Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

I consulted my husband on this as he would have the best advice in dealing with this since he is a web page programmer at a local computer company.  He said that he asked the CEO of their company about this and his response was that this type of fraud is a federal matter and that the FBI would get involved with it.  More than likely PalPal has already contacted them, but you can also report the fraud.  This is a federal crime and is taken quite seriously.

Check this site for more information on filing a claim: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

I wish all of you luck with this, and as most of you have pointed out in the forums, scamming with PayPal was a huge mistake.  I hope that everyone affected by this scammer comes out of this with their money refunded and a cheap lesson learned on the true definition of "buyer beware" and "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is."  I feel for all of you and I wanted to post this for you all to read so we can kick these kinds of people to the curb!

~Bride

Views: 819

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We did NOT file a claim to get our money back and its called a dispute. There were so many factors that caused many people to want to initiate contact with the business. They closed and opened three different paypals in one week. They didn't answer shipping questions. They did post they shipped orders up to the 2nd on this forum but not one person has yet to get anything. It wasn't that it was a scam that people wanted to get the business to have contact with them. They even closed out their emails. That is fishy to people. It may not be to you. Though I don't know too many people needing to open up three and closing three paypal accounts in one week. I do not know of any actually.  No when most of us started a dispute (which is a way to start communication with the seller) we didn't want our money back we rather have the doll, instead of communicating with us they automatically refunded our money. I don't see that I nor anyone else did anything wrong by wanting contact from a seller. That is important to me. I dont know of anyone ordering then immediately filing a dispute.  Many of us waited a good week and a half just to get communication. Now if you find that wrong, I can't change your mind.

Shelby Jones said:

I am just curious as to why it is a scam?  The store just opened.  You just placed an order.  Did you expect to receive what you ordered the next day?  If they didn't contact you right away does that mean they are stealing your money?  What sounds fishy to me is everyone who ordered and immediately filed a claim.  Why couldn't you wait?  Paypal gives you 45 days but if you were too antsy maybe those of you who couldn't wait should not have ordered there. 

When did you get it? What was the email address? Can you please post the email contents? Thank you. - Jeff

pisica kitty said:

I got  email from them not to long ago actually. They refunded my  money and I didn't   file or claim  or anything.

Thanks! Looks like I also got a refund without filing a dispute. Here is the note the seller wrote:

Note from merchantSo sorry but we can not use paypal since so many people were impatient and filed claims, they limited our account and we can not access the funds there. We will be opening another store using a different payment method and will let you soon. Thanks!

pisica kitty said:

about   28 mins ago and the address is nickymh2012@live.com and  boyfriend order this for me

PayPal logo Jan 12, 2012 16:53:43 PST
Transaction ID: 9C797953E4447211B
Hello Joseph drake,
A Doll's Envy Store just sent you a refund

A Doll's Envy Store just sent you a full refund of $24.49 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact A Doll's Envy Store.

The refund will go to the card you paid with.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant information
A Doll's Envy Store
nickymh2012@live.com
http://adollsenvy.storenvy.com
919-593-6706
Note from merchant
So sorry but we can not use paypal since so many people were impatient and filed claims, they limited our account and we can not access the funds there. We will be opening another store using a different payment method and will let you soon. Thanks!
O
Invoice Number: 306358
Questions? Visit the Help Center at: https://www.paypal.com/us/help.
Thanks for using PayPal – the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online.
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response.

PayPal Email ID PP1465

Why would they need to refund you guys? That doesn't make sense. Even blaming us for filing a dispute wouldn't effect them going to the post office and mailing your order last week. It might freeze their account but if they mailed it a while back then it wouldn't have messed with the funds from you. It would only have to make them wait longer to get their money since they are getting investigated.

I checked my mail and I got the same email from them. Interesting. At least they refunded us the money and didn't keep it.

Paypal wouldn't have let them... around the 45 day mark when you started questioning where your order was and filed a dispute...  they can't close their Paypal accounts if they have orders less than 45 days old, so even if they had moved the money into their bank account (which they did because I called Paypal to ask why there was a temporary hold on my refund), they would still accrue a negative balance on their Paypal account...Paypal would have taken legal action.

I just don't see how they can write to a person who had their order shipped 10 days ago and tell them "sorry, we've closed our store and refunded your money". 
Are they "gifting" the people that didn't dispute with free dolls?

Lillian Gracey said:

I checked my mail and I got the same email from them. Interesting. At least they refunded us the money and didn't keep it.

I like how ebay/Paypal does it... You have to have 25 successful sales totalling over $250 and it has to have been 90 days since your first successful sale - or they hold the funds in your Paypal account for 21 days.... (I'm on sale number 24 of 25 *eye roll* and 10 active years on ebay and I've only sold 24 items!!!!)  or until 7 days after the item has been successfully delivered - but you have to print their labels and provide a USPS tracking number.  It's a little inconvenient since I have to front the shipping money out of pocket for 3 weeks, but I understand why they're doing it....

I guess that's why they didn't do an ebay store... their sales would have been higher if they had

Ayaka502 said:

Why would they need to refund you guys? That doesn't make sense. Even blaming us for filing a dispute wouldn't effect them going to the post office and mailing your order last week. It might freeze their account but if they mailed it a while back then it wouldn't have messed with the funds from you. It would only have to make them wait longer to get their money since they are getting investigated.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service