Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Since the reveal of Clawdia there hasn't been much love / appreciation for her, design wise. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and this thread is in no way meant to offend those who don't like her or dismiss their opinions. It's just that I really love her and I know I'm not the only one. So Clawdia fans, what makes you like / love her?

For me, it's the Farrah Fawcett hairdo, the stylish yet a bit dorky style and the character unique grin with molded fangs (especially the molded fangs, great touch).

What I also really, really love about her, though it could just be me, is the fact that she's in Londoom. This to me is the ultimate nod to one of the best horror classics in the werewolf genre 'An American Werewolf in London'. I don't know if this was intentional or a coincidence, but I really love that! Did anyone else think this is a nod to that movie aswell?

Views: 332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't get the Clawdia hate myself.  I think she's fabulous!  I like how she is a positive figure for the rest of the ghouls to look up to; a big sister who isn't pre-occupied with tormenting her siblings.  Clawdia appears to be intelligent, educated, yet still stylish.  I actually like the molded fangs, too.

Oh, I never noticed the possible An American Werewolf In London connection!  If this is indeed a nod to that movie, whoever thought of it is quite clever!

I in fact really love Clawdia! I like her cheesy smile and that she's a great big sister! She reminds me of one of those big sister you can always talk to!!:)

*Raises hand* I love Clawdia. Her smile is contagious, she is cheerful, and a really great addition to our cast of characters. She doesn't look like Clawdeen at all which is really cool, it would be very easy for Mattel to half-ass her and make her look like a grown up copycat of Clawdeen, but thankfully they didn't. Her smile can also look appropriately creepy, though, from certain angles. Her "nerdy"/ ladylike fashion sense is a total contrast to her fashionista siblings, which is also cool and fitting since she is a grown up.

I like her smile because it makes her different, so please Mattel, DON'T give a smile to more dolls from now on. Let this be a Clawdia-only thing, it will also make her less unique if someone else gets her "trademark". I still like the smile on Clawdia, but I don't want to see it in any more dolls.

As for the people calling her "unnecessary" and "useless", I can only say that A) we don't know her role in the movie yet but I doubt that she will have none, unlike Catrine, who also got a doll... but hardly any lines, and B) I didn't see half of all that hate when Howleen appeared. Howleen was also "just another werewolf", "just another member of the Wolf family" and she isn't particularly "useful" or "necessary". But I didn't see any hate on her. So why the hate on Clawdia?

I thought she was amazing when they first did the reveal; she just has this dorky lovableness to her that you can't ignore.  I'm excited for her and can't wait to get her diary and see more of her character and background unfold.  London is one of my favourite cities in the world and I love that she is studying/working (I can't remember which) in it.

Just to refresh our memories about this lil cutie pie...

http://monsterhigh-pretty.blogspot.com/2013/08/monster-high-sustosc...

Thanks for all the responses everyone, I really like reading all these positive opinions. There really is some Clawdia love in the fandom after all :)

Some good points were made too. With her joining the cast we now have two 'big sisters', and while Nefera is the tormenting kind Clawdia seems to be profiled as the nicer, more approachable kind to her siblings.

And about being useful or necessary, I agree. Personally, I'm in it for the dolls so if I like the doll design I'll get it, wether they have a big part in the webisodes/ specials or not. Catrine is pretty much a backgrounder who got a doll, Scarah was just a backgrounder when her prototype was revealed and some 'big' characters like Venus have never gotten much webisode love so they are not alot more then a backgrounder to me. But I don't like those dolls any less because of it. I really love Catrine's design, I am very happy Scarah got a doll etc. and I will be happy when I can add Clawdia to my collection, regardless if she has a small or major part in the movie.

I am not really a fan of Clawdia but there are things I do love about her. That big creepy grin is awesome, I love the fact that she's another taller doll and her personality seems to be great. :) So even though there are things I do not like there is alot to love about this doll! 

I just think that Clawdia's design is unique amongst all the dolls, being that she has the taller body and a totally different headmold from what we've seen already.  Love it or hate it, it's undeniable that it got everyone's attention.

Whether Clawdia ends up a major player or set dressing, I don't care; I like what I've seen of her, and I'm going to get her doll.  And if there are some people taking a pass on her for whatever reason, then that just may make her easier to get when the time comes.

Mighoula Scaremeyer said:

Thanks for all the responses everyone, I really like reading all these positive opinions. There really is some Clawdia love in the fandom after all :)

Some good points were made too. With her joining the cast we now have two 'big sisters', and while Nefera is the tormenting kind Clawdia seems to be profiled as the nicer, more approachable kind to her siblings.

And about being useful or necessary, I agree. Personally, I'm in it for the dolls so if I like the doll design I'll get it, wether they have a big part in the webisodes/ specials or not. Catrine is pretty much a backgrounder who got a doll, Scarah was just a backgrounder when her prototype was revealed and some 'big' characters like Venus have never gotten much webisode love so they are not alot more then a backgrounder to me. But I don't like those dolls any less because of it. I really love Catrine's design, I am very happy Scarah got a doll etc. and I will be happy when I can add Clawdia to my collection, regardless if she has a small or major part in the movie.

Agree!

Midori Fae said:

I just think that Clawdia's design is unique amongst all the dolls, being that she has the taller body and a totally different headmold from what we've seen already.  Love it or hate it, it's undeniable that it got everyone's attention.

Whether Clawdia ends up a major player or set dressing, I don't care; I like what I've seen of her, and I'm going to get her doll.  And if there are some people taking a pass on her for whatever reason, then that just may make her easier to get when the time comes.

Mighoula Scaremeyer said:

I love Clawdia.  I don't see the purpose for her yet.  I love her neon yellow hair.  It shows where Howleen got her day glowstyle.  And I love her smile!  I love the molded fangs!  I didn't know she was in London but that is so awesome!  I love the sneaky like homage!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service