Monster High Dolls .com

News and Reviews of Monster High Dolls, Plush Toys, and More!

This has been touched on a little in a couple of other discussions I've read, and maybe some of you already have inside info on this.  With the release of Friday Night Frights out now, it has made me think more about what Target might do this year if they do another 5 pk.  If they do, do you think it will be Roller Maze or Scaris, and which dolls? 

If Roller Maze, I personally would like to see Draculaura, Cleo in her "photo op" outfit lol (gold skates and all!), Rochelle in her gargoyle armor, Clawdeen, and either Operetta and Frankie; and have Abbey and Ghoulia sit this one out since they've been released 2x already.  I highly doubt they'd do Rochelle, would be too expensive to do especially for a 5 pk, but how awesome would she look with the ponytail helmet and all... but perhaps Cleo would be a possibility, she never wears a helmet in the movie so they'd save money there lol.

Views: 1114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm there's a thought... so do you think maybe they'll add to the new Swim Class line?


Her Monster Highness said:

I would love to see any of those things but Scaris would be my dream set.
Roller Maze is a bundle of questions in my head since the first wave of them hit this past Summer, along with the KMart 2 pack - now Clawdeen and Abbey as singles... as a 5 pack, it has the potential of being the most redundant set yet.
Since the previous Target 5 packs have been beach themed, I am leaning toward that again. I'm not very creative! Absolutely loved that there were 3 exclusive dolls to the SS 5 pack. Maybe there is hope!

Guess I hadn't thought of it, or rather dismissed it bc there's been like a zillion swim dolls done and thought they'd do something else, but repetition does seem to be prevalent with MH.  If they do another swim pack, please let there at least be 1 or 2 boys in it!

Her Monster Highness said:

From past sets - it's possible. Hopefully someone can confirm or atleast deny it.

abbclawgoona said:

Hmm there's a thought... so do you think maybe they'll add to the new Swim Class line?


Her Monster Highness said:

I would love to see any of those things but Scaris would be my dream set.
Roller Maze is a bundle of questions in my head since the first wave of them hit this past Summer, along with the KMart 2 pack - now Clawdeen and Abbey as singles... as a 5 pack, it has the potential of being the most redundant set yet.
Since the previous Target 5 packs have been beach themed, I am leaning toward that again. I'm not very creative! Absolutely loved that there were 3 exclusive dolls to the SS 5 pack. Maybe there is hope!

If they decide to do a Roller Maze pack, they will probably produce a Draculaura Roller Maze doll. She's one of the "big three", and she's in every line possible. Plus, her RM version is even on the cover of the videogame.

I don't think that we will see a Scaris pack, but everything is possible! We even got a Fearleading Werecats pack out of the blue, so we can't rule out any possibility.

There's a budget line and a swim/beach every year- Gloom beach, Skull Shores, Roller Maze, Dead Tired..
So it may be the swim/beach line following suit of the last couple of years :)

How cool would it be?....Scaris 5-pack: Operetta, Torralei, Howleen, Nephra, and Gill ! ....or sub Venus for any of the girls. If they did something like that, I think I would not only purchase a 5-pack, but I might even go and try to pick up every doll in the Scaris line. Not a likely scenario I know...... : )

To be honest i dont think theres going to be a scaris 5-pack it just sounds kind of weird to me.

Because,ahem,each doll line gets only 1 exclusive OR the entire doll line is exclusive

Scaris's exclusive is Catrine DeMew unless shes having a re-release.

so i dont really get why people keep saying 'scaris 5-pack probably'

umm no.

 

Walmarts 3-packs seem to only be dance line themed so far

but who knows maybe theyll surprise us?
 
Triumvirate said:

I believe the most likely candidate for a Target 5 pack is Scaris and would include Draculaura, Abbey, Ghoulia, Cleo, and Lagoona. That's not just wishful thinking. I think that's a realistic possibility.

Because of the way the new swim dolls are being sold - similar to Dead Tired 2 or Killer Style, I do not believe we will see anything else for that line - no new characters or gift sets.

I know that the general consensus on Roller Maze seems to be that there will be no Draculaura, but I'm not ready to count that possibility out yet since no one has provided me any proof that is definitive. I have long imagined that we could realistically see a Roller Maze 3-pack with main ghouls Frankie, Clawdeen, and an exclusive Draculaura in it not unlike the Dotd 3-pack. The fact that Frankie and Clawdeen are shipping one per case supports that possibility. I could imagine that being this year's Wal-Mart exclusive 3-pack if we don't get a Dot Dead Gorgeous wave 2 and 3-pack this year.

I do not see a Roller Maze 5-pack happening, nor do I expect to see any more new characters for Roller Maze besides a possible Draculaura.

I also wonder if we will see a Lagoona and Rochelle ballet Dance Class exclusive 2-pack. Perhaps at K-Mart?

These are all just my personal theories and opinions though, I could always end up surprised.

no no what i had meant to say was that each doll line either HAS an exclusive or the entire doll line IS an exclusive

)for example scary tales and power ghouls)
 
Her Monster Highness said:

Skull Shores had 3 exclusive dolls in the 5 pack last year: Frankie (in color), Clawdeen and Cleo but the entire line was not exclusive.
The same is true for the Wal-Mart DDG 3 pack.

another_monster said:

To be honest i dont think theres going to be a scaris 5-pack it just sounds kind of weird to me.

Because,ahem,each doll line gets only 1 exclusive OR the entire doll line is exclusive

Scaris's exclusive is Catrine DeMew unless shes having a re-release.

so i dont really get why people keep saying 'scaris 5-pack probably'

umm no.

 

Why not a Dance Class 5-Pack? Add Rochelle?

Scaris 5 pk does make the most sense, I'm just wishing/dreaming with the Roller Maze Cleo and armor-clad Rochelle, I realize it's completely unrealistic, just fun to think about.  We'd prefer RM (or Swim if it contains a boy, or Dance Class for that matter) over a Scaris 5 pk, which I highly doubt we'd personally get, we have enough Scaris dolls.  We got the SS 5pk and love it, but our collection is multiplying way too fast! 

**Although my one complaint w/ the SS pk- on SS Clawdeen, I couldn't stand how her swimsuit kept falling down like some kind of hoochie mama, so I took one of my girls' ponytail holders that matches her suit, and cut it to fit and attached it to each side of the top of her suit, so she has a strap to hold up her suit and goes behind her neck, my girls say it looks like she came that way, and should have IMO ;) )

         Trimuverate, you make a good argument for Scaris as a 5 pack using historical evidence.  I would like a Scaris 5 pack which included Cleo and Toralei.  I still wonder though, if it won't be a Dance Class 5 pack, the DC line is almost bathing suits with wraps like a beach line.  The clothing from the Scaris line seems too "nice" and not budget-y enough for a 5 pack.  Doesn't it seem like it would be hard to come in within budget on a 5 pack of Scaris dolls?  Or are they going to raise the price?  If they do make a Scaris 5 pack I wouldn't complain, and if they do it at a reasonable price, I will sing Mattel's praises even more. 

I had to ask around to get this info, but SS slimbox came with stands, and the 5 pack did not.  So obviously that was a cost cutting measure right there.  The Scaris slimbox  dolls already do not come with stands, so they can't cut those  to lower the price.  They would probably cut their bags, but that is the only accessory the dolls come with.  Most of the budget on Scaris slimbox dolls seems to have gone to clothing/shoes which obviously cannot be cut.  although, now, none of t he slimbox dolls come with stands I don't think, so unsure what they can cut out.

Triumvirate said:

I have thought about this as well. Is budget Scaris more expensive than Skull Shores? If they are the same price then I'm guessing they just distributed the cost differently, like maybe giving the Scaris dolls nicer outfits but more cheaply made accessories? I don't know. Anyway, I'm assuming a Scaris 5-pack would not come with the travel bags, it would just be the dolls.

Mabbulous (no PC) said:

         Trimuverate, you make a good argument for Scaris as a 5 pack using historical evidence.  I would like a Scaris 5 pack which included Cleo and Toralei.  I still wonder though, if it won't be a Dance Class 5 pack, the DC line is almost bathing suits with wraps like a beach line.  The clothing from the Scaris line seems too "nice" and not budget-y enough for a 5 pack.  Doesn't it seem like it would be hard to come in within budget on a 5 pack of Scaris dolls?  Or are they going to raise the price?  If they do make a Scaris 5 pack I wouldn't complain, and if they do it at a reasonable price, I will sing Mattel's praises even more. 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Stu Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service