Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

Wydowna? A backgrounder? A regular character that's special in some way? Someone new all-together?

I think Wydowna stands a good chance and here are my reasons why; people can't stop talking about her/hoping for her, while highly desired by adult collectors she's perhaps a little to eh... creepy for the mainstream public whose target audience is ages 6-12.  However if she is well-received/highly desired by many, she could come out again as a Power Ghoul exclusive... just my thoughts...

Let's hear yours!

Views: 1161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought I remembered hearing about this before I stepped away breifly, I just couldn't remember exactly how it worked.

I do see listings for generic "Early Access" sales every month, but it doesn't say what that entails, so it's possible that the early access sale for August includes leftovers from SDCC.

Guess we'll just have to hope there isn't any crossover from MOTU fans (even though I know there is) or DC Universe fans into the MH World!

Lillian Gracey said:

MattyCollector mentioned that subscribers will have early access to SDCC exclusives after SDCC is over and assuming there will be leftovers after that, they will be available to the public. This is what I got from them in an email:

• Early access exclusively for subscribers: We are presenting our 2013 subscribers with all-new functionality that enables them to buy non-subscription products before they are available to the general public! We believe this will be a huge perk and an absolute bonus for subscription customers. 

Check out the screenshot I just posted.

Werecat Strut said:

I thought I remembered hearing about this before I stepped away breifly, I just couldn't remember exactly how it worked.

I do see listings for generic "Early Access" sales every month, but it doesn't say what that entails, so it's possible that the early access sale for August includes leftovers from SDCC.

Guess we'll just have to hope there isn't any crossover from MOTU fans (even though I know there is) or DC Universe fans into the MH World!

Lillian Gracey said:

MattyCollector mentioned that subscribers will have early access to SDCC exclusives after SDCC is over and assuming there will be leftovers after that, they will be available to the public. This is what I got from them in an email:

• Early access exclusively for subscribers: We are presenting our 2013 subscribers with all-new functionality that enables them to buy non-subscription products before they are available to the general public! We believe this will be a huge perk and an absolute bonus for subscription customers. 

From my understanding it applies to at least what is sold after SDCC. You could always email them for more clarifications. Because it specifies buying, I don't think it would hurt people with getting vouchers for the con, but I could be wrong.

Triumvirate said:

So, just to clarify, this applies to items sold after SDCC? Early Access lets subscribers get first dibs, so non-subscribers may not have anything left to buy after the subscribers get to it. But this has nothing to do what is going to be sold at Comic-Con or to ticket holders in the form of vouchers prior to Comic-Con? There's no risk that early access subscribers would prevent ticket holders from getting their vouchers?

Lillian Gracey said:

Here's a screenshot from the email I got shortly after SDCC.

Hopefully now y'all will believe me.

Her Monster Highness said:

The entire Matty Collector Early Access/subscriber SDCC subject has my brain bleeding. Can someone please make a final clarification? I've spent a lot of time pouring over the site and it leaves me more confused than ever.

Thanks for posting that. It definitely clears up the confusion. Although it sadly doesn't look too good for the after-sale. Lower production numbers and more of them hidden away from the general public.

Oh well!

Lillian Gracey said:

Check out the screenshot I just posted.

Werecat Strut said:

Lillian Gracey said:

Props (and condolences) to Julia Phelps, I'm sorry the dreaded fear came true and want to personally wish you much luck in getting one for your daughter, we are in the same boat... here's hoping!

Note:  BTW looks like the trademark for "Webarella" still hasn't been filed.

abbclawgoona said:

PG Wydowna does fit VERY well, and I can see them doing all kinds of things w/ that for the extras; the box art, maybe a comic book, special bag, etc.  But would her basic be well-received if mass-produced to all the stores? IDK, but if PG Wydowna is the SDCC, I'm sure her reception will be heavily evaluated for that.  Overall, I'd have to say that PG Wydowna does seem like the most logical candidate, to me anyway.  Was there a special name given to her yet in the comic box art w/ the PG dolls?  If I remember correctly just part of her artwork was shown and nothing else was disclosed of her other than she's a villain right? (we don't have any PG dolls yet, only interested in Catastrophe).  Being that the others have their special names she would obviously need one too, but as Triumvirate pointed out, they wait 'til much later now to trademark names (forgot about that).

Julia Phelps said:

My fear is that it will be the Power Ghoul version of Wydonna - fits the con theme, isn't a basic (they can do a basic of her for stores), uses molds and trademarks they already have.

It's my fear because my daughter LOVES the power ghouls and will want it desperately.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service