not others? These unspoken "rules" or societal norms seem awfully arbitrary and random to me.


I'm going to be who I am and like what I want to like and make no apologies to anyone.


What do you guys think about all the adults out there who openly embrace and nurture their inner child?


And have any of you guys experienced weird judgmental people while out shopping for MH dolls or products?

Views: 5514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wtf what an idiot. I'm 21 and I collect them for myself, but no ones said anything yet. But still, you and other adults have every right to collect these dolls! =) 

You should tell your sister to report that dolt to the manager. They can't do that. (My mom works retail and if a co-worker of hers did that they got their rears kicked.)

Thanks, I agree completely. I mean even he felt that way he still is working at a business and was being VERY rude to a customer.

Boomunki said:

Wtf what an idiot. I'm 21 and I collect them for myself, but no ones said anything yet. But still, you and other adults have every right to collect these dolls! =) 

i would write an email to the store's customer support center. tell them about your rude associate experience, maybe get a gift card out of the ordeal.

I asked my sis if she talked to his manager but she said she was so tired from X-mas shopping and the store was so crazy she just left and didn't buy anything...but if he's rude to my sister like that I bet he treats other customers the same. I know that if I talked to a customer like that when I worked retail, I would have been in BIG trouble, lol!

Storm Uchiha said:

You should tell your sister to report that dolt to the manager. They can't do that. (My mom works retail and if a co-worker of hers did that they got their rears kicked.)

Agreeing with Peloria or call Human Resources or ask to speak to a district manager.

 

Trust me he can't get away with it and he shouldn't have been asking those questions or have been mocking. People get written up for that behavior.

Shimmeree said:

Thanks, I agree completely. I mean even he felt that way he still is working at a business and was being VERY rude to a customer.

Boomunki said:

Wtf what an idiot. I'm 21 and I collect them for myself, but no ones said anything yet. But still, you and other adults have every right to collect these dolls! =) 

Hey, that's a GREAT idea (don't know why I didn't think of that, lol)! Thanks :)

Peloría said:

i would write an email to the store's customer support center. tell them about your rude associate experience, maybe get a gift card out of the ordeal.

I've had a coworker call me a hoarder ( only because she lacks any imagination and has no hobbies or interests of her own.  I love my MH dolls.. To me they are just an extension of my personality. Take it or leave it, I could care less what people think.

Well, I'm 26 yrs. old, and I've never had anyone be rude, but my boyfriend teases me because it seems that most times I buy a MH doll the person behind the register asks me if I want a gift receipt, and I always have to say "um...no thanks...it's for me..." and the checkout person usually giggles to themselves, and they never ask when we buy other stuff, just specifically for the dolls.  The best was probably when I bought Skull Shores Ghoulia at Justice, the cashier asked if I wanted to leave an email address so I could get future coupons in the mail, so I gave her my email, and then she says "ok, and what's her birthday?" and once again I had to say, um...it's for me, and my birthday is....., so yeah this seems to be an endless source of amusement for my bf, but I can't say I've ever been actually upset by it, it's just kind of funny.

I'm 21 years old and I have not. I always ask for gift receipts and if I have to return a doll or exchange it, I just make up a story and say "It wasn't the one my friend/cousin/boyfriend's niece (who isn't even old enough, but they don't know that), etc. wanted." or something like that. I have encountered very friendly people. This one guy at Wal-Mart was extremely helpful. There wasn't a tag for the basic dolls and I wanted to see if they had any dolls in the back so he ended up going into the back and came back telling me that the pallet was empty, but he was the first Wal-Mart employee to even help me. I was at a Wal-Mart late at night and no employees were around. I even asked the service desk to call someone and no one ever came to help. My boyfriend and I waited AT LEAST 15 minutes. There were no employees anywhere and the store was pretty much dead! I haven't had a problem at Target. There have been some really helpful employees and I have been very lucky that I haven't been judged. At TRU, I ask if they have anymore dolls or if I could see what's in a box on top and they gladly help me.

I have been very fortunate that I haven't been judged.

I'm 27 and I have most (not ALL) the dolls that've been released. I don't have any of the Sweet 1600 yet, don't have Operetta or Toralei, and I've only been able to get Abby, Ghoulia and Gill in the Skull Shores line. When I go to a store to buy the dolls, I'm sometimes asked by the cashier if I want a gift receipt and I say no. Often, I get questions about how many MH dolls there are and if they're really popular (that question is a lot less frequent lately based on the insanity of Walmart and the other stores having their MH shelves wiped out constantly.), and I answer. If someone asks if it's for my daughter or niece, I answer truthfully. I have no kids and I don't know my nieces, the dolls are for me. I collect them. I get iffy looks, but then I say "I also collect Transformers." and I'm left alone. It probably helps that I tend to show up at the store with a Transformers messenger bag as my purse and a Batman hoodie to stay warm.

You can be treated miserably by employees and fellow shoppers for buying them for yourself and let their comments get to you, OR you can do what I do and realize everyone has their "quirk" or thing they're all about and mine just happens to be Monster High dolls. If they feel like giving you lip for it, don't be afraid to give them a dose of snark served with a smile. Help a little kid before you help yourself and you'll have done your good deed for the day. No reason to be ashamed if you collect MH dolls as an adult. I caught some flack at a WM a week or so ago when I found the Skull Shores line because the way the aisle is laid out, there's a pole in the middle and I didn't have a shopping cart or a basket, but some "lady" got huffy because I picked up 3 of the 8 SS dolls on the peg and did a happy dance and maybe I grabbed one she wanted. Don't know and don't care.

If an employee is rude to you about it, take note of the name on their badge as well as a physical description of them and the time you encountered them and email the customer service of the store. Be sure to mention that their employees are an extension of the brand and if the employee is rude and makes you walk out without buying anything, it sours your outlook on the entire chain. Also, say "For every 1 comment you guys see from customers, there are 10 more that leave the store and don't tell you but they do tell their friend of their experience.". Be sympathetic and empathetic but also remain firm. There's NO excuse for a rude employee just because you're a grown up that's buying dolls to collect.

See, no one has ever asked me who they were for or anything. I just kinda not care anymore, but most of the time I will ask for a gift receipt just out of habit. I don't want people to know they are for me because I don't like being interrogated, but on the other hand, I don't mind if people do because collecting dolls isn't the worst hobby in the world. I just keep it on the down low. Only my boyfriend and my mom and a friend know I collect the dolls, though I think one of my other friends who I work with has caught on. lol But it's not like I want to shout out to the world, "HEY LOOK AT ME!!! I LOVE MONSTER HIGH!!!!"

GinnaKaboom said:

I'm 27 and I have most (not ALL) the dolls that've been released. I don't have any of the Sweet 1600 yet, don't have Operetta or Toralei, and I've only been able to get Abby, Ghoulia and Gill in the Skull Shores line. When I go to a store to buy the dolls, I'm sometimes asked by the cashier if I want a gift receipt and I say no. Often, I get questions about how many MH dolls there are and if they're really popular (that question is a lot less frequent lately based on the insanity of Walmart and the other stores having their MH shelves wiped out constantly.), and I answer. If someone asks if it's for my daughter or niece, I answer truthfully. I have no kids and I don't know my nieces, the dolls are for me. I collect them. I get iffy looks, but then I say "I also collect Transformers." and I'm left alone. It probably helps that I tend to show up at the store with a Transformers messenger bag as my purse and a Batman hoodie to stay warm.

You can be treated miserably by employees and fellow shoppers for buying them for yourself and let their comments get to you, OR you can do what I do and realize everyone has their "quirk" or thing they're all about and mine just happens to be Monster High dolls. If they feel like giving you lip for it, don't be afraid to give them a dose of snark served with a smile. Help a little kid before you help yourself and you'll have done your good deed for the day. No reason to be ashamed if you collect MH dolls as an adult. I caught some flack at a WM a week or so ago when I found the Skull Shores line because the way the aisle is laid out, there's a pole in the middle and I didn't have a shopping cart or a basket, but some "lady" got huffy because I picked up 3 of the 8 SS dolls on the peg and did a happy dance and maybe I grabbed one she wanted. Don't know and don't care.

If an employee is rude to you about it, take note of the name on their badge as well as a physical description of them and the time you encountered them and email the customer service of the store. Be sure to mention that their employees are an extension of the brand and if the employee is rude and makes you walk out without buying anything, it sours your outlook on the entire chain. Also, say "For every 1 comment you guys see from customers, there are 10 more that leave the store and don't tell you but they do tell their friend of their experience.". Be sympathetic and empathetic but also remain firm. There's NO excuse for a rude employee just because you're a grown up that's buying dolls to collect.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service